• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spacehopper
    Hopper
    • Mar 2021

Originally posted by frenchy
    Anyone ever use a guffhopper? See picture IMG_1418.jpg
    Still got mine..they overinflate a bit, and aren't a bad ride..the fart unit died years ago, so I chucked it

Comment

• Merl
      Hopper research dept.
      • Apr 2021

the fart unit died years ago
      Hate it when that happens.

Comment

first in a series of reviews

RINCO 36” Knobby Bouncy Ball with Handle

Color: varies, red/orange/yellow/blue/purple/green and more
        Handle: closed rectangular loop
        Texturing: smooth with rubber knobby bumps
        Inflation type: plug hole
        Size: 36” max
        Released: 2006 (estimate)
        Availability: still in production and can be found on Amazon, eBay, etc.

This hopper is a bit cumbersome with the size for good hopping. The knobby texture may seem unpleasant to some folks but I don’t mind. Good for sitting and bouncing or rolling around on. Not great rebound but more of a soft, rubbery feel. Would not inflate to full 36” diameter because the ball develops weak spots at the base of the knobs when inflated that much. Plug is not near the top or bottom - it is in the middle of the ball. Good placement since bottom placement leads to plug damage eventually. Plug difficult to remove the first couple of times and need to be careful to not damage the ball during plug removal. I found a set of blunt nose pliers and firm, slow pulling worked for plug removal. It is a fun ball, however there are much better hoppers for bouncing around other than stationary.

Comment

HOP Fit by empower

Color: blue
          Handle: unusual mushroom shape with stem supported by a foam block
          Texturing: smooth with a very slight texture (eg matte and not shiny)
          Inflation type: plug hole in middle of ball (not top or bottom)
          Size: 28” ball with 8” tall handle
          Released: 2019 (estimate)

This hopper is a size for good hopping​. Good overall ball. Not thrilled with the handle, but durable and good rebound. Comes with plug, video, plug removal tool, pump, measuring tape for circumference, foam covered in black fabric comfort collar. Good for forward hopping or stationary bouncing. A good firmness but not too hard either.

Comment

• Merl
            Hopper research dept.
            • Apr 2021

The foam block is to be gripped between the thighs for hands free hopping?

Comment

Merl - exactly

Comment

• Merl
                Hopper research dept.
                • Apr 2021

OUNCES OF BOUNCES
                Colors: red, blue, pink
                Handle: a welded-on loop
                Texturing: pebbled
                Inflation type: plug hole
                Size: 14-16" diameter
                Released: late 1990s
                Availability: out of production, thankfully

Probably the worst hopper ever, it's literally a heavier gauge vinyl beachball with a handle. Not rotomolded, it's made from welded panels with questionable seams...

Screenshot_20240123_214727_eBay.jpg

Would make an okay water buoy, or an actual beachball, but as a hopper it would be worthless even if 10 inches bigger. Makes the cheapest Chinese hoppers look excellent.

Comment

• Spacehopper
                  Hopper
                  • Mar 2021

Originally posted by Merl
                  OUNCES OF BOUNCES
                  Colors: red, blue, pink
                  Handle: a welded-on loop
                  Texturing: pebbled

Would make an okay water buoy, or an actual beachball, but as a hopper it would be worthless even if 10 inches bigger. Makes the cheapest Chinese hoppers look excellent.
                  Wow...what a truly awful hopper!..I wouldn't want to bounce on it, let alone inflate it..might be OK for other uses..but probably wouldn't take the abuse

Comment

• Spacehopper
                    Hopper
                    • Mar 2021

Originally posted by frenchy
                    HOP Fit by empower

Color: blue
                    Handle: unusual mushroom shape with stem supported by a foam block
                    Texturing: smooth with a very slight texture (eg matte and not shiny)
                    Inflation type: plug hole in middle of ball (not top or bottom)
                    Size: 28” ball with 8” tall handle
                    Released: 2019 (estimate)

This hopper is a size for good hopping​. Good overall ball. Not thrilled with the handle, but durable and good rebound. Comes with plug, video, plug removal tool, pump, measuring tape for circumference, foam covered in black fabric comfort collar. Good for forward hopping or stationary bouncing. A good firmness but not too hard either.
                    I've seen pics, but didn't know anyone who actually had one!

Comment

• Merl
                      Hopper research dept.
                      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Spacehopper

I've seen pics, but didn't know anyone who actually had one!
                      I have one too. Not my favorite but it's pretty good

Comment

Working...