I made a balloon popping simulator

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erik Grand
    • Sep 2023

Hi, is correct that the new pumps are blowing to pop? The one in the bedroom can not make tied balloons anymore and the new pumps In the other rooms also only blow to pop with one push
    Last edited by Erik Grand; 19-03-2024, 16:34.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Erik Grand
      Hi, is correct that the new pumps are blowing to pop? The one in the bedroom can not make tied balloons anymore and the new pumps In the other rooms also only blow to pop with one push
      There should still be one that has the option to tie them. Think its a blue pump that does it. It's a beta, so things will be moved around as I test and add new code. They'll be a lot of work in progress stuff. I was working on a new animation system and there's currently no way to "tie" the balloons with animations. Physics objects can't have animations, which is why the balloons that neck when you overinflate them, can't be used for tied balloons. There might be a work around for this in the future.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Erik Grand
        • Sep 2023

Originally posted by wildheart

There should still be one that has the option to tie them. Think its a blue pump that does it. It's a beta, so things will be moved around as I test and add new code. They'll be a lot of work in progress stuff. I was working on a new animation system and there's currently no way to "tie" the balloons with animations. Physics objects can't have animations, which is why the balloons that neck when you overinflate them, can't be used for tied balloons. There might be a work around for this in the future.
        The blue one is replaced by the red one in the bedroom. The blue one in the other room is still there. The red and green, are they the same? Anyway it's a great "game" I really enjoy it. Keep up the good work, can't wait for de new updates, like a a pump that can tie bigger balloons, and again a pump that can tie in the bedroom. I did build a balloon room in the first version there.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Erik Grand

The blue one is replaced by the red one in the bedroom. The blue one in the other room is still there. The red and green, are they the same? Anyway it's a great "game" I really enjoy it. Keep up the good work, can't wait for de new updates, like a a pump that can tie bigger balloons, and again a pump that can tie in the bedroom. I did build a balloon room in the first version there.
          One should be 13 inch and the other 16. I'll add more options soon. Should be able to have you select what size you want to inflate on the pump, just like you can currently do by mouth.

Comment

• UKPOPPER
            • Feb 2023

Really good fun! I think I just popped about 300 balloons just testing out each pump and room. Always after a louder bang and some squeaks wouldn't go amiss too. Great stuff! I look forward to different environments - perhaps popping under a bridge or on an empty underground platform, in the woods...😁🎈
            Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• wildheart
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by UKPOPPER
              Really good fun! I think I just popped about 300 balloons just testing out each pump and room. Always after a louder bang and some squeaks wouldn't go amiss too. Great stuff! I look forward to different environments - perhaps popping under a bridge or on an empty underground platform, in the woods...😁🎈
              Glad you enjoy it. I'll be sure to add new environments once I've got all the features I want. I'll have a look at adding more squeaks. Perhaps when you bump into the balloons. Can probably set up a collision sound.

Comment

• wildheart
                • Apr 2015

I added a new update. The helium balloons are now popable, theres a new cluster of balloons and multiple pumps have been combined into one. Now you can select what balloon to inflate (helium and air pump still need this feature. Also sometimes it takes multiple key presses to work. Will investigate this issue soon) the balloon on the helium tank will now deflate if not enough air added. This stops people from having tiny balloons if they don't realise they have to hold the key for certain pumps.

Comment

• aron_crow
                  • May 2020

Awesome mate!

Comment

• wildheart
                    • Apr 2015

I added a new update that lets you tie the balloons you've inflated by mouth. It was the most requested feature, and was long overdue.
                    What do I add next?

Comment

• UKPOPPER
                      • Feb 2023

Well, I think a balloon buddy would be nice. A person who will inflate and pop balloons with me in the simulator. Long term vision - the VR or AR interactive looner experience (combining real world balloon play with the virtual world). Good luck with that. I am happy to be your games tester. 😁
                      Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• wildheart
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by UKPOPPER
                        Well, I think a balloon buddy would be nice. A person who will inflate and pop balloons with me in the simulator. Long term vision - the VR or AR interactive looner experience (combining real world balloon play with the virtual world). Good luck with that. I am happy to be your games tester. 😁
                        I've not got the budget, manpower or skills to pull anything like that off. I just put together some basic blueprints in the unreal engine.

Comment

• Erik Grand
                          • Sep 2023

Maybe, a decoration option? And the Helium balloons attached to a ribbon and a weight? And different sizes and shapes to the tied balloons?

Comment

Working...