Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

I made a balloon popping simulator

I haven't been on here for ages for various reasons, but I have recently made a balloon simulator in unreal engine 5. There's some screenshots and a link to download below if anyone is interested. It features a few different tools to inflate and pop balloons. It's only an early version and I intend to add more content soon.

Link to download: https://loonerstories.weebly.com/balloon-sim.html

Attached Files
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com
  • LoonerLover23
    • Nov 2023

Man thats cool. Would be super nice if you you could make it so, that you can create custom balloons or shapes. Maybe som with prints or idk.

Comment

• S2Plooner
      • Jan 2020

I have played for a few minutes and its really fun.
      Looking forward for more versions including grabbing knifes to pop balloons around, option to kick or punch balloons, fire, etc.
      Thanks buddy!

Comment

• skyscream44
        • Sep 2016

i remember the one from years ago. im glad some one made a new one.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by skyscream44
          i remember the one from years ago. im glad some one made a new one.
          The VR one I made? That was basically a mod i made using someone else's system. I built this one from scratch so I get a lot more control over everything.

Comment

• Gunnapop
            • Oct 2020

....crap. I got a Mac. Does anyone have clips of this simulator? It sounds quite fun. ~gp

Comment

• Gunnapop
              • Oct 2020

....premature response on my part. I have not been on YT in a while. This is really neat, WH. Well done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Afu6Vr2Oc

Comment

• wildheart
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Gunnapop
                ....crap. I got a Mac. Does anyone have clips of this simulator? It sounds quite fun. ~gp
                I could technically made a build for macOS but I don't think performance would be great. Macs aren't great for gaming in general.

Comment

• Sit2Pop
                  Certified Looner
                  • Oct 2023

I've played the simulator on two different computers, and I can add my experiences of it! My work laptop, with an i3-8145u, Intel UHD 620 graphics, and 8GB of ram did not run the game well taking long to load, it was pretty laggy, I'd guess an average of 10 fps. However, my gaming laptop with an i5-9300h, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650, and 24GB of ram ran the game flawlessly, never dipping below 60 fps, and overall, it was definitely fun! The one bug I've noticed was that when I jumped on top of a balloon or beach ball, that it would disappear without a popping sound or animation, and I would teleport back to the floor. Otherwise I did not notice any issues!

Features I would recommend to add would be the ability to ride balloons, and sit to pop them! Maybe incorporating inflatables like exercise balls and hopper balls as well, with their own mechanics and ways to pop them. A fun idea for a game mode as well would be to have a bunch of balloons and inflatables, and you have to blow up and pop all of them, in different ways, and cleaning up the popped material, before people get home and find out what you were doing!

Overall, it was definitely a fun experience, and I'm looking forward to any potential updates or additions!

Comment

• Erik Grand
                    • Sep 2023

Oh this is cool, are you already working on updates? This is great. I have to say it's a bit of a bummer that the balloons just disappear when you walk through, and is it possible to show shreds after popping?

Comment

• wildheart
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Erik Grand
                      Oh this is cool, are you already working on updates? This is great. I have to say it's a bit of a bummer that the balloons just disappear when you walk through, and is it possible to show shreds after popping?
                      I'm working on fixing collisions. I could make a system for shreds, but the balloon colours are randomised and the particle system for the shreds would be separate, so the colours wouldn't match.

Comment

• Erik Grand
                        • Sep 2023

Okay, I am looking forward to the updates, maybe a decoration tool, and an option to pop decorations. Maybe the option to put the helium's on a string and an option to tigh the balloons by hand pump and mouth inflation?

Comment

• wildheart
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Erik Grand
                          Okay, I am looking forward to the updates, maybe a decoration tool, and an option to pop decorations. Maybe the option to put the helium's on a string and an option to tigh the balloons by hand pump and mouth inflation?
                          I could potentially do some of that. Just need to come up with some code to do it. I've never done coding before, so everything is slow progress. I've been meaning to add an option to tie the animated balloons with necks. Just need a way to save their state so they can become a physics object. It's definitely possible, just need to work out a way to do it. The collisions will be different depending how big the neck is, so that's another thing to sort out.

Could have a way of placing decorations. Just need a way of placing objects without them clipping into things or simply spawning in front.

Comment

• wildheart
                            • Apr 2015

I added an update to fix the collision problems and added a new balloon inflator (16 inch) can download from the same link.

Comment

• Erik Grand
                              • Sep 2023

Cool, I can't wait to try. It's so cool that you are building this

Comment

Working...