Peanut balls. A "poorman's" ride roll

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lopsided
    • Mar 2023

After successfully making a CanDo 120cm ball extremely soft with 2 bottles of the atbc softener, I decided to try out the softener on a CanDo 150cm ball. I used 3 bottles of the atbc softener on it, and the ball has become almost balloon-like in softness. It also now inflates to about 175cm when full, but I like the ball more at around 140-150cm in size when I use it. The treated 150cm is a big upgrade over the treated 120cm. I highly recommend getting one of the CanDo 150cm's and applying the atbc to it!

Comment

• Unicks
      • Nov 2020

lopsided - I think the trick is using the CanDo vinyl, it responds very well to the ATBC treatment. I've tried others and it seems there is a limit and the vinyl just gets gooey before soft.

I have another blue donut from them and it's at over 100ml now. It's a 36" vinyl geo donut balloon that gets quite large and extremely soft while remaining surprisingly strong. You can sit on it in any way and it loves it, sticky feel, but more than happy with the outcome. Only complaint would be deflating it.. when you pull the plug out, the inside of the valve is so soft it plugs the opening.. sometimes making horrible noises like a balloon. I have a bic pen body that fixes that.

I got discouraged with CanDo's larger balls.. I bought the lime green 150cm before, but it popped before even getting to 120cm. It had a few bubbles in the vinyl and I made the supplier aware and they just wanted me to buy another, I can't remember but it was expensive with the shipping. When you mention 'bottles' are you referring to the small Sculpey product? I have used them before in the past and think they are 30ml in volume.

U

Comment

• Merl
        Hopper research dept.
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Unicks
        lopsided - I think the trick is using the CanDo vinyl, it responds very well to the ATBC treatment. I've tried others and it seems there is a limit and the vinyl just gets gooey before soft.

I have another blue donut from them and it's at over 100ml now. It's a 36" vinyl geo donut balloon that gets quite large and extremely soft while remaining surprisingly strong. You can sit on it in any way and it loves it, sticky feel, but more than happy with the outcome. Only complaint would be deflating it.. when you pull the plug out, the inside of the valve is so soft it plugs the opening.. sometimes making horrible noises like a balloon. I have a bic pen body that fixes that.

U
        With the blue XL donut, is tight bounce a tradeoff for getting that ATBC softness? I haven't treated mine with anything.

Comment

• Unicks
          • Nov 2020

Merl - You are going to lose some of the tensile strength and turn it into give with the ATBC.

Comment

• lopsided
            • Mar 2023

Unicks I think CanDo has changed their construction of the 150cm since this new ball was softer out of the box and a lighter shade of green compared to my other CanDo 150cm. And yes the bottles I was referring to were the 30ml sculpey bottles. I've been ordering the balls off of amazon as that's the cheapest place to get them here in the US that I've seen and haven't had any issues with them so far. Maybe just bad luck on your order? Hopefully it won't happen again if you order another one!

Comment

• Unicks
              • Nov 2020

lopsided - this ball was 'soft' too, but it never made it to 100cm let alone 150cm. Quite expensive for not being able to return it, have a look at the photos I sent to the people at FEI. They are crap pictures, but it's all I have.
              U
              071938.jpg 071910.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

• lopsided
                • Mar 2023

I'm very sorry to hear that happened! Especially with that specific ball as they don't make that version of the CanDo 150cm anymore. The newer ones are a bit thicker than the version of the ball in the pictures you provided. I personally have never had an issue with any CanDo ball I've bought although a friend of mine did have a CanDo 120cm that had a deep scratch from either shipping or an issue in production but he was able to get it replaced from Amazon.

Comment

• BigBreathless
                  • Jun 2017

I´d honestly love a video demonstration of the donut in its softened state, showing off how it behaves!

Comment

Working...