Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heaviest
    • Jun 2018

Re: Do You Like Beach Balls?

I brought 24 and 36 inch beach balls to a private pool party...as well as swim rings and air mattresses. Nice thing about private parties is people kinda know each other and share the inflatables. I expected people would use my toys, and they did.

Two teenage girls taught everyone that beach balls can be sat on. Both of them were on a 36 incher from walmart, and a woman I know from my gym sat on it after they got off it. Girl is stocky AF and easily outwieighs both teens. She sat gingerly, and as it stretched and sank she said it was deflating and I told her it was just stretching and would need more air. After a few minutes she added air herself, and ten-ish minutes later repeated her claim it was leaking but added air again. But she was on it for a long time, like on and off for a couple hours. Added air once more. Stopped being delicate sitting on it, and learned to balance with her feet off the ground.

I can't call her Gym Girl because I already have one of those. She's a weight lifter, almost certainly abuses steroids, and is also fat. Dirty bulking isn't just for men! Anyway, she was also on a 24 incher, recognized that it seemed more likely to pop but was kinda okay with that possibility, added air, and was on it for a while before it popped. Laughed and got back on the 36 incher.

I'll have more to say about her in other threads.

The teens were also on the 24 inch balls, and a couple adults sat on the balls on the grass. I almost never see adults sit on beach balls.

Comment

• heaviest
      • Jun 2018

The 36 incher did eventually spring a leak. An easy-to-repair pin hole near the valve. Already repaired.

Comment

• JOhara
        • Jul 2015

I bought a 36 inch beach ball from walmart. Bluescape brand. First beach ball I have got to play with bigger than 24 inches. It was alot of fun to romp on and pretty soft even when fully inflated. Did not take long to “finish”

Comment

• heaviest
          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by heaviest
          The 36 incher did eventually spring a leak. An easy-to-repair pin hole near the valve. Already repaired.
          This ball has orange poles, and under the orange vinyl is of course the side panels. The pin hole was in a weld in the orange vinyl at the edge of two panels. Basically, where three pieces of vinyl intersect. I repaired it with vinyl cement. Stocky girl sat on it again for a while, and that pin hole is now a nail-head size hole in the orange vinyl and a pinhole in the vinyl under it. My vinyl cement is still keeping it mostly closed, but weird that it opened up in the same location, and in fact the other three-panel intersection in the north pole are all showing signs of pulling apart. Like the orange vinyl has just stretched too much.

Odd, and very cool. I'm going to repair it again.

Comment

• heaviest
            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by JOhara
            I bought a 36 inch beach ball from walmart. Bluescape brand. First beach ball I have got to play with bigger than 24 inches. It was alot of fun to romp on and pretty soft even when fully inflated. Did not take long to “finish”
            I'm very happy that I can get a 36 in a store. I should probably stock up, if they aren't sold out already.

Comment

• bigbubbles
              • Mar 2016

Testing to see if I can post

Comment

• heaviest
                • Jun 2018

I saw what looked like the 42 inch transparent, striped intex ball at the pool. Three women were being photographed on it. One would lie on it and two would crouch near her or lean on her or lay on her. Then they'd get up and two would sit on it and the third would lean on them, then they'd get up and try something else. They never managed to get more than perhaps 3/4 of their combined weight on it, but it was lovely to see. Maybe 130, 230 and 300 pounds. They weren't shy about putting the heaviest of them on top, and in fact they seemed to think that was funny, but it was the least successful they were at getting a lot of weight on the ball. The most successful was the heaviest sat on it, the next heaviest sat straddling her and the smallest of them leaned on her back and stretched to climb as high as she could. It also worked well for the smallest to sit on the ball, the largest would straddle her, and the third would lean on them. They didn't seem to be trying to pop it, and expressed no concern for popping it. They were just getting goofy photos. Had the thing pretty well squashed at times, though. I also saw the photographer, a guy of about 230 pounds, and the girls playing with swim rings in the pool. They tried to get two people on a 36 inch ring.

I looked to see if that ball had become available again, and found two amazon sellers selling it. One said it was intex, the other had photos which didn't make clear if you'd be getting that ball or the polka dot one, but they said it was an off brand. Both listings seem sketch, but it might be available. There are some ebay listings that seem more certain to be selling the right ball. It's not as rare as I thought it was.

Comment

• Benjy
                  • Mar 2018

I looked to see if that ball had become available again, and found two amazon sellers selling it. One said it was intex, the other had photos which didn't make clear if you'd be getting that ball or the polka dot one, but they said it was an off brand. Both listings seem sketch, but it might be available. There are some ebay listings that seem more certain to be selling the right ball. It's not as rare as I thought it was.
                  Out of interest, which transparent/striped Intex ball do you mean? The recent-ish one with thicker stripes running from end to end, or the classic 90's one with thin stripes running across the panels?

There seem to be a few knock-off versions of the one with end-to-end stripes, but arguably one I have is nicer than the Intex version (mainly because the Intex one has white reverses to the coloured stripes, the knock-off has colours both inside and out, so it's a bit more decorative).

Given the 90's-era Intex striped ball goes for over a hundred quid secondhand (mostly in the US, so add import fees too) I wish in hindsight I'd bought more of them, back in the day. It's a pity Intex don't reintroduce the pattern, though it would probably lose its appeal on a modern, smaller ball with stiffer vinyl, covered end-to-end in warning labels...

Comment

• heaviest
                    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Benjy
                    Out of interest, which transparent/striped Intex ball do you mean? The recent-ish one with thicker stripes running from end to end, or the classic 90's one with thin stripes running across the panels?

There seem to be a few knock-off versions of the one with end-to-end stripes, but arguably one I have is nicer than the Intex version (mainly because the Intex one has white reverses to the coloured stripes, the knock-off has colours both inside and out, so it's a bit more decorative).
                    I guess it's the recent-ish one with the pole-to-pole stripes. Not sure which ones are around for sale, but the ones I saw in the wild had color on the inside, so I guess they were knock-offs.

Comment

• heaviest
                      • Jun 2018

I posted a link to a 600-pound woman sitting on the intex 42 inch polka dot beach ball. She says she has trouble sitting on it because it rolls away, so she traps it against a wall. Gets most of her weight on it, and even bounces a little bit, but mostly chickens out.

When I expressed disappointment in that video, a 700 pound woman that is staying with me sat on one of these balls, not against a wall. It was more satisfying because she clearly had all her weight on it. She did chicken out, though. I've also seen a 200 pound woman lay across that ball and the 700 pound woman lay on her. Still a lot of weight on feet and hands, but a lot of weight on the ball regardless. I've seen it survive this play, I've seen it develop a leak, and I've seen it pop. I think I've described this before.

New girl from my gym, who I can't call Gym Girl because I already have a girl named Gym Girl. Girl from my gym weighs about 250 pounds, Gym Girl weighs about 720. They've both been on the intex balls, and recently the smaller one had the larger one lay on her on the ball. They were on a double air mattress, in case the ball popped. The ball flattens modestly with just the smaller girl on it, then the larger girl stands behind her, straddles her, leans over and puts her hands on her, which pushes her face to the air mattress, and even the coincidental new load on the ball flattens it a lot more, and she doesn't even have her weight off her feet. She bends at the knees, with her belly loaded on the other woman's butt, and they both sink a lot, and they bounce a bit and roll, but it holds them for about five seconds, and pops.

Next, the smaller woman sits on a 24 inch ball, and the larger woman straddles and sits on her. I and my ex did this, and it's impossible to get two large people both on the ball without a lot of weight still on hands and feet. But 720 pound Gym Girl and 250 pound girl from my gym did their best. Laughed a lot, completely burried the ball into the mattress and under their bulk, with lots of vinyl popping noises, and the ball popped. Couldn't really even see the ball, but saw them both drop when it popped.

Comment

• heaviest
                        • Jun 2018

This ball has orange poles, and under the orange vinyl is of course the side panels. The pin hole was in a weld in the orange vinyl at the edge of two panels. Basically, where three pieces of vinyl intersect. I repaired it with vinyl cement. Stocky girl sat on it again for a while, and that pin hole is now a nail-head size hole in the orange vinyl and a pinhole in the vinyl under it. My vinyl cement is still keeping it mostly closed, but weird that it opened up in the same location, and in fact the other three-panel intersection in the north pole are all showing signs of pulling apart. Like the orange vinyl has just stretched too much.
                        The orange poles on the 36 inch Walmart ball seem to be a thinner vinyl that the rest of the ball. My patches to the pin holes that open up at the intersection of two side panels and the orange pole just keep opening up, and it happens in multiple places. The ball stretches a lot with just the 250 pound woman on it, and it reliably develops these holes in the poles. Disappointing.

Comment

• heaviest
                          • Jun 2018

There's a large, translucent ball in yellow, orange and red, with an unusual patch-like seam pattern rather than the symmetric pattern of most other balls, that keeps showing up in pron films. I assumed it was sold as a sex toy, but it turns out it's just a Sun Splash 48 inch ball. Old and hard to find, but nothing special, construction-wise. As far as I know.

I had always wanted to find one, because I assumed it was made to hold the weight of two adults, so of course I wanted to try it with two large adults. But it's just a beach ball.

48 inch balls seem to hold less weight than smaller balls, and b2p easier, too. The 42 inch Intex balls will take a lot of weight. Sturdier than most 36 inchers.

Comment

Working...