So, other misc Inflatable objects you use.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inflatoal47
    • Jan 2023

So, other misc Inflatable objects you use.

Hey guys,

So apart from balloons, beach balls and other things that are designed to be inflated, what objects in everyday life do you like to inflate that were not designed to inflate?

An example for me would be Garbage bags, i sit on them and inflate them under my shirt for a cheapo inflatable suit (which i cannot afford) Ive heard of people inflating mattress bags too.

I would love to hear peoples views on this topic, what you like to inflate that are not designed for the very purpose

Al
  • Regular Guy
    • Aug 2015

I like to inflate condoms and latex surgical gloves.

Also tried to B2P smaller plastic bags but that was rather boring for me.

I sat on inflated garbage bags which felt quite nice.

Never tried that but swim caps and hot water bottles can also be inflated.

Comment

• TheMole
      • Nov 2019

I really love heavy duty latex gloves, like the type used in lab environments and such. Also, tire tubes can be fun if you can find the natural rubber ones that have been used and worn in a bit.

Another thing is "dunnage bags", they're basically pool cover pillows but made of a lot more robust material. They come in PE or vinyl (vinyl is more fun) and are used to fill gaps in trucks during shipping.

Comment

• OneTrickPony
        • Feb 2024

In my country we use small long plastic bags to make ice, when I was a phobic kid, I used them as a replacement for balloons to play since they're more resistant, now I blow them from time to time for a different sensation.
        [ OTP ]
        It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!

* You obtained x1 BALLOON 🎈 *

Comment

• bigloonfucker
          Punk member
          • Nov 2023

THE MOLE, you mean that acid resistant black gloves with thickness of about 1mm? I am interested if they are able to inflate to similar sizes as surgical gloves. With this thicknes they seems to be durable and able to access a lot of abuse, isn't it? But they are much more expensiver than the regular gloves, so i wanted to know how big they can get for riding. Did you try to bake them?

Comment

• Squeeze Cey
            Bag Buster
            • Feb 2024

I'm a sucker for wanting to get a pop out of anything poppable even as a phobic. I enjoy smaller plastic bags and paper bags as well as any plastic packaging I can bust. It's always an exciting day when a parcel arrives and it's filled with those air packaging bubbles. They produce a good bang when stomped on or clapped between two hands and I love when they bust neatly on the seam so I can blow them up and bust them again. It's great when you can get multiple pops out of one bag 😝.

Comment

• cl23
              • May 2022

Besides balloons, latex gloves (thicker and thinner materials) i like to inflate latex ball bladders, latex breathing bags and everything else made of latex, that can be inflated. In Europe, the thicker latex gloves by Ansell seem to be the best, you can get, if you want them to be huge and ridable.

I vulcanized two latex swim caps together, added a mouth piece and got a huge two colored balloon. That was fun
              What i also love, is making my own balloons out of sheet latex in the shapes i want.

Comment

• mervos2
                • Feb 2024

Originally posted by cl23
                I vulcanized two latex swim caps together, added a mouth piece and got a huge two colored balloon. That was fun
                What i also love, is making my own balloons out of sheet latex in the shapes i want.
                How did you vulcanize them together? Still looking for a good method that works on stretched material.

Comment

• bigloonfucker
                  Punk member
                  • Nov 2023

Originally posted by mervos2

How did you vulcanize them together? Still looking for a good method that works on stretched material.
                  I think he meant vulcanizing cement for repairing innertubes. That worx good with latex, but there is very important prepairing of surfaces: they must be absolute free of grease (alcohol do the job) and then you have to wait a couple of hours before inflating. This way the joint in unbreakable

Comment

• ArchibaldR
                    • May 2021

Originally posted by Squeeze Cey
                    I'm a sucker for wanting to get a pop out of anything poppable even as a phobic. I enjoy smaller plastic bags and paper bags as well as any plastic packaging I can bust. It's always an exciting day when a parcel arrives and it's filled with those air packaging bubbles. They produce a good bang when stomped on or clapped between two hands and I love when they bust neatly on the seam so I can blow them up and bust them again. It's great when you can get multiple pops out of one bag 😝.
                    Haha same! It's even so bad that when 2 companies offer the same product for the same price, i order at the company that still uses plastic packaging 😅 (In the Netherlands more and more companies stop using plastic packaging or packaging material as a whole because of the enviroment....)

Comment

• cl23
                      • May 2022

Yes, i use Tip Top SVS-VULC for gluing together balloons and sheet latex. For swimming caps, after cleaning with alcohol, i put both openings with alligned ends on a big tube, rolled one layer of latex back, added the vulcanizing cement and rolled the latex over it. After that, i added a mouth piece of a balloon to one side for inflation.
                      You should wait for a few hours before inflation. If you attach normal balloons with this method, sometimes you don't have to wait, depending on the method. I use baby powder on the seams. You can store these balloons, as long as if they were not been modified.

You can also add latex SPHs to balloons
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

• cl23
                        • May 2022

This are some of my balloons that i made from sheet latex.
                        I tried to replicate other balloons. Due to the sheet latex being much thicker, than the original balloon's latex, the shape has to be adjusted in a few iterations if you want to get closer to the original.

I tried to use the same method for putting together the two pieces (front and back), latex clothing is being manufactured.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                          • Mar 2018

Here are some I made from latex sheet. I was able to ride the thin clear one a few times before I burst it. The large one punctured but I repaired it and the blue thin one burst when I tried to ride it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• bigloonfucker
                            Punk member
                            • Nov 2023

Originally posted by cl23
                            Yes, i use Tip Top SVS-VULC for gluing together balloons and sheet latex. For swimming caps, after cleaning with alcohol, i put both openings with alligned ends on a big tube, rolled one layer of latex back, added the vulcanizing cement and rolled the latex over it. After that, i added a mouth piece of a balloon to one side for inflation.
                            You should wait for a few hours before inflation. If you attach normal balloons with this method, sometimes you don't have to wait, depending on the method. I use baby powder on the seams. You can store these balloons, as long as if they were not been modified.

You can also add latex SPHs to balloons
                            Yes, svs vulc's are good adhesives for gluing latex and if i am careful and prepare good the surfaces, its rideable again. But when not, sometimes, after a hour spent by gluing 1 balloon, there maight be some inperfection and by first inflating balloon pops and all my work is gone. I think, all "creators" know what i am speaking about, so the most important is to be very careful... I must take a pictures of my "weird" balloons too for sharing
                            cl23: the shape of balloon on your first picture (2 colored) looks like the roomtex's loonster
                            Last edited by bigloonfucker; 04-03-2024, 15:12.

Comment

• cl23
                              • May 2022

Originally posted by bigloonfucker
                              I must take a pictures of my "weird" balloons too for sharing
                              cl23: the shape of balloon on your first picture (2 colored) looks like the roomtex's loonster
                              I am looking forward to seeing you creations

This is the weirdest shape, i created.
                              I did not realize, that it will look like a dick, before i inflated it for the first time, only wanted to make a zeppelin with one red side
                              The long part is made of sheet latex, the ends are made of two regular balloons. This was my first attempt at working with sheet latex and it worked out really nice. I also learned, that the balloon will get a bent shape, if there is only a seam on one side:

ban5.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Working...