Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inflatoal47
    • Jan 2023

Thoughts on punch balls?

I saw a pack of 5 punch balls from morrrisons yesterday (was with my friends so I couldn’t buy) for £1, might go back for them. They looked very thin though.

so apart from the string, they are just regular balloons right? Never owned one before
  • JCB
    • Feb 2021

Tbh punch balls don't knock me out! Give me regular balloons anyway.

Comment

• Loonatic
      Balloons + Feet
      • Apr 2016

Absolutely love punch balls. The good ones are extra thick and made to be abused so real fun for sitting on and extra loud and shreds when blown to pop. I usually remove the string/rubber band. If you work at them they can get a really cool bulging neck that I personally love. Even the thin ones are fun and shred a good bit as well (sometimes even more). I’d say go for it, they’re cheap and fun and you get to try something new! See how big you can get the neck haha

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
        • Dec 2023

I really like punchballs. They are big, fun and usually quite strong. I enjoy bouncing them on their elastic. I love bouncing them into the path of something sharp! 💥

My wife is a non looner, but enjoys bouncing them due to nostalgia/childhood memories, which I'm not gonna lie, is a huge turn on.

No idea about the morrisons ones, but Asda do a pack of 4 for either £1 or £1.50 which are incredible. There's a big warning on the packet not to inflate them beyond 15", but got this one to almost 20" after a few inflations, and it still survived me sitting on it at that size. Felt a lot like a TT17", but possibly stronger! I like Poundland ones (5 for £1) too, but they are very different. They are weaker and pop easily but you can get some amazing necks on them if you stretch them out. They are also the best balloons I've found for spontaneous popping when overinflated, and make a hell of a bang when they go!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mutaloon
          • Nov 2018

I had a couple of punch ball balloons in my life. I had one when I was around 10 or 11 and I remember it being able to be blown up so big. It was my favorite balloon growing up. It eventually popped when I over inflated it from blowing into it too much. I remember the material being thick. I don't know how the quality of today's punch ball balloons stand up.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
            • Jun 2020

I like the thickness of the old punch balls. The round shape from the eight flutes. I find the current one's too small and thin. An oak rubber play ball from the 70's was about 55 grams and rated at 20 inches. A 18"cattex is about 9 to 10 grams. To get this thick latex, I have been coating balloons to increase the weight and thickness.

Comment

• Meililoon
              aka lyckr
              • Sep 2014

I've never been a fan. The way they look doesn't appeal to me at all.

Comment

• Axle
                • Jan 2022

i've always liked them. one of my formative turning point experiences was with one. however i will admit i have to be in the right mood. also they don't make them big and strong enough for my liking.
                Curiosity killed the cattex.

Comment

• PBK
                  • Mar 2019

Love punchballs. They are my favorite balloon by far. Lots of happy childhood memories of them growing up. I have hoarded thousands of them of many different brands, colors and sizes. My favorites by far are the now out of production Qualatex/Funsational punchballs and of course the long out of production Blue Bird punchballs of my childhood.
                  I have 2 store display boxes full of Smurfs and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle printed Bluebird punchballs individually packaged from the 80's I bought off Ebay. I wouldn't dare try and blow any of them up now because they're old, I don't know how they were stored and I'm a phobic non-popper. I just keep them for nostalgia. But I have lots of other punchballs that I blow up regularly. Current favorites are the Cattex and Amscan punchballs that can be had from Party City stores here in Canada. I also really like the Globos Payaso/Mexico punchballs that can be had by the 3-pack from Dollar Tree. They get HUGE and well beyond their rated size.
                  I remember when every toy store had a blown up punchball on display above the box or bin of deflated ones for sale.
                  Last edited by PBK; 01-02-2024, 17:18.

Comment

• loonlun
                    • Mar 2021

Punchballs have sort of been my back up whenever I couldn't find or get larger regular balloons. I find them to either be thicker and firmer and not quite the feel I like from normal balloons or much thinner and more prone to bursting. They also seem to be louder when they burst. A lot of my earliest looner type memories are with both regular balloons and punchballs as both were around in my life at those times and while I prefer normal balloons I do sometimes get punchballs for variety's sake.

Comment

• snh61
                      • Sep 2017

Where can one nowadays buy a very good quality thick latex punchball? Preferably in a crystal color...

Comment

• Geoff Robinson
                        Senior
                        • Mar 2024

Always wanted 24inch punch balloons.

Comment

• Gunnapop
                          • Oct 2020

PBK - I got lucky and scored a box of Smurf prints, years ago. Go ahead and inflate them. One thing I observed.....inflate to 8" then deflate and toss in the dryer for some heat. The oldschool punchballs have only recently become my favourite....now that Pioneer discontinued the line....as they are the absolute challenge to see how huge they can get with repeated blow/heat cycles. Enjoy the heck out of them, eh....the aroma and tactile nature is unlike any other. I think I have 3 more of them, in orange and will have to pull one out. Yes....you have a fantastic cache of balloons that no longer exist. Digressing....where in CA? I was born in South Porcupine, Ont and moved to the states when I was barely a toddler.

Comment

• grizzleylooner
                            • Aug 2023

The old punch balls were great, when they used to be thick and strong, but the last few years I've struggled to find any that are tougher than ordinary balloons.
                            Even when inflated to the max with the neck right out, they used to stand up to some fairly hard riding and bouncing. Some of the new ones are so weak you can barely inflate the neck before they pop.

Comment

• Depresso
                              • Nov 2022

Favorite type of balloon by far. Handleable and controllable like small loons, but huge and impressive like bigger loons. Best of both worlds. Very cute.

Comment

Working...