Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • traveler_mark
    • Jan 2022

Cattex 40/43/47

I bought a number of these to see how I liked them and such and wanted to offer some initial impressions...

The balloons generally seem to be durable (a bought a mix of clear and pink as those colors seem to be a good mix of soft and durable across many brands) and will hold a good amount of weight without having to be significantly underinflated. The 40" took a lot of air on initial inflation with virtually no stretching beforehand. It blew up at least very close to advertised size and was nice and firm. I let it sit for a bit and pressed / squished it a bit with increasing pressure a number of times before letting out some air and seeing how it held up to weight. Happy to report that it did very well.

I was surprised to see, post deflation, just how stretched that balloon was after only one inflation and some use. A couple of subsequent inflations yielded a bit more size capable. During inflation, it would firm but after fully inflating and letting some air out, it was much softer than it was at the same size while inflating it (not unexpected, really, but other balloons will often still be soft during inflation at a particular size and not very noticeable different while deflating after full inflation).

The piece that I was a bit disappointed with, though, is the neck size on these specific sizes. The 40" is a bit tight to be able to fit inside of and I have to do a lot of stretching of the neck to try and make that work. The 43 and 47 sizes use the much larger neck size and aren't really conducive to that kind of use.

TL;DR - The material seems like it's reasonably sturdy and they're well made. The 40 may or may not work if you like to put yourself into the neck when you ride. The 43 and 47 are very large and sturdy but won't work for "slip on" use (unless you're literally a horse).
  • Exaturbo
    • Feb 2021

Cattex are my current favourite.

I prefer the 55” myself. Under inflated to around 40” they are practically indestructible.
    for a non popper that’s important 😂

they last and last too. My current 55” is a yellow one that’s been inflated for 13 months straight.
    I have only added air a few times. It’s getting time that it will be replaced before too much longer now.

I tried the 43” and found it a little too hard at the size I like.
    i prefer a softer more squishy balloon.

Comment

Working...