Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

Anyone here learning to drive?

Anyone here learning to drive at the moment?

It's currently 57 days till my first lesson it's such a long wait I figured I would post about it on here. What makes the wait worse is I'm scared of getting locked down again and having to wait even longer so that makes the wait worse for me

I wish I could of done it at 17 but am now able to do it In my 20s.
  • Sentret1
    • Aug 2023

Re: Anyone here learning to drive?

Hi! I may not be LEARNING how to drive, but I did just recently get my full license.

I'm not sure if you want some advice but I have some:

While the rules may not be the same where we live, I would suggest doing textbook research (reviewing the rules of the road, learning what each sign means, etc.) prior to your first lesson. It'll make the experience go smoother because you'll know how to read the signs.

Another thing you could do while you wait is learning where your turn signals are, the windshield wipers, lights, etc. are in the vehicle you're using.

The wait is always horrible, and you'll likely be jittery the first few times you get into the drivers seat but you can do it!

Comment

• Axle
      • Jan 2022

this is an interesting subject for me actually because i've spent years avoiding learning. i just don't want to! never entirely worked out why i just don't like the idea of it.
      Curiosity killed the cattex.

Comment

• AJK64
        • Jun 2018

I have never learned to drive. The area of the UK I live has good public transport and to be honest, everything I use is within walking distance. But I do wonder whether I should have at least learned when I was younger.

Comment

Working...