X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ladyloonerlover
    Lover Of Mouth Inflation
    • Mar 2014

Burnout remedies

Not balloon related. I'm sure most of are the same in that we are hard working people just trying to make ends me. Occasionally we suffer from burnouts from working so so hard. My question is has anyone ever experienced a burn out and found a remedy?
  • Whale Rider
    • Nov 2022

Re: Burnout remedies

Originally posted by Ladyloonerlover
    Not balloon related. I'm sure most of are the same in that we are hard working people just trying to make ends me. Occasionally we suffer from burnouts from working so so hard. My question is has anyone ever experienced a burn out and found a remedy?
    yes, medication, a decent physician and possibly a different job if the employer is the source of trouble. demanding a system change that you dont need 3 jobs to make ends meet might also be a valuable undertaking.

After I swiched the employer i recovered very fast , well fast for that kind of sickness... and dont feel bad it is a part of the system as it is that people are literally used up and burned for a few extra promille of profit... well and of course some bosses are simply sociopaths that is an additional obstacle.

Comment

• IILoonerII
      Banned
      • Feb 2020

Try. Calming tea, then green tea in morning. I would honestly leave NY. if you could. The left politicians there, made it expensive with their failed policies to live there.

Comment

• Danman1987
        • Nov 2012

Several years ago I suffered a burnout. What helped me out of it was aroma therapy and a mindfulness training. Especially with mindfulness training I learned how to deal with high pressure and saying "no" to somebody else when you are already busy with stuff.

Comment

• Danniballoon
          • Mar 2018

Yes, you need to get out in to nature every day. Chemicals in plants & the soil have a positive effect on wellbeing. I try to go out for a walk most days & it really helps. Much better than popping pills, anyway. I also endulge in my favourite hobby of building models which helps hugely

Comment

• Whale Rider
            • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Danniballoon
            Yes, you need to get out in to nature every day. Chemicals in plants & the soil have a positive effect on wellbeing. I try to go out for a walk most days & it really helps. Much better than popping pills, anyway. I also endulge in my favourite hobby of building models which helps hugely
            cool what do you build with what materials? lego, wood, metal plastics? sounds interesting :-)

Comment

• inflatemydragon
              • Feb 2023

honestly I've just been taking walks when something stressful comes up, but not to make it much about inflatables, but being able to touch them and hug them can also be a pretty good stress reliever!

Comment

• AJK64
                • Jun 2018

Walking in nature is great for stress relief. The moderate physical exercise helps regulate mood stabilising chemicals in the body and being in nature can, by itself also have the same effect. Meditation is a great thing to learn too, and can be applied to lots of situations. Mindfulness techniques too. Even something as simple as setting time aside for a 30 minute soak in the bath, away from everyone else can be a way to literally and metaphorically wash away the days stresses.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                  • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Whale Rider
                  cool what do you build with what materials? lego, wood, metal plastics? sounds interesting :-)
                  I like plastic model kits, Airfix, Tamiya, Revell, etc. I used to build a lot of aircraft, but currently am in to Takom 1/16 scale tanks. I sometimes do model railway type buildings in platic and card kits. I get so engrossed in them, I forget about anything else, that is bothering me and time just flies. On a typical Saturday night I can start working on them at around 9:00 pm and not stop until 2:00 am.

Comment

• AJK64
                    • Jun 2018

I've just bought my house and am going to build a model railway in one of the rooms. It's been a geeky dream of mine to have a model railway since I was a kid and its exciting planning it all out. I've started building a card kit church to get a feel for it and I'm having such a great time. Its really relaxing once you get into the zone with it

Comment

• Whale Rider
                      • Nov 2022

Originally posted by AJK64
                      I've just bought my house and am going to build a model railway in one of the rooms. It's been a geeky dream of mine to have a model railway since I was a kid and its exciting planning it all out. I've started building a card kit church to get a feel for it and I'm having such a great time. Its really relaxing once you get into the zone with it
                      sounds also cool you have pics? what size do you envision? H0, N?
                      (what is the difference between US and EU N and H0 by the way? I went for building lego and archery for stress relief)

Comment

• AJK64
                        • Jun 2018

I will be building in N gauge. I have bought 3 engines already and will be using DCC control as its easier to run multiple engines that way. I am actually uncertain how to add pics here haha

Our builders/decorators will be renovating the house throughout March so I envision starting building my layout in May once everything settles down. I am really excited (even more than actually buying my house).

Comment

• lucid
                          • Sep 2016

Yeah burnout sucks. As others have said, try getting out into nature. There really is something about it that kind of resets things and sometimes it has this crazy way of making your problems seem miniscule in the moment.

Also, a bit more controversial I'm sure, but it works. I like to drop a couple grams of shrooms from time to time
                          Maybe once every 3 or 4 months. It works like you wouldn't believe. I've heard people describe it as 10 years of therapy compressed into 6 hours. Obviously you'd need to do your own research. It's definitely not one size fits all. But there are places you can go now in a more professional setting, all legal if disobeying politicians isn't your thing.

Comment

• Whale Rider
                            • Nov 2022

do get to a physician and get medication also remember it can have anatomical reasons. a checkup of your bodily health is always done for that reason.

Comment

• Merl
                              Hopper research dept.
                              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Danniballoon
                              I like plastic model kits, Airfix, Tamiya, Revell, etc. I used to build a lot of aircraft, but currently am in to Takom 1/16 scale tanks. I sometimes do model railway type buildings in platic and card kits.

Ever build vintage, like Aurora?

Comment

Working...