Leaving balloons to be popped

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slow DeFlaite
    • Apr 2023

The closest thing to this happening to Me was I came Home to Find My Beautiful Yellow 36" Balloon Flat on My dresser with Shriveled up pieces of selophane tape all over it. I left it tightly inflated to its bursting point in My Bedroom and left for a Few Hours.
    I came in My pants when My ex wife told Me what She did to it, Why She did it & How long it took her to do it. My Beautiful balloon had so many Holes in it I couldn't blow it back up or patch it!
    She told Me that She came All over it while it was going down while imagining ME finding it FLAT!

Comment

• Azurefox
      • Jan 2023

Originally posted by Kitten
      We haven't actually done this yet, but it sounds like it would be really fun. We've bought balloons from shops, but not had them inflated because it's expensive and they rarely put enough helium in them.
      I've done this while working far away from anyone who knew me. Yeah, it's expensive, especially since they offered to treat them with hi-float, and only inflated them to 70% of their rated size ultimately. FYI, it was cold outside so it's not like temp is gonna kill them.

No, what kills them is the store apparently doesn't know how to rotate their stock, and even the staff was afraid of them popping prematurely. Go figure, I take them home and guess what? Church windows everywhere.

Comment

• ukinflateloonlad
        • Dec 2022

So fun when there’s balloons about, blowing down the street, in a shop display, or elsewhere in public space. And then guys go pop them. Funny if amongst a group they challenge each other to pop the balloons.

Comment

• ukinflateloonlad
          • Dec 2022

So fun when there’s balloons about, blowing down the street, in a shop display, or elsewhere in public space. And then guys go pop them. Funny if amongst a group they challenge each other to pop the balloons.

Comment

• UKPOPPER
            • Feb 2023

I remember walking past a young lad, probably no older than about 12-14 years old, who was popping balloons from a display in a shopping centre. It was an outside concrete covered area at the top of a stairwell and so the echoes from the bangs were tremendous. Part of me thought he was a disturbed child who clearly had no respect for others property and public decorum - but another part of me was envious of his fearless and brazen approach to relentlessly destroying the balloons. A balloon phobics nightmare.
            Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• Nailpopper
              • Sep 2014

I love leaving them in public. I’ve got some great experiences doing this. Although most of the time they burst on their own.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                • Jun 2015

I've heard of a guy (not me) who would go a mall/ shopping centre, go to a fast food (McDonald for example) buy a burger, drink and take a balloon. Place the balloon in the rubbish bin, go to a table to eat the burger whilst watching people's reaction. Some lift the balloon, place their rubbish in then replace the balloon. Others look then walk away to another bin. Eventually a kid or even an adult will either pop it there or take it away with them. Probably a good source of entertainment to watch.

Comment

• phenix
                  • Jan 2021

Sometimes I throw heavily overinflated balloons out of my window on 9th floor and watch how they fly slowly and then loud burst on the trees in the yard 😅

Comment

• ukinflateloonlad
                    • Dec 2022

Originally posted by Nailpopper
                    I love leaving them in public. I’ve got some great experiences doing this. Although most of the time they burst on their own.
                    would be great to hear your stories on this!

Comment

• Azurefox
                      • Jan 2023

Originally posted by UKPOPPER
                      I remember walking past a young lad, probably no older than about 12-14 years old, who was popping balloons from a display in a shopping centre. It was an outside concrete covered area at the top of a stairwell and so the echoes from the bangs were tremendous. Part of me thought he was a disturbed child who clearly had no respect for others property and public decorum - but another part of me was envious of his fearless and brazen approach to relentlessly destroying the balloons. A balloon phobics nightmare.
                      When I was in grade 5, a teacher got really upset at a student for breaking another kid's balloon animal. Then they said something that I really agree with (not trying to be biased because I am a non-popper): That was not yours to break. Balloons are the same as any other belonging irregardless of value and breaking it is vandalism. If they are clearly abandoned in public-that's probably different.

That child's parents probably needs to have a little discussion about respect for people's property.​

@nopops4me
                      Rescuing a balloon from a public waste bin? A fast food waste bin? That's just... That's just.... just no LOL​

Comment

• UKPOPPER
                        • Feb 2023

Yes I agree with you Azurefox. Even at a party I find it disrespectful to pop the balloons unless you have been invited to do so by the person who is having the party - or it's your balloon. Balloon drops are a bit different I think - although I haven't seen a party with a balloon drop since I was very young.
                        Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

Working...