Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loonpunter
    • Jul 2022

Re: Unique ways to pop balloons?

I like to prepare a bunch of balloons all tightly inflated and then tease and torture them with a hot hairdryer, seeing how much heat they can take (and expand to really steel-tight proportions) before bursting. I also enjoy watching their necks expand hard against the knot as they struggle to survive the pain.

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by loonlun
      To mix it up, I've found it fun to use heat from a hot iron or a space heater.

I've also had a friend make a bunch of random sharp pointy things with their 3D printer. Having a genuine balloon harpoon is pretty fun.
      Show us your balloon harpoon!

You inspired me to go and find things to 3d print to aid in busting, like below:

Comment

• OnceYouPop
        • Sep 2022

Few things ive done before:

- tealights all over the ground and throw a bunch of balloons onto them or do a balloon drop onto them.
        - slingshot + tacks
        - large, sturdy balloon inflated taped to a pipe with a smaller or weaker or more overinflated balloon on the other end
        - blow 5 bresths into a balloon every day for a week or until it explodes.

Things i want to try:
        - blowtorch!!!
        - orange oil in spray gun
        - 'accidentally' letting go of a bag of balloons that youve inflated to take to a party

Comment

• Exaturbo
          • Feb 2021

Orange peel squeezed near a balloon will often lead to an Insta pop.
          WD40 will also pop balloons. Though it’s sometimes slower to do so. So you don’t know when it will exactly happen.

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
            • Dec 2019

Originally posted by yet_another_aussie

You inspired me to go and find things to 3d print to aid in busting, like below:
            Got impatient, crudely designed and made my own

It in action:
            Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Boys and their toys

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
              • Dec 2019

The concept isn’t new, no

Comment

• loonlun
                • Mar 2021

I'm not sure how to add pictures. Originally I just typed in "harpoon" on a 3d printer file site and told my buddy that it was to help me pick up the litter around my area but really I planned to use it against balloons. Once I got it, I just attached it to the end of a dowel rod. Eventually I got the itch and got a printer of my own and so I made my own improvement on the design to be extra pointy with the main stabber and a few extra points coming off of it, think like an end for spear fishing. I think the pointiness of the object for popping also adds to the fun. I want to try tacking up sheets and arranging fans to create a wind tunnel and put a bunch of 12" balloons in there to pop with it but haven't yet had the chance to try it.

Got impatient, crudely designed and made my own

It in action:
                Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Boys and their toys
                Nice! I made something similar.

Comment

• glovepopper
                  • May 2019

A few times I popped balloons with strong red laser pointer (about 250mW), but it's not a new way either... Besides, it only works with colors that absorb red light well.

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
                    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by loonlun
                    I'm not sure how to add pictures. Originally I just typed in "harpoon" on a 3d printer file site and told my buddy that it was to help me pick up the litter around my area but really I planned to use it against balloons. Once I got it, I just attached it to the end of a dowel rod. Eventually I got the itch and got a printer of my own and so I made my own improvement on the design to be extra pointy with the main stabber and a few extra points coming off of it, think like an end for spear fishing. I think the pointiness of the object for popping also adds to the fun. I want to try tacking up sheets and arranging fans to create a wind tunnel and put a bunch of 12" balloons in there to pop with it but haven't yet had the chance to try it.

Nice! I made something similar.

Hey fair enough, thanks for the inspiration man

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                      • Nov 2021

I've used a few "unique" methods for popping over the years . Placing a table lamp in with a bunch of balloons will result in several random pops from the heat coming from the light bulb . The other method took place in our house in Georgia shortly after we finished moving out. I set up a balloon room in the empty garage filled with a couple hundred 11" balloons . I also hung a set of old X-mas lights across the room . One at a time I busted the X-mas lights causing the glass to land on the balloons creating rapid fire pops !! It was actually rather fun !! Plus , being that it was in an empty garage made cleanup rather easy . A broom and dustpan made quick work of the mess !
                      Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• glovepopper
                        • May 2019

Guys, maybe this video will inspire you to do some experiments:
                        As the levels get HIGHER, the Balloon Popping Trick Shots get HARDER! Everything seen in the video is 100% real! Song: Fight Till The EndArtist: Shangrii-LaC...

Comment

• Matt9408
                          • Feb 2023

A fairly unique way could be to lay out a bunch of balloons and drive backwards and forwards over them with your car.

Comment

• heaviest
                            • Jun 2018

A memorable balloon video was a woman laying on a balloon, and you think that’s a fair bit of weight but it’s not popping, then her boyfriend lays on her, and it holds until he makes the effort to get his weight off his feet and onto her, and when it pops he lands on her on the floor.

Comment

• UKPOPPER
                              • Feb 2023

When I was really fearful of popping balloons I tried several remote techniques. One was to stick a balloon to the ceiling then tape a thread to it and set fire to it like a fuse (NB - fire risk!) another was to put a pin on a radio controlled car. I would like to try this with a mini drone. Finally, spraying with orange oil buys you a few seconds/minute before the balloon bursts because the oils degrade the latex...boom! 😊
                              Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• bazpop68
                                • Mar 2023

I sometimes use a Hairdryer to execute Balloons. Love holding the hairdryer close to them, switch it on and see how long it takes the hot air blowing on the Balloon to make it burst. Sometimes it is awesome watching how the hapless Balloon suffers and its neck grows longer as it expands against the knot. The hairdryer always does its job though!

Comment

Working...