Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aron_crow
    • May 2020

Re: How far can Q16s be pushed?

Very helpful thread. I bought a small number of Q16s but was definitely afraid to blow it big enough. They are my first 16" balloons. I know the rule with 14" ones that they get a decent neck as a warning but I didn't know much about the 16s. The tightness still scares me. The attached image is the biggest I managed without pumps and without scaring my neighbours with an atom bomb blast noise
    Attached Files

Comment

• Common Loon
      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by aron_crow
      The attached image is the biggest I managed without pumps and without scaring my neighbours with an atom bomb blast noise
      Beautiful balloons! They've still got a good amount of room left in them too

I like to count breaths as a good yardstick for how full balloons are. For me, a Q16 takes a good ten full breaths before it gets to 15-16". And the rule of thumb from there (which also works for many other balloons) is that you can blow the same number of breaths after rated size as you did before rated size.

So if it takes me 10 breaths to get to the intended size of a Q16, I know it would take me at least another 10 breaths from there before I have an atom bomb situation. (Barring any defects in the balloon or general unluckiness.) That can maybe help you to experiment with pushing your size a bit further when mouth inflating.

Comment

• Blue548
        • Sep 2015

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll have to experiment to find out

Comment

• heliumsitr68
          • Nov 2021

Is the date code system the same for Q-16's made in Canada ? I have several bags made in Canada and some blow up fine and others pop before reaching 2/3 rated size .
          Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• stormbubble
            • Nov 2017

the green ones seem weaker to me for some reason

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘