Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kitten
    • Jul 2023

blow to pop contests at parties

So we're having a bit of a birthday party at our house soon, and we'll obviously have lots of balloons up, but I mentioned the idea of having a balloon popping game and my partner thought it might be a bit too random. Some of our friends know about the balloon thing, but a lot don't.

Has any one experienced a b2p contest or similar game before? If so, how did it happen? Do you just suggest it would be fun to see who can blow a balloon up until it pops the fastest? Or is it something more spontaneous like someone starts blowing a balloon and another encourages them to pop it and it goes from there? I'm probably over thinking it. I know some of our friends who know will probably tease me a bit. I want it to be an innocent game where the focus isn't just on me.
  • aron_crow
    • May 2020

If you are the organiser or are not participating, it should be ok to handle, depending on your tendencies towards b2p, I get nervous at the end while watching lol. If you are hosting the party, I think you should have a games section and this can be one of the games. The best variation on the b2p game I find is the b2p in x breaths challenge, where you say that you need to pop it within x breaths. Some samples for you, for a 9/11 inch it'll take around 10-12 breaths if they are not taking exaggerated breaths. 12-13 inch might take upto 15. But that's just what I have experienced and it depends on person to person as well, like I can get a 9 incher maxed out at 5-6 breaths

Comment

• srob2
      • Dec 2017

I think it is fine, even for people who don't know about the balloon thing. I've been at several balloon-themed parties, both by non-looners and people I've suspected are looners but don't know for sure. There is nothing hotter for me than having a really sexy girl ask me to pop a balloon, and I've seen a lot of guys getting into this who weren't looners.

In many cases, the fun was ended by having a scared party guest that couldn't stand balloons popping. Be sure if you invite someone like that, they have somewhere to go if they are uncomfortable.

Guys might be scared to b2p a balloon, but very few guys will admit it. Usually they will participate in b2p contests with no questions asked, and it is no harder than sit to pop or pin pop games. Girls are usually shy and it is a little harder. The key is to get multiple people involved. Will your partner be there and do b2ps? If the 2 of you race, it won't be hard to get someone else to join. If 10 people are in the room and 5 get up to do a b2p race, the other 5 will be tempted to join, either that round or on the next. The key is to get enough of a critical mass involved that people are more likely to feel awkward sitting out than to feel awkward joining in.

b2p contests I've done at parties usually involve something else. First to do 20 push-ups, run around the garage, chug a 12-ounce beer or eat a cracker and then b2p a balloon. These are usually guy-oriented, but girls sometimes want to compete.

Another fun game is give everyone a balloon and the first to pop it anyway you want, or first to sit pop it, wins. These are great games aside from the balloon thing, if you blow your balloon really big, it will pop as soon as you sit on it, but it takes longer to blow up. If you tie a small balloon, either it won't pop or you have to bounce a lot. You can combine this with other games - blow a balloon and tie it, run across the yard, pop it, blow another balloon and tie it, run back and pop it. It will be easier to get people to join a b2p race if they did blowing games and popping games first.

It is always hardest to get someone to pop the first balloon. After that, they usually want to keep popping them. Can you give everyone a name tag, wine glass charm, seating assignment or something else? Put those in balloons and ask people to pop the balloon as they arrive. Everyone has to pop a balloon on arrival (unless they really don't want to) then it will be easy to get them to join in popping games later.

Comment

• UKPOPPER
        • Feb 2023

How about putting challenges or questions inside the balloons? They have to pop them (any way they want or by a method chosen by you each round) then answer the question or complete a forfeit to win points. They're in it for the points...you get to enjoy the creative and playful balloon popping (and so do they!) I agree with the point about phobics though... provide a quiet zone for them to chill. The number of parties where I sat frozen in fear as a kid...I still have vivid memories of curling up in a corner with my fingers in my ears. 😭🎈
        Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• LoudPop
          • Sep 2018

Divide into teams. One team gets a question (e.g. name 10 pasta dishes), the other team picks someone to BTP a balloon. On "Go" one team starts listing the answers, while the other starts blowing up the balloon, when the balloon pops, that round is over. You can keep score based on who won the round or number of questions answered at the end of all the rounds. Rotate BTP people so you get different experiences.

Comment

• nonpopper89
            • Apr 2023

Originally posted by srob2
            In many cases, the fun was ended by having a scared party guest that couldn't stand balloons popping. Be sure if you invite someone like that, they have somewhere to go if they are uncomfortable.
            Can't stress this enough as a phobic myself. I've been getting better with listening to pops and not making the fear too obvious externally, so I'm not going to have a meltdown or anything, but I'd be really stressed out the whole time. If the host wanted me to pop a balloon to get to a nametag right at the start of the party as suggested, it would put me on the spot since I can't bring myself to do that. If the whole party is full of balloons popping, I might end up leaving early, possibly without an explanation, since admitting you're afraid of something to a room full of people runs the risk of someone doing the thing you don't like even more, just for their own amusement at your expense.

Of course, I'd probably ask for some uninflated balloons before I go, heh.

Come to think of it, alternative games in another room for people who don't like popping balloons might be a good option, but that only really works if there's more than one of that type of guest. It would suck to be the only one there with that issue and have to go into quarantine while everyone else is partying.

Obviously not saying you have to go to those lengths, since you know what your friends are comfortable with and I don't, and you've always seemed considerate of others when you burst balloons in the stories you post. Just my (probably overthinking) two cents.

Comment

• Kitten
              • Jul 2023

Thanks for all the ideas. We'll probably mix it in with a bunch of party games. We'll just be doing the one game, so I guess anyone who doesn't like it can excuse themselves to the bathroom or something. I know most our friends will be okay, but there's a few I don't know as well.

The party is tomorrow, so we're gonna decorate later. I've already been told not to go too mad 😆

Comment

• Nopops4me
                • Jun 2015

If you want balloon interaction at your party, but don't want to say anything. Just leave a bowl (about the size of a punch bowl) in an obvious place, containing a few standard party size balloons at the bottom. Mix them with party poppers and streamers. Cover the top with an abundance of those screaming rocket balloons already fitted with the tubes in. There will certainly be one guest who can't resist starting by blowing up a rocket balloon and letting it screech around the room. That'll be the signal for others to join in. Before you know it, the bowl will be empty. Have replenishing supplies ready

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
                  • Dec 2023

Originally posted by Kitten
                  Thanks for all the ideas. We'll probably mix it in with a bunch of party games. We'll just be doing the one game, so I guess anyone who doesn't like it can excuse themselves to the bathroom or something. I know most our friends will be okay, but there's a few I don't know as well.

The party is tomorrow, so we're gonna decorate later. I've already been told not to go too mad 😆
                  Will we get a diary entry about the party, Kitten? Looking forward to that (probably not as much as you're looking forward to the party). Love your diary entries BTW!

Comment

• Kitten
                    • Jul 2023

Originally posted by BlowPlayPop

Will we get a diary entry about the party, Kitten? Looking forward to that (probably not as much as you're looking forward to the party). Love your diary entries BTW!
                    I'll be sure to tell everyone all about it. Everything is decorated, just got to wait a few hours now. We made two columns last night.

Comment

• Kitten
                      • Jul 2023

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                      If you want balloon interaction at your party, but don't want to say anything. Just leave a bowl (about the size of a punch bowl) in an obvious place, containing a few standard party size balloons at the bottom. Mix them with party poppers and streamers. Cover the top with an abundance of those screaming rocket balloons already fitted with the tubes in. There will certainly be one guest who can't resist starting by blowing up a rocket balloon and letting it screech around the room. That'll be the signal for others to join in. Before you know it, the bowl will be empty. Have replenishing supplies ready
                      We don't have anything like that, but we'll have a bowl of balloons. If nothing happens spontaneously, mistress said she'll mix it in with some party games she had in mind.

Comment

• srob2
                        • Dec 2017

I've only once seen a spontaneous b2p where it wasn't a preorganized game. There were uninflated balloons around that people were blowing them up and popping them and one girl blew hers really big and didn't pop it. People started looking and waiting for her to tie it, and she smiled and seemed to enjoy the attention and blew another big breath in. It didn't pop, so she got up, walked around a bit, and when people stopped paying attention she blew another big breath. This happened a number of times, and the balloon got a lot bigger than any of us thought it could and she still kept doing this until BANG. I don't even know if this counts as a real b2p since she wasn't trying to pop it, but it was inevitably going to pop.

Comment

• Gunnapop
                          • Oct 2020

....drink balloons. Want a cocktail....pop one and the note inside will be your choice. Don't like what you received...and you can back-out by blowing to pop one.

Comment

• Marck
                            • Jan 2022

If you are the organizer of the party, have everyone pick a balloon from a bowl at arrival. Make sure to have different colours (so they can choose something) or also different sizes, where same colours should be same size. (e.g. red is 12", blue is 14") Tell everyone that there will be a balloon game.
                            Once they have a balloon and know there will be a game, they will ask for it after a while. Then announce everyone with a red balloon to come forward and blow the balloon until it burst! Depending on the number of colours you distributed, you can have multiple rounds. Since people made a choice for the balloon, they are more likely to commit to the consequence, blowing it until it bursts.

This is not really a party game, but a game that can be played on a party. When you have a party with a lot of guests and only one bathroom, there often is a queue for the bathroom. Make sure that there is a bowl with balloons in the corridor next to the bathroom. Make a note on the door that people can go in front of the person in the line when they manage to blow a balloon until it bursts quickest with the person they challenge. Only the faint hearted might wet themselves.

Comment

• aron_crow
                              • May 2020

So.. what happened?

Comment

Working...