Where do they get C&A balloons like this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • owen
    • Jan 2024

Where do they get C&A balloons like this?

I've already seen many clips about blowing up C&A balloons, but I've never found any of them available for purchase. I assumed they were obtained in stores since it's common practice in Brazil to provide brand balloons to children until I watched the second clip in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZK0l37PPmo). That balloon appears to be an 18" or something similar. So, here's my question: where can I find these balloons?​
  • darcynader
    • Nov 2018

I think they were originally Q16s from before the "great shrink".

Since then, it's possible that someone has ordered a custom print run (possibly using a different balloon) for reasons of nostalgia.

Update: https://www.ebay.de/itm/296141781475

Comment

• Seasidelad
      • Sep 2018

They only gave them out in C & A in Germany and on certain dates I got some like the green one she tried to sit pop from swapping q24 loons. I used to love printed loons. They come up on eBay from time to time but the balloons are probably different ones now to back then

Comment

• grizzleylooner
        • Aug 2023

I've bought both types of C&A prints on ebay before, there's a few colours of each type. The green ones in the video I think are Q18 as the necks are a lot wider than a Q16 and they're still pretty tough when inflated to 18", I think I also had blue and red/pink ones. The grey ones go huge but aren't anywhere near as strong, I think they may be unique 16", and there were also red and white ones the same.
        As seasidelad says, I think they originally come from Germany. There seem to be a lot of balloon / inflatable suppliers and content makers in Germany, I'm guessing the fetish is more of a thing there than other countries, or at least people are more open about it.....

Comment

• Casey88
          lukmanrewa
          • Jun 2012

Yeah they were always distributed in C&A Germany back then; usually on children's day or opening of a new store. I've been lucky to have purchased 6 pcs of the metallic Q18s (2 pcs of each colour) through eBay and used 3 of them (1 of each colour). During my visit to Germany a few years back, I visited a few C&A stores in hope to get some of them however they were no longer available.

My goodness they get absolutely huge and tight, the only drawback on these Q18s are they are extremely difficult to tie a knot on compared to the usual Q16s.

I'm keeping the balance 3 pcs as a "memoir" for time being.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎