Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ballonknall
    • Apr 2013

Biggest b2p

I'd like to know what was your biggest balloon you did blow to pop? Did it make you more nervous than doing a smaller one?

My biggest b2p was a 30" balloon which remained quite soft till the end. The boom was not as loud as I expected and doing Q24 makes me way more nervous. Those I didn't manage to b2p on purpose so far. But I've had some accidentally pop (blown too big), which I count as a b2p. They are really impressive.
  • cgrocarlos
    • Oct 2011

Re: Biggest b2p

In my experience, by far the biggest and loudest balloon I've ever blown to pop was a punch ball balloon that was I think like 16 inches. I was trying to make the neck come out, which is really hard with punch balls, and before i knew it, BOOM! I think the extra thick rubber on the punch balloons causes them to be louder when they pop

I thought I could get the neck to inflate, so I wasn't nervous or expecting a pop even though the balloon was massive. Next time I blow up a punch ball that size I'm definitely going to be nervous about the pop though

Comment

• Vicci
      Blown to bits
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by cgrocarlos
      In my experience, by far the biggest and loudest balloon I've ever blown to pop was a punch ball balloon that was I think like 16 inches. I was trying to make the neck come out, which is really hard with punch balls, and before i knew it, BOOM! I think the extra thick rubber on the punch balloons causes them to be louder when they pop

I thought I could get the neck to inflate, so I wasn't nervous or expecting a pop even though the balloon was massive. Next time I blow up a punch ball that size I'm definitely going to be nervous about the pop though
      A tip I got from Sabine at topballon.de is you need to inflate just the neck 2 or 3 times first, then when you blow the punch ball up properly you can stretch it out... otherwise as you found out, they just pop.
      Vicci x

Comment

• Katielynn
        Expert Blower
        • May 2012

I think the biggest has been a 17", although I should say that bf and I mostly play with smaller 11s and 12s since they're more available. We use the bigger ones more as furniture, if you know what I mean.

Also, I'm not sure it really qualified as a btp. I was going to, and really wanted to...but for some reason as the neck started to fill out I got intimidated. I remember standing there, holding this gigantic thing by the nozzle, kinda swinging it back and forth trying to catch my breath (and stalling since I was scared). I could tell he wanted me to keep going. I asked if I could just sit on it instead, but he insisted I keep going. He pleaded with me and I agreed, "just one more". That phrase is now a running joke because as I lifted it back towards my lips and tugged the neck the damn thing exploded like a firecracker in my hand and scared the crap out of both of us. So, it didn't pop while I was blowing it, but I don't think it would have taken any more air. That counts, right?
        I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Black_Bear
          • May 2013

The science of the loudness of a balloon pop:
          This is inofrmation that I found out on another forum, and it is really interesting. He actually did the tests for the science of it.
          For the absolute loudest balloon pop possible it would be a Qualatex 24" that has never been stretched before, secured onto a helium tank, allowing the full balloon to expand until it explodes. Due to their shape and the way helium reacts to air, it would create the highest decible reading. But the sound waves are not the most damaging. They have a low frequency, which is less damging to your ears.
          Little balloons have very high frequency explosions. Not as loud as bigger balloons, but would actually cause more damage to your ears.
          The balloons that sound the loudest when they pop are any balloon between 14"-18". Their sound waves are right in the middle.
          All balloon pops due to being blown too big, are always potentially damaging to your ears, which basically means nothing.

Comment

• cgrocarlos
            • Oct 2011

Thanks for the tip Vicci! I've inflated the neck as much as 10 times before but it's still super hard to get a neck on one of those :/ I'll do it eventually

And nice scientific fact Black Bear. As a scientist myself, I always a enjoy some nerd talk, especially if its relating to balloons

Comment

• Nick.giles1
              Rubber Balloon
              • Jun 2013

I've had a 72" balloon b2p. It's wasn't my intent though. I had it hooked to a pump (is that cheating?) and it kinda got away from me. I was really disappointed when it popped. I think I paid $25 for the balloon and it was gone before I had a chance to do anything with it.

Comment

Working...