Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Mister Rogers episode where he inflates helium balloons

I absolutely love this clip! The scenes in the Make Believe land are fun too, poor Henrietta Pussycat crying when she accidentally lets hers fly away :-(

Those are definitely Pioneer/Qualatex lol. Then in 1982 he showed a clip of the Van Penn Balloon Company’s factory, based somewhere near where the show was filmed in PA. I think they are defunct now but I remember seeing a rerun when I was a kid, and of one where he couldn’t inflate the twisting balloons by mouth lol.
  • Whale Rider
    • Nov 2022

Re: Mister Rogers episode where he inflates helium balloons

Originally posted by Blueballoondude89
    https://youtu.be/fnNL1u2Pv2Q

I absolutely love this clip! The scenes in the Make Believe land are fun too, poor Henrietta Pussycat crying when she accidentally lets hers fly away :-(
    who is that?

Comment

• Tracy
      • May 2018

Fred Rogers was a writer and scholar who had a very popular children's television show in the USA for over 30 years. I watched it all the time as a child in the early 1970s.

There is a pretty good argument to be made that Fred Rogers was the most genuinely decent person to walk the earth in my lifetime. He was a hugely influential advocate for children's well being, a man of devout faith, and one of the most progressive people in terms of racial, gender and LGBT understanding and inclusion this country has ever produced.

Comment

• Whale Rider
        • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Tracy
        Fred Rogers was a writer and scholar who had a very popular children's television show in the USA for over 30 years. I watched it all the time as a child in the early 1970s.

There is a pretty good argument to be made that Fred Rogers was the most genuinely decent person to walk the earth in my lifetime. He was a hugely influential advocate for children's well being, a man of devout faith, and one of the most progressive people in terms of racial, gender and LGBT understanding and inclusion this country has ever produced.
        so he is the opposite of the average US american... sry that one was to good to pass... bad jokes should never be left to rot ^^

ok so he was some kind of early educational "youtuber" and had pretty cool points of view... thanks :-)

Comment

• WindyBalloon
          • Feb 2023

Balloons were tiny, though. Wish they were at least 14 inchers and blown big and tight, and they interacted with them more.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
            • Apr 2022

Originally posted by WindyBalloon
            Balloons were tiny, though. Wish they were at least 14 inchers and blown big and tight, and they interacted with them more.
            Yeah he inflated what’s clearly a 9 inch yellow. I do wish they were bigger!

There is an episode from 1968 where he has a large yellow Banana-esque looking one, even though it’s in black and white, he says it’s yellow. There’s several balloons in that episode actually! Should you want to purchase this episode, there’s an Amazon digital download link on this page. http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/m...005/index.html
            Last edited by Blueballoondude89; 04-03-2023, 14:19.

Comment

• hudi03xo
              • Jun 2023

There's one that came out after the assassination of RFK with a very innocent scene with Lady Aberlin blowing a balloon up for Daniel the tiger before he asks "what does assassination mean?" It's quite sad though.

Comment

Working...