Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loon119
    • Jun 2018

Arch at work

Had a really bad experience at work this week a guy had a balloon arch for his wedding and popped like every ten minutes or so and it was a massive struggle because I couldn't keep going to the toilet and staying there for ages
    Any ideas for coping with next week
  • Scooter
    • May 2022

Re: Arch at work

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the arch was indoors?

IDK what your job is, but if it's a desk job you might be able to bring headphones or at least earplugs without anyone questioning it too much. If asked, you can just say "The balloons popping were distracting you", which is close enough to the truth to not be suspicious, but also prevents word from spreading about you being afraid of balloons.

Comment

• Loon119
      • Jun 2018

Sorry I should explain a little detail.
      I work in a warehouse which manufactures doors and windows from aluminium. 95% of the time you can barely hear anything thanks to 3 massive saws roaring through metal in the next area we are just outside the earplug range. This week however we are slowing down due to Christmas and most people are doing a stock take hence silence and the warehouse echoes. This dude is getting married and the office staff surprised him with a massive balloon arch. Everything was going well then he decided he would start popping. I did my usual thing, panic shoot off to the toilet thinking it would be over soon. I heard plenty more pops and thought not long now I finally emerged from the loo and realised he still had three quarters of an arch left. Throughout the day on Wednesday and Thursday he popped two or three every fifteen minutes or so. I went to the toilet around another 5 times but management were looking a little annoyed. I used the dodgy takeaway excuse but didn't want to be sent home due to a virus that didn't exist so it was a massive struggle rest of the couple days trying to make doors whilst he popped away. Unfortunately I can't wear earplugs as I don't usually wear them and people would start asking why I can't explain about my phobia as big blokes "having a laugh" will do this every day if they know I'm frightened and management would laugh and not do anything. And I've got next week to get through as well.
      Now my phobia is strange. Put me in a normal balloon situation. Kids popping. Adults popping. Adults popping in a echoy warehouse I am extremely terrified. I cannot function I cannot eat I cannot focus my blood pressure will go through the roof. Get my wife on the other hand. She can stomp pop. Pin pop. Nail pop. Sit pop on top of me etc etc. I fine. I love her and her popping. She can do full arches,.small balloons, giant balloons. We are even gearing up to do a b2p together. I have absolutely zero issues with her popping and will happily sit there and watch with a massive hard on. Put me in every day popping and I'm like a terrified child

Comment

• Whale Rider
        • Nov 2022

maybe ask him if you can have a few of the balloons? that way its less of a threat...

Comment

Working...