Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Javirod
    • Aug 2022

Sittin on 18" without popping

I've bought some 18"s, and I want to sit on them bouncing but without bursting them. How do you do that, do you usually prestrech them? How much air do you put of them? I blow them by mouth just till before the neck gets expanding...

Also, is it better blowing them by mouth or by a pump? I mean, if saliva make balloons pop easier
  • SweetBouncer
    • Mar 2020

Re: Sittin on 18" without popping

Blow them a little under the rated size, 2 or 3 inches less, prestretch them a little, better with a pump, and lower your weight on them slowly. Also, take a little care with the distribution of weight, and of any weak spots, it may have.

To prestretch blow them with the pump slowly until they get a little hard. Knot, tape, or other thing and let them be some time, then deflate and repeat. Be careful though after some point they will get bigger without getting harder, and they will pop if you try to push them too much. While inflated, try to keep them away from light and water/humidity, and don't use anything that might generate ozone near them, it will break down the rubber like the peel of a tangerine.

Hope it helps.

Comment

• Whale Rider
      • Nov 2022

I also think prestretching is a good idea, I use mainly pump because I mostly if I use any loons at least 24" so I am lazy and I dont want those wetness stains inside. saliva is mostly water so should not be much of a problem. Dont forget clips if you want to deflate it after play...

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

The most important thing in my experience is the surface you put them on. Sitting on them on a soft surface, like a bed or a couch will make it far less likely to pop.

Underinflating will also help. An experienced non-popper on a different forum used to say 10-15% smaller than rated size was ideal, so 2-3" is a good bet.

I don't think it matters how you inflate it, unless you plan on deflating it when you're done and store it. In that case a pump is the way to go. Moisture isn't good for balloons in the long run.

Comment

• Loon119
          • Jun 2018

I usually put my balloon on an electric pump and take them.as near to rated size as I dare and clip them preferably for a full day in a darkish room. Then let them down sometimes fully and reinflate or let out a good portion of air so from 16" to maybe 13-14" they can usually take a hell of a lot of abuse. And the wife can put a lot of weight on them

Comment

Working...