Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Hi float or Non hi float?

I’m really happy they sell little bottles of Hi Float in stores now. I remember the first time I learned what it was, way back in like 1995. Michael’s Crafts store used to sell helium balloons up until like 2003 and I remember going to one in the summer of 1995 and they put too much into my yellow one and the clerk called it “Low Float.” Lol. I also remember when I got my Tonsils out in October 1993, my grandpa was supposed to bring me a bouquet and that was the first time the lady at the supermarket and the lady didn’t know how to use Hi Float so it took a little extra time. I just hate when it pops in the car and gets everywhere!

I also remember another night clerk at the store I used to work at, tried putting Hi float in a MYLAR balloon. (Facepalm).

I prefer solid colors rather than Jewel toned when it comes to Hi float. The jewel tones look all cloudy on the inside once they start to get smaller.
  • PBK
    • Mar 2019

Re: Hi float or Non hi float?

I use Hi Float religiously with my helium balloons. Helium costs too much to not maximize the float time of your balloons. I agree, jewel tones get kinda ugly with the Hi Float. Especially as they shrink. I still find Hi Float totally worth the extra cost. I buy this giant jugs of it in bulk.
    The size guide for Hi Float quantities that is included with the Hi Float is usually pretty accurate.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
      • Apr 2022

Re: Hi float or Non hi float?

Yeah I try to use just barely a full pump for 11 inch. And another thing I can’t stand is when the people at the supermarket put barely a little drop, and blow them up to full capacity. Then the next day they’re practically on the floor because there wasn’t enough inside to coat the entire balloon. I usually bring my Qtex balloons pre treated myself, because you never know if the people at Party city will blow them up to a full size or totally undersized with barely any hi float regardless. Once I brought in some Pearl assorted like 10 years ago and they were hardly floating because she put too much, and didn’t blow them up to a full size.

Comment

Working...