Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whale Rider
    • Nov 2022

Re: Your accidental pops

I had a 40ish loon inflated for quite some time, about half a year, used it regularly but celaned it afterewards. Always kept it inflated blew a few breaths from time to time. I played with it and I batted it towards the ceiling and it popped the moment it touched the ceiling. made me sad -.-

Comment

• Golden
      • Jun 2022

ooof one today, 24' tuftex Blue balloon, I was setting it up on a command hook guess I pressed it up against a sharp spot. Gave me scare lol...god my ear was rigning for a hot min. Super sad...then blew up another one.

Comment

• MarowMercury
        • Jul 2023

My most memorable unintentional pop was a Big Bear ballon from The Balloon Vault. Managed to inflate it properly, the size an the shape got me so horny I forgot about the fundamental rule of figure ballons: negative curves are the weakest spots. So I laid onto it, humped it a little and it popped right between the ears. It only popped there, funnily enough, the rest of the baloon was intact. Was dissapointed, but knew, that I only had myself to blame. ^^'

Comment

• Golden
          • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Blown2Bits
          And this is why you use ear plugs even when you do not intend to cause pops. Ear ringing is a 100% indication that some hearing damage was caused.
          yeah I pretty careful, I guess I was rougher then I thought.

Comment

• Chevyhellraiser
            • Jun 2019

I love heart balloons but they do pop fairly easily.

Comment

• Luirio
              • Mar 2015

I got many of them but the most recent one was a 24" red tuftex balloon (for some reason, red balloons seems more fragile than other colors...) I blew it to a 3/4 of its max size and as soon I pull the nozzle to tie it, it bursted into my hands in three pieces. I've found two next to me and the third one a few days later.

Another one that came in mind was a Decomex 18" Lavender. It was at the right size but had lots of inside tears in it. It bursted into 4 pieces.

Another accidental pop happened a few years ago with a yellow 24" tuftex balloon. I blew it, tie it, toss it across the room then bang, it popped then just a few seconds later, another balloon also popped. (That experience gave me the idea of a multi-balloon popping during streaming.)

Comment

• Golden
                • Jun 2022

One this morning. blew it up with an electric pump, it a little soft so I thought hey man lets put a few deep breaths in...then next thing I know bang my lovely 17' purple tuftex is in three wetish peices...I'm like son of bitch...

Comment

• Ladyloonerlover
                  • Mar 2014

I inflated a 36 in orange balloon with a pump and accidentally popped it. Did a few other pops by accident and also accidentally leaned on a beachball and popped it.

Comment

• Golden
                    • Jun 2022

I did three by mistake.

1. 24' Crystal magenta balloon randomly popped at 5:30am in the morning, woke me? sorta it was like who there...and looked around for a bit...then the floor and saw three chuncks!
                    2. One 24' Lavander balloon randomly popped...sad..
                    3. 17' magenta balloon checking to see how tight it was with my hand...bang..whoops to tight me thinks!

all Tuf-Tex...so the random pops really random sense I've used Tuf tex for a decade so this was a suprise, but then again over inflating does lead to this...

Comment

• OneTrickPony
                      • Feb 2024

I only had a balloon Popping on me twice, one I won't discuss it here for personal reasons, the other one was a simple "12 inch", balloons here doesn't specify the manufacturer, but they're usually good brands, I mainly use a professional brand since they're less likely to pop.

For the first time I was using a different brand that I bought for my birthday, I was testing them to see if they would work as a decoration, but when I inflated it, it seems like the balloon had this weird pear shape, and it was really tight and small for a 12"(In comparison with the brand I normally use), so I stopped there, halfway through what it could take, I would say it was a 9/10" at that point, I was holding it with my fingers, I batted it around the air and *POP*, it exploded out of nowhere.
                      Now that bag of balloons is banished to the back of my closet because it betrayed my trust in them.
                      I don't know if it was a failed one or they're just like that, but as a phobic I'm not trying again, also, I didn't like the pear shape they had.

It's not as big as other balloon stories here but it's something
                      ​​​
                      [ OTP ]
                      It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!

* You obtained x1 BALLOON 🎈 *

Comment

• Nopops4me
                        • Jun 2015

Balloon sizes.
                        Got a couple of packets of 11" balloons for decorations. I thought 11" would be about the right size for a normal size house. Had to try one out to see what the durability and what they're going to look like. Pumping away, the balloon started to neck to the shape decorators usually make them. This balloon looked small, so I measured (between chair backs) and it was only 9" across side to side . So I pumped another balloon up and same thing happened.
                        Looking at the packet, the size was written '11" high Max. Spotted the word HIGH, as these balloons are helium grade does that mean manufacturers are now making the measurement from neck to drip point rather than the original side to side
                        Don't want to buy 14" balloons in the hope of getting them to my 11" size only to find these do inflate to the usual 14" and be too big..
                        Anyone else found this recently?

Comment

Working...