Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Re: Rescued Balloons

Here is my latest rescue, a couple of balloon columns. The person advertising them said that if no one wanted them, they were going to burst them. The 'B' word drives me crazy and I've just got to save them.
    It was such a relief to get them home and have a ride on them
    Attached Files

Comment

• 7balloon
      One of the First Online
      • Dec 2018

If it's not too much, did you fuck all of them?

Comment

• PBK
        • Mar 2019

I just rescued a couple of bunches from McDonalds. The McDs around here are so generous about giving them away if I ask nicely. A manager even came out with a small stepladder to get the bunches I asked for down from the ceiling.

Comment

• 7balloon
          One of the First Online
          • Dec 2018

How do you guys find these? I've started doing searches but found nothing. Any help to score like you do would be appreciated

Comment

• Loonorm
            • Mar 2019

7balloon…Try Facebook Marketplace, it’s a great place to find balloons! Search for used balloon garland or used balloon arch. I have found many balloons that way. Also, try a local supermarket with a floral department. They usually have quite a few mylars that they just throw away. This past Valentines Day, a local Jewel Food store was GIVING away mylars on the day after. Take as many as you want, is what I was told. Still haven’t found the courage to ask a local automobile dealership.

Comment

• Danniballoon
              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Loonorm
              7balloon…Try Facebook Marketplace, it’s a great place to find balloons! Search for used balloon garland or used balloon arch. I have found many balloons that way. Also, try a local supermarket with a floral department. They usually have quite a few mylars that they just throw away. This past Valentines Day, a local Jewel Food store was GIVING away mylars on the day after. Take as many as you want, is what I was told. Still haven’t found the courage to ask a local automobile dealership.
              So far, I've had 22 balloon arches and 5 columns

I don't usually pop them though. I have a method of deflating all but the very tightest of tied balloons. I powder them with plain talc and put them in freezer bags for future fun.

Comment

• condensatelover
                • Jan 2022

Guys, stop arguing! Please.
                I think that a rescued balloon is a balloon that was rescued from a dangerous place (e.g. bushes or a tree)
                And a lucky balloon is the balloon which was given to you instead of popping.
                I have only one rescuing story. My friend found a balloon in bushes, which was nearly flat because the person who inflated it forgot to tie a knot on a balloon. Friend just gave me the balloon, and we went home. At home I decided to blow it up. It was a beautiful 14 inch clear balloon. Just a clear balloon. I decided to make somebody happy, so I started to stretch the balloon by blowing it up and deflating. I repeated this procedure for 6 times, so the balloon became really big in deflated condition. I took a hairdryer and dried it up. I had an old oxidized balloon on stick, so I popped the old balloon, took a pack of feathers for stuffing, blew up the rescued balloon with feathers inside, clipped it to a stick and gave out to a pretty girl. Of course I didn't make a knot, just tied it tight with a rubber band, so the pretty girl can re-inflate the balloon. I like to make people happy.

Comment

• sgballoonfetishist
                  • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Danniballoon
                  Here is my latest rescue, a couple of balloon columns. The person advertising them said that if no one wanted them, they were going to burst them. The 'B' word drives me crazy and I've just got to save them.
                  It was such a relief to get them home and have a ride on them
                  Nice~~ I love to ride on balloon columns and arches.. the satisfying feeling on them makes me wanna come.. xD

Comment

• Seasidelad
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by PBK
                    I just rescued a couple of bunches from McDonalds. The McDs around here are so generous about giving them away if I ask nicely. A manager even came out with a small stepladder to get the bunches I asked for down from the ceiling.
                    Takes me back to the 90s when the UK branches had decent sized balloons available and I used to collect them. Sometimes they would be blowing them up in the restaurant and I would ask if I could get some. If they had helium filled balloons I would reach up to grab them.

Comment

• MylarLover
                      Mylar Balloon Lover
                      • Apr 2023

I rescued some Mylar Balloons at a Party Week back in summer of 2005. I found them on the streets and one in a trash can, people looked at me strange for taking a Mylar balloon out from the trash. then in 2014 I saw some more Mylars on the street and I rescued them too. I like Mylar balloons and I wanna save them. I still have all these Mylar balloons to this day.

Comment

Working...