Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Re: Rescued Balloons

I've just had another ride on my latest rescued balloon arch. It is a professionally made one, with the balloons tied together tightly. Riding it was the most wonderful experience ever. The balloons stayed in place and didn't fly off all over the place like they do with those E-Bay kits with the plastic strip. I was able to put my entire weight on top of it and apart from one pop, it fully supported me riding that wondaful cushion of air
    I normally untie rescued arches once they start deflating and sleep with the soft deflated balloons against me. However, this one has been outside and half the balloons have sticky tree sap on them, so I may end up getting my favourite push pin and bursting it
    Attached Files

Comment

• Danniballoon
      • Mar 2018

My latest rescued balloon arch was only a few streets away. 2 young women had made it for a birthday and it was just a couple of days old when I got it. It had 6 of the larger 18" balloons that I really like. After a ride on it, I managed to untie and deflate all 85 balloons for future fun and last night, I slept with all the soft deflated balloons pressed against me.
      Attached Files

Comment

• lilolover82
        • Mar 2014

Rescuing can be seeing parties and knowing they’re going to either pop them or make leaks in the necks of the balloons and you go back to see if any are able to be saved, even if they slowly leak
        Washington State, United States

Comment

• lilolover82
          • Mar 2014

Please save as many of them as possible they’re precious
          Washington State, United States

Comment

The best experience that I had about rescuing balloons was incredible for me.
            I was in the backyard of my local church and some girls were blowing balloons for a party.
            A very cute one was inflating and deflating a pink balloon, I remember that she inflate and deflate it for 5 or 6 times, at one point the balloon flew away from her lips and went in the grass behind her.
            After a few Minutes all the girls went away and I just run to have that balloon, it was one of my best experiences ever, was incredibly wet with her saliva and juicy as hell.
            That night I played with that balloon a lot, and I cum 6 or 7 times.

Comment

• MichaelLoona
              • Apr 2020

I never had an interest rescuing balloons from a dealership or from anyone that advertises with balloons outdoors. They're usually somewhat weather beaten and oxidized and thats something I'm not into. I do remember when I was younger I would try to attempt to rescue helium balloons that are floating on the ceilings of department stores and such. Depending on how long the string or ribbon was and how high I can jump, sometimes I was successful and sometimes I wasn't. But I have to admit that I do remember that it was such a rush trying.

Comment

• Chevyhellraiser
                • Jun 2019

I went by a party place today and they usually have about 10 helium balloons tied independently on strings to the banister on a patio where birthday parties are. You can actually walk up to the banister from the parking lot without going inside. Having been there several times Parties usually last 2 hours. At the end of the party the hostess remove the balloons to indicate it is over. They always offer the balloons to anyone but if they don't want them they either her deflate the balloons one by one with a fork near the knot to keep it
                quiet, gather them all up and take them inside to a small closet where you can hear them popping them, or cut them loose one at at a time and let them float away. They are usually shaded a d slightly oxidized but in excellent condition. I have gotten so many balloons before just by asking and have seen many other people get them. Anyways I hung out today for these really pretty 16" alternating lavender and purple crystal balloons. The e hostess blonde early 20s was ripping off the picnic table covers and trashing them. I like to ask for the balloons right after I can tell what they are going to do with them. This time she grabbed a pen and forged the first crystal purple one into the banister with her left hand as she stabbed then pen into it loudly popping it. I quickly asked her if I could have the rest before she popped them. She told me they are not allowed to give them away and I had no choice but to watch her stab them, rip them and rip them off the banister and put them in the trash. There was a prety Burnette in the parking lot that arrived as before the last two we're popped and asked for them but she she was denied as well. It was exciting but sad at the same time. I love to rescue balloons. My wife who I never thought would like balloons will buy and blow up balloons for us all the time but hates it whenever I rescue any or ask for any so I don't have many chances to save them. I have recently rescued several arches off Facebook marketplace as well as offer up. Please keep the rescue stores coming they are my favorites

Comment

• Danniballoon
                  • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Chevyhellraiser
                  Please keep the rescue stores coming they are my favourites
                  Me too

I managed to rescue about 20 balloon arches earlier in the year, that were fairly local to me. I think they were a bit of a craze during lockdown, but there doesn't seem to be as many around now.
                  Anyway, the other day I saw a large plastic bag full of balloons that was advertised for free. I arranged to go and collect it later in the day. It got me all excited and my head started spinning and my heart started pounding in anticipation. I couldn't think of anything else all day. When I finally got to the house, a lady came out with this huge bag of balloons. They only just fitted in the back of my 4x4, with the seats down. She said that (in her words) she had busted loads of them and these were what was left. They weren't huge, 9-10 inch pearls, but looked fairly fresh and not oxidized. Once they were in the car and I was on my way home, I felt a huge sense of relief that they were saved.
                  When I got them home it felt so nice to ride one of the lovely tightly inflated balloons, whilst surrounded by the others. The fact that I'd rescued them from getting popped made the experience feel so exciting and intense. That night, I slept with about 8 of them which felt so good and in the morning I had another ride with them. Now they are scattered randomly about the house and are just so lovely to look at making me feel so glad I rescued them.
                  Another bonus of rescuing them, is the large plastic bag they came in... I also have a fetish for riding inflated plastic bags and this one is lovely soft sexy polythene and not that hard crinkly stuff
                  Attached Files

Comment

• BalloonBounce
                    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Danniballoon
                    I've just had another ride on my latest rescued balloon arch. It is a professionally made one, with the balloons tied together tightly. Riding it was the most wonderful experience ever. The balloons stayed in place and didn't fly off all over the place like they do with those E-Bay kits with the plastic strip. I was able to put my entire weight on top of it and apart from one pop, it fully supported me riding that wondaful cushion of air
                    I normally untie rescued arches once they start deflating and sleep with the soft deflated balloons against me. However, this one has been outside and half the balloons have sticky tree sap on them, so I may end up getting my favourite push pin and bursting it
                    Can ask how the professionals tie the balloons to make an arch that stays so tight when you lay on it? I have tried a few different arrangements but the column just spreads out flat. Any advice how its done, cos I'm liking the idea of a firm column of balloons to lay and bounce on. Thanks!

Comment

• BalloonBounce
                      • Mar 2019

IMG_6960.JPGI wouldn't say 'no' to rescuing this ....

Comment

• Danniballoon
                        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by BalloonBounce
                        Can ask how the professionals tie the balloons to make an arch that stays so tight when you lay on it? I have tried a few different arrangements but the column just spreads out flat. Any advice how its done, cos I'm liking the idea of a firm column of balloons to lay and bounce on. Thanks!
                        They use uninflated 260Q modelling balloons to tie them together. I'm not sure exactly how they use them, but I have a balloon arch that is just about deflated. I'll have a closer look at it, when I pull it apart. I'd like to know myself, as that plastic tape with the holes in, is useless.

Comment

• BalloonBounce
                          • Mar 2019

great, thanks - I'll look forward to seeing maybe a photo?
                          Well, a photo is worth a thousand words
                          Last edited by BalloonBounce; 05-11-2021, 23:28.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by BalloonBounce
                            great, thanks - I'll look forward to seeing maybe a photo?
                            Well, a photo is worth a thousand words
                            Its a bit difficult to see on the photos, but it appears that they tie clusters of 4 balloons together with the necks, then join each cluster together with an uninflated 260Q. In this arch, they also have clusters of 3, 5 inch balloons tied in the same way and with a 260Q, but they are attached to the side of the arch, joined to the 260Q's connecting the main clusters together.... if that makes any sense
                            When I used to make arches, I used nylon fishing line tying clusters of 2 to it and sliding them along it, to make swirling colour patterns. However, you don't want to be boinking those as the nylon line could cut you in an awkward place
                            Attached Files

Comment

• PBK
                              • Mar 2019

McDonald's up here in Canada is finishing their Monopoly promotion. Every restaurant usually decorates their location with printed balloons to help promote the event. I went to 4 different McDonalds' and asked nicely and got all the balloons from each one. I wound up with 100+ slightly deflated but very oxidized printed balloons!

Comment

• Seasidelad
                                • Sep 2018

Originally posted by PBK
                                McDonald's up here in Canada is finishing their Monopoly promotion. Every restaurant usually decorates their location with printed balloons to help promote the event. I went to 4 different McDonalds' and asked nicely and got all the balloons from each one. I wound up with 100+ slightly deflated but very oxidized printed balloons!
                                When McDonalds used to have decent sized balloons I used to regularly get some. I miss their balloons as I like printed balloons and went round different restaurants to get them. Nice to hear you got so many as some places don’t like to give away their balloons if it for promotional reasons even when they are finished with them.

Comment

Working...