Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Question about brand of 24 inch latex balloons

DB748311-6187-4610-B53A-1A6E1FA9F8BA.jpg On this 90s Nickelodeon show Clarissa Explains it All, in the first episode (from early 1991) she has 4 large balloons in her bedroom (with a HELIUM TANK!!). They look like they were molded on a paddle because of their shape. Like a 24-30 inch Amscan with a small neck. The dark blue looks like the old shade of Qualatex dark blue from that period. Green looks similar to Qualatex dark standard green. Red looked slightly jewel toned. I’ll try and find a screencap where you can see the blue one too. And their basic shape with the necks. Anyone familiar with this?
    Attached Files
  • Merl
    Hopper research dept.
    • Apr 2021

Q24 wasn't out until 1999 or so (I think), did Tuftex have one first?

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
      • Apr 2022

I feel like maybe they were an older form of Pioneer/BSA, when they had larger sizes or even different molds but I don’t know for sure.

Comment

• lucid
        • Sep 2016

They look like tuftex to me. I'm not sure if those were out back then. To me, there wasn't even such thing as looners back then, other than myself lol. I remember constantly wondering if I was the only one on the entire planet to find this type of thing sexy.

Comment

• darcynader
          • Nov 2018

Could they be U24? I seem to remember they used to be less spherical. Another possibility is Tilly.

Comment

• Nopops4me
            • Jun 2015

Lucid - before internet, we all thought we were the only person in the world with these feelings.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
              • Apr 2022

Lucid, they could’ve very well been TT but they just look like they were molded on a paddle, like how 12 inch Amscans look. (The ones that come in the black pack with colored dots.)

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
                • Apr 2022

20196BBA-0F04-40D5-95F5-E6F7A2599386.jpg D9F8A1C9-944F-434E-A9EC-572A2FE8422A.jpg E19D77FC-53A6-4302-9F91-A5B72EC1B4C1.jpg
                When she ties the green one down, notice the shape changes in the different screencaps. Best one I could get of the blue

Comment

• lucid
                  • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                  Lucid - before internet, we all thought we were the only person in the world with these feelings.
                  Yeah I'd say that was the case. That was a trip wasn't it? I remember wanting to know so bad if there was anybody else who had those types of feelings but also knowing there was absolutely no way of ever finding out. Good to know I'm not as crazy as I thought I may have been lol.

Comment

• lucid
                    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Blueballoondude89
                    Lucid, they could’ve very well been TT but they just look like they were molded on a paddle, like how 12 inch Amscans look. (The ones that come in the black pack with colored dots.)
                    Good observation. The color threw me off there for a second. Both the green and red look similar to tuftex. But you're right about the shape. I always assume the paddle balloons don't hold up as well but really haven't had much experience with them.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                      • May 2020

Kind of look like some of the 20" Tilly's that I got off eBay years ago.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
                        • Apr 2022

There was a shot of the orange balloon too, looked similar to Tuftex/Amscan standard orange. Maybe those brands did have 20 inch paddle molds back in 91. Who knows. I thought Tilly were more visibly fluted.

Comment

Working...