Do you miss soft and durable inflatables?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilolover82
    • Mar 2014

Re: Do you miss soft and durable inflatables?

Found a 1994 aqua leisure pool mattress I'm repairing but need to know what to use to fix the leaky valve. The other punctures are completely able to be patched.
    Washington State, United States

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Leaky valve? Easiest way to repair is to replace the valve if you can track down a bigger one to replace it with. Salvage one from a donor inflatable and keep plenty of the surrounding vinyl with it when you cut it out. Then you can cafeully cut away the original valve and glue the replacement down over the hole left from the original.

Comment

• tkvinyl
        • Feb 2014

I really miss the old soft vinyl beach balls and swim rings. The soft and stretchy vinyl was much better. The best thing about the old 80s and 90s inflatables, especially the beach balls, was the weak seams. I could get to bouncing and get a good pop every time. This made me have to be careful with them and then the excitement was in how rough I could get without blowing a seam on my favorite beach ball. Back then I only knew how to repair then with tape so once they blew it was pretty much a lost cause to have them hold air again. Those days were great!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎