Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Cleaning inflatable boats

I recently got a used PVC inflatable boat, but the vinyl is quite dirty. Does anyone know what the best way of cleaning them is, without degrading them or using anything that is halfull to the skin?
  • Whale Rider
    • Nov 2022

Re: Cleaning inflatable boats

Originally posted by Danniballoon
    I recently got a used PVC inflatable boat, but the vinyl is quite dirty. Does anyone know what the best way of cleaning them is, without degrading them or using anything that is halfull to the skin?
    hi danni what kind of dirt?

Comment

• TheMole
      • Nov 2019

409 spray cleaner works very well in my experience. I've cleaned up quite a few inflatables with it. Not too harsh as far as fumes or skin contact, just rinse well.

Comment

• Danniballoon
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by TheMole
        409 spray cleaner works very well in my experience. I've cleaned up quite a few inflatables with it. Not too harsh as far as fumes or skin contact, just rinse well.
        Doesn't seem to be availible in the UK, however on closer inspection, the boat isn't as bad as I first thought. Most of it it is just dirt and I've managed to get most of it off with soapy water and bleach. I've had stuff in the past which had black mould on it and that was always a problem. It looks like with this boat, they've dried it out before storing it. My biggest problem with it, is repairing all the punctures and turning something that was abused for years outdoors, in to something I can have some indoor boinky fun with

Comment

• Whale Rider
          • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Danniballoon
          Doesn't seem to be availible in the UK, however on closer inspection, the boat isn't as bad as I first thought. Most of it it is just dirt and I've managed to get most of it off with soapy water and bleach. I've had stuff in the past which had black mould on it and that was always a problem. It looks like with this boat, they've dried it out before storing it. My biggest problem with it, is repairing all the punctures and turning something that was abused for years outdoors, in to something I can have some indoor boinky fun with
          mechanical cleaning is your best bet to get some kind of idea of the actual damage I think. mould I would remove with water then a soft tissue and then if anything is left toothbrush and toothpaste. u need some hints for patching? I think not but asking does not cost much... :-)

boinky sounds like fun ^^

Comment

Working...