Custom inflatables - Hard to find a manufacturer for making a custom design.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Thud Joe
    • May 2017

Custom inflatables - Hard to find a manufacturer for making a custom design.

I want to get some lifesize PVC inflatable character bodies made similar to the lifesize spidermans. I've got my own design, but have written off to inflatableworld.de and to Hongyi in china who both seem to be recommended on here, but have had no replies. Has the custom inflatable product making also been effected by the COVID19 problems. Really want to get some new designs made with nice BIG legs to f@#k.
  • PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
    PVC Fetish
    • Jan 2013

Re: Custom inflatables - Hard to find a manufacturer for making a custom design.

Well, BigThudJoe, there is, as you say, Hongyi and IW, but custom-made inflatables in low quantities have quite a price tag. Everyone's mileage may vary, though, and you may well decide that getting an unique custom item is worth the asking price (just make sure that the inflatable lasts a long time by not being 'too rough' with it; you are not a 'popper', are you? ).

I have approached Hongyi a number of times, requesting various custom inflatable designs:
    -inflatable bondage bags made from glass clear PVC;
    -inflatable 'Bubble Beds' made from glass clear blue PVC (these beds used to be offered with the 1990s-style 'Bubble Furniture' range; sadly, I never got round to buying one when they were still being sold by US-based vendors in the early 2000s);
    -those inflatable multi-chambered Giga Balls/Cupid's Love Pods.

Hongyi have said 'Yes' to all of these custom designs. However, each time I have decided not to proceed, as I have been put off by the quoted price. There's valid economic reasons why custom inflatables are rather pricey to design and make; it is not a case of the inflatable manufacturers/factories trying to 'rip us off'. Maybe one day I'll 'bite the bullet' and pay the price. I'll just make extra sure that the inflatable lasts me for years so that I get my money's worth!

edit: literally last week I enquired with Hongyi about a custom design, and they seemed very keen on taking on my desired custom inflatable. So, it does not appear that covid is having any set-backs on the manufacturers at present. It is just that I am always put off by the quoted price and decide to bail out or put my custom inflatable project 'on ice' until a time comes when I feel in the right mood for 'biting the bullet' and paying the quoted price.

PS: you might have better luck getting through to Hongyi by first setting up an Alibaba account, which is what I have done. I contacted Hongyi via Alibaba.
    Last edited by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast; 05-10-2021, 05:09.
    Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Re: Custom inflatables - Hard to find a manufacturer for making a custom design.

IW if they dont decide to run with a project usually can put you on to their manufacturers who sometimes will work directly with a designer. Inflatables aren't IW's main buisness though so sometimes there might be a delay in them replying back of afew weeks or so. On the whole though they're very courteous and will get back to you at some point.

Comment

• Guy360
        • Jan 2018

I have had hongyi do 3 different semi customs made for me over the years. Yes they are pricey. The last one I wish was bigger.
        Attached Files

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
          • Nov 2016

Yeah, Hongyi was pretty quick to reply when I contacted them via an Alibaba account I made. You do need to keep an eye on your spam folder as I recall -- I was notified on Alibaba that I'd received a response, but didn't see it in my email until I looked in my spam folder.

I was put off by their price as well but finally bit the bullet and bought a couple of the toys they advertised on their Alibaba page. They are definitely custom toy quality like you'd get from someone like puffypaws, much better build quality than anything you get from inflatableworld.de. They're definitely worth the price if you have the disposable income for them.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
            • May 2017

Thanks guys for clarifying, yeah, the prices are somewhat nasty; I know, but I was expecting that. But that was it. I've received no replies at all. I contacted both places via direct email, but will check out making an alibaba account, or trying to recover my old account back.

I basically want them to reverse engineer an inflatable spiderman design, but using translucent blue and red rather then the opaque colours, and most probably size it up 20% larger then the 72" original. I guess this would make it about 84 inch, always fantasised about getting off on a larger then lifesize inflatable buddy, but with translucent PVC as it's much softer then opaque. I was going to see if I could get a few dozen made or at least enquire about different price-variables for large quantities to cut down on the per unit pricing. The main thing was wanting to get the legs about 30 to 35% longer / larger. Seeing this would have been somewhat difficult to configure for one part of the body (as it would have made the rest of the body out of kilt) I would have just ask them to size every individual piece of the inflatable up by about 25% in all dimentions.

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
              • Nov 2016

That sounds like a great idea! I don't know if they have an artist you can work with or if you have to approach them with what you want it to look like. I've done a couple of custom toys through other vendors (the PP fox and the iw.de fox ride ons were projects I got rolling,) but I bought one of Hongyi's pre-made toys, so I didn't go through the whole process. I hired Rawr for both foxes, but haven't had a chance to speak with him about anything lately. We tried to get a couple of other projects going but those kind of petered out. I still have the artwork for them, if I ever want to try to get one rolling again.

I got the feeling that the person at Hongyi that I spoke with was not super-comfortable with English, so try to keep your writing level fairly simple when communicating with them.

The vinyl they used for the pre-made toys I got is super soft -- softer than any other toy I've ever felt. It almost feels more like thick latex than vinyl. It also has very little smell at all. I had to decided if I was OK with that or not, decided I am. It's also pretty sturdy. No matter how careful I am with the iw.de huskies, they always start leaking within a couple of months. I was concerned I'd be getting that sort of quality from Hongyi, but it's a really well thought-out toy, and quite pretty. They had it on my doorstep in just a few days as well -- I sprang for the expedited air shipping. Having waited for about a year on my other projects, I was very happy about that.

If I ever get a hankerin' to do another project, I'd definitely go through them. I feel like the industry's in a pretty good place at the moment, though.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                • May 2017

Ethyl, thanks for the heads up, will definitely consider. First I have a few leaky spidermans that I don't know what to do with, so I always wondered if these could be sent to them to be used as templates. I'm suspecting they would separate all the pieces anyway for measuring, and then in my case just increase all dimensions by 25%.

My only concern is that though I'm not a popper, I mainly want these things to take to bed, and when sexually active, grind the inflatable legs up against my naked private parts. I think what I'm getting at here is the seams, these life size blowups are usually made for store and promotion displays, not for any actual play (sexual or not). thus the constant grinding would eventually wear down the seams and create leaks. I would thus be asking for the inflatables to be made from reverse seams. Though I've never had problems with sharp seams cutting into my skin, I inflate these lifesize characters pretty firm, so the legs are nice and stiff, which for me is the biggest turn on. So between the high air pressure inside and my grinding, verses to what they are normally used for, one can understand that any light sexual activity with these things can be viewed as abuse (of the most gentle kind) and is enough to easily spring a leak.
                Last edited by Big Thud Joe; 07-10-2021, 10:42.

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
                  • Nov 2016

Same here! If you talk to them, get the double-welded seams and multi-chamber, should get you where you're looking to be. Having multiple chambers really improves the structural integrity of the toy.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                    • May 2017

Thanks. not really sure about the multi chamber aspect, as I've had a few inflates with such a configuration, and it just turns me off. Just the way the inflatable feels when playing with it, the separate chambers make it feel.... I don't know..... just not natural. Plus the more chambers, the more valves.

At present, both my lifesize batmans and spidermans have the valve plug right in the middle of the back, which is rather off putting when having a gay fantasy hug. The valve scratches right into my arm if I come around the wrong way.

When I get my custom design made, I'm wanting to get the valve at the back of the neck. thus the entire head, torso (back and front), arms, and legs are valve free, where one can go hell for leather. Placement of the valve has been a bit of a head scratcher as it spoils whatever part of the body it is placed. The bottom of the feet was a possibility, but even that when aroused a certain way, I can shove the feet right up my naked crutch, and thus not wanting a valve to dig right in and spoil the moment, making this option a no goer.

But yes, the double welded reverse seams will be a BIG plus.

Comment

• Zentron
                      • Oct 2019

You can always try BeiLe ; they make really good inflatables too

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                        • May 2017

Recovered my old Alibaba account, done a search under suppliers, and they seem to be three Hongyi's. This was the first one in the list, Would appreciate if someone could verify if this one is the genuine factory?

This particular black inflatable looked interesting.

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
                          • Nov 2016

Yeah, that's them. That black inflatable is a bit too big for my taste, but I bet it's pretty sturdy. I'd guess it probably has more chambers than you like, though.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                            • May 2017

Yeah, it looks like too many chambers for my liking, but it just looked interesting when it popped up (parden the punn). . But yeah, thanks. I'll have to dig out some of my old leaky spidermans, and look into sending them as templates, and look into some quotes for pricing. Am a bit cashed up from COVID19 stimulous payouts, so if I can get a few dozen for a reasonable price, may give it a shot.

Comment

Hongyi has an awesome sale now to Nov 15th. Free shipping and much better prices. Their stuff is high quality. Very durable and can take serious bouncing by 2 adults. If you want something, now is the time! Even custom stuff gets free shipping and a lower price

Comment

Working...