Anyone in to inflatable boats?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

I'm a bit wary of using that. I put some in a beach ball and it burst when I tried to ride it. It went really easily, without putting much weight on it.

Comment

• MegaInflator
      • Oct 2019

I've heard same; that it can easily weaken seams and cause problems

HOWEVER boats tend to have *much* sturdier seams than most balls (I intend to test this out on an airbed which is quite possibly even more resilient) so given care this should work ....
      Last edited by MegaInflator; 20-01-2024, 15:03.

Comment

• TowableStretch
        • Jun 2017

The only major problem I had was with an Intex air mattress that I had softened. It was very soft and stretchy but I once landed too hard on it and it blew baffles😅

Comment

• MegaInflator
          • Oct 2019

Originally posted by TowableStretch
          The only major problem I had was with an Intex air mattress that I had softened. It was very soft and stretchy but I once landed too hard on it and it blew baffles😅
          That would be a feature for me not a bug.
          Was it one of their Dura-Beam ones btw ?

Comment

• TowableStretch
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by MegaInflator

That would be a feature for me not a bug.
            Was it one of their Dura-Beam ones btw ?
            Yes it was😅

Comment

• MegaInflator
              • Oct 2019

Originally posted by TowableStretch
              Yes it was😅
              I was afraid of that. I saw a promotional image for that Dura-Beam system and instantly thought "that's not going to like softening/stretching"

Now, I don't mind blowing baffles, it's just they tend to fail from the middle out rather than from the sides in.
              Imagine if you will a double airbed with the outer pair of beams on both sides failed. Instant pontoons!

Comment

• TowableStretch
                • Jun 2017

Originally posted by MegaInflator

I was afraid of that. I saw a promotional image for that Dura-Beam system and instantly thought "that's not going to like softening/stretching"

Now, I don't mind blowing baffles, it's just they tend to fail from the middle out rather than from the sides in.
                Imagine if you will a double airbed with the outer pair of beams on both sides failed. Instant pontoons!
                That idea sounds heavenly. Laying in between those pontoons, out in the sun😶

Comment

• TowableStretch
                  • Jun 2017

New season ahead means new boats as well😎

both reasonably soft, pretty standard thickness. And of course I-beam floors which is really thick on the left boat, I was really surprised! IMG_1968.jpg

Comment

• Danniballoon
                    • Mar 2018

This is one of my favourites. It is the older version of the Kondor 2000 and someone had pretty much destroyed it. It had more holes than a dartboard, but I managed to repair it. The inner chamber was slashed all the way round, so I cut that away all together. Took a while to do, but it holds air perfectly now.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• TowableStretch
                      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Danniballoon
                      This is one of my favourites. It is the older version of the Kondor 2000 and someone had pretty much destroyed it. It had more holes than a dartboard, but I managed to repair it. The inner chamber was slashed all the way round, so I cut that away all together. Took a while to do, but it holds air perfectly now.
                      I think I had one of these when I was young😋

Comment

• TowableStretch
                        • Jun 2017

First pic is how it was sent to me, second pic is after I inflated it in the sun IMG_3069.jpg IMG_3070.jpg

Comment

Working...