X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankfrank
    Empathetic Harmonizer
    • Feb 2018

Re: swim rings

Yeah, that bop bag would be nice, too...
    People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• heaviest
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by frankfrank
      (Heaviest, I think this may hold two or three big people poolside...I mean, wow, this is hawt! And the leg/foot was pretty hard to pop, too.)

Interesting that one might be able to get as many as six pops/failures on this thing...the torso (if that fails first), head, both arms, both legs...hard to tell the scale of this which is not readily known and, therefore, the size of the doll.

The head becomes almost triple-long before it busts.
      Compared to the size of the Intex white and translucent blue lounger, which I've been on, which is about 6 feet, the alien is probably about 5 feet. Looks also to be a single air chamber. The feet pop with trapped air.

I'd want to see if the head would expand with people sitting on the body, but two big people wouldn't fit on the body. The tube end of a slim mat like the Intex economat or transparent mat is 56 inches, which hold me and my partner with room to spare, but me and New Girl fill it, and me and Spry Girl hang over. I have to lean into her to get all my weight on the mattress.

They actually ran the back tire over that lounger but cut it from that video. Here it is in another video:

Note that the front tires come off the ground as they pop the thing under the shovel.

That lounger was sturdy enough that I didn't find it interesting. I still have it in case I want to load it up with more people, but I haven't touched it in ages.

Videos like this and videos of overinflation by compressor lead me to believe that seams fail over time but can survive quick extreme loads better than the vinyl. I can load an inflatable up with what seems to me a lot of weight, but not enough to make the vinyl stretch and explode, and it almost always pops on a seam after some time. But load it up with a lot more weight, or overinflate it ridiculously, and it's not the seams that burst. I've also noticed that if I overinflate by mouth, a lot less than by compressor, and then put the thing in a closet, it will develop a leak after days or weeks. And bouncing on a beach ball usually bursts a panel instead of a seam.

Comment

• heaviest
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Big Thud Joe
        Oh, hell, I just thought of something when typing this, the gay pride colours could be a disc in the middle with both sides transparent, I won't know until I blow one up.
        I received mine today. It's just a pretty ordinary ring with the colors printed on the inside of the bottom half. The backside is red. The photo on Amazon appears to have two chambers but that's not what it is. And the photo on the box in your picture also looks like an ordinary tube. There's nothing special about the inside seam, either, though the photo on Amazon has it labeled "smooth seam".

It's just under 41 inches inflated. I've been on it but the inside seam of even the large rings tend to burst on me. Was hoping for a sturdier flat welded seam, which would fit the "smooth seam" description, I think.

Ordinary 47-ish inch tubes hold 600 pounds in the pool no problem, so it'll get used. I already have some 47-ish inch non-transparent tubes, though. Kinda disappointed that this one isn't out of the ordinary.

Mine doesn't seem to have any branding on it or the box. Unusually brief warning label, all in English. Fairly thick vinyl, not particularly stretchy.

Comment

• frankfrank
          Empathetic Harmonizer
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by heaviest
          CI'd want to see if the head would expand with people sitting on the body, but two big people wouldn't fit on the body. ..
          Note that the front tires come off the ground as they pop the thing under the shovel.
          Ahhh-kay, SURELY SO! So just because of the width of heavy people not allowing two side-by-side AND being entirely on the doll, perhaps having the doll on the floor between a set of parallel bars in a gym, and two of you STAND ON IT while stabilizing yourselves with the parallel bars, and would the head still crazy-expand and nothing pops?

Oh, just thinking about it.

And, heaviest, right here and now gotta say that I like your way-with-words, it's fun to so imagine (say) those internal ribs in some of the pillows popping while the pillow just bulges more and gets rock hard. The way you describe it, I can fully imagine it.

Thank you for directing me where it showed the BACK wheel running over that lounger. I wonder how many PSI would have registered during that split second when the wheels actually lifted off the ground, with the lounger being smushed by the blads. Without a doubt that's way extreme.

Keep sharing with us, man.
          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• heaviest
            • Jun 2018

It was a very warm day. A visit to some friends' apartment, people were on the lawn. Social distancing as couples. I had two Mimosa shiny purple swim rings, so we sat on those. These are 48 inches inflated. Big, sturdy suckers. Thick vinyl. Still a shock to people that someone my size would sit on them. The inner seam, though, is nothing special. These things are sturdy enough that I don't find them interesting, so I've never found out if they'll hold me for a long time. Time to find out!

I sat to one side, on the tube, but because the vinyl is so sturdy, the other side bulges just a bit. We didn't plan to both stay on it, because it's actually hard to balance, and I assumed it wouldn't hold for long, but to demonstrate that the tube will hold the other couple easily, my partner got on it with me, on the other side, facing the other direction.

The other couple is about 230 pounds and 250 pounds. We are 590 and 440. The most comfortable position they found was to both sit on one side of it, with their feet outstretched on the grass. Freaked out that it didn't pop, and shocked that ours didn't, but they got over it. They seemed to be comfy. Occasionally leaned back on their hands on the tube.

My partner and I fidgeted until we established that the best position for conversation was to face the same direction, leaning on each other for balance, her a little forward of me so she could lean on my belly. It was bouncy but we got stable. I'm heavier than she is, so she rode higher than me and leaned into me, which exaggerated our weight difference. With her on the other side, though, I didn't bottom out until after we'd been on it a long while, and then only when I lifted weight off my legs and focused it on my butt. There wasn't room for all of our legs, so we were each balancing with a foot on the grass, so we didn't quite have all our weight on it.

Kindof exhilarating being pretty sure it wouldn't hold. If I'd known we'd both stay on it I might not have inflated it as fully as I did. But it held! We were on it for more than an hour. It stretched quite a bit, and we could feel that it had gone soft even before we got up, but reinflating it at home we've verified that it is not leaking.

When the other couple got up they were concerned that the tube had leaked. It was way more puckered on the side they were sitting on, but compared to ours it was barely stretched. I showed them how much worse off ours was and explained that they were just stretched and would recover. We deflated them by sitting on them, of course.

When we got home a 36 incher needed popping. We both put a hip on it, and as we've discovered many times before, a 36 incher won't hold us both. Loaded it slowly, though, and got quite a lot of weight on it before it popped.
            Last edited by heaviest; 09-04-2020, 02:42.

Comment

• heaviest
              • Jun 2018

Just about three weeks ago I finally got Spry Girl, the one who weighs 677 pounds, in a swimming pool. The only inflatables available were 36 inch rings, so there was no floating. Well...almost. There was some balancing.

I'm very bottom heavy for a guy, but my center of mass is still around my waist. And I'm tall. So in the shallow end of the pool I can balance on a swim ring by shoving it under my belly and leaning on it. It folds in half until I'm over top of it, which is exciting, but I can get over it and balance on it, even while it sinks completely.

Spry Girl, though, is a little bit short, and her center of mass is at her hips. When she tries to get on a swim ring, she kinda hugs it and tries to pull herself onto it, but it shoots up in front of her. Gets all distorted and twisted, which is awesome to see, but she can't get on it this way.

But she found that if she stood on the stairs and pushed it under her belly, and then stepped down, leaning forward, she could trap it there. She has to get her hips over it to balance on it.

It takes about 350 pounds to sink a 36 inch ring, and she weighs almost twice that! It's also about 32 inches inflated, and she's at least that wide at the hips, so the thing pretty much disappears under her when she's balanced on it. Her bikini bottom is as big as the damned ring!

It shot out from her side, or her front, many times. I had it very fully inflated, but it still distorted wildly as it slipped out from under her. Dropped onto it several times. Awesome to watch but it always shot out from under her. Taking it slow she figured out how to balance on it, at least briefly. I could extend the time she was on it by holding her. She's very buoyant, and can easily float on her back, and can almost float on her front, so floating on the ring doesn't look a lot different than floating with nothing under her LOL. But she does ride a lot higher with a ring under her. But you almost can't see it.

The rings both survived us floating on them, sinking them repeatedly, folding them in half, distorting them to hell sliding off of them. Lots of deep, skin-over-vinyl boomy noises, but no pops. The rings stretched and I added air and we kept abusing them. When we were about done, I overinflated a ring and we got her on it again. Couldn't really tell the difference. I got on it and it was harder but didn't really support me any better, and didn't keep it from folding in half. Overinflated it even more, got her on it, pushed down on her until even her butt was under water. The ring didn't pop. They don't normally pop in the pool, but this is by far the most I've abused a ring in the pool.

I got on it and intentionally folded it in half. Still didn't pop. Put a leg into it and loaded it sideways, sinking it and stretching the thing oblong. Still didn't pop. Decided this ring deserved to survive. Pulled it out of the water and it was distorted and bulging unevenly, and still hard.

For some reason this pool allows swim rings but not air mattresses. I still need to get her on an air mattress.
              Last edited by heaviest; 09-04-2020, 04:22.

Comment

• frankfrank
                Empathetic Harmonizer
                • Feb 2018

Reading this while sitting on a punchball, nude, humping the hell out of it! And imagining your "unpoppable" swim rings in my mind's eye. Wow, that's hot!

Comment

• heaviest
                  • Jun 2018

I've seen those 36 inch Intex rings with the clear top take a lot of weight for a good amount of time. Those are the ones 677 pound Spry Girl did not pop in the pool. But 205 pound girl just killed two of them on the floor. First one developed a leak almost right away. The leak was so slow it was hard to find, but she could feel a cool breeze on her legs.

The second one was much more fun. It survived getting stretched enough that she bottomed out. Rotated it a few times to stretch it evenly, then added air. Way more than usual. Got on in again and stretched it so she was bottoming out again. Added way more air than usual again and got back on it. She said it now felt like it was going to pop. She was on it for a good while without bottoming out. Said it was still hard. Had to go about her business so I told her to let some air out before letting it sit, because even without weight on it an overinflated tube will develop a leak.

Before setting it aside, though, she leaned it on a chair and sat on the chair, on the tube. Bounced a bit. Put it on the chair, leaning against the back of the chair. Sat on it again and bounced some more. Put it with the hole around the back of the chair and sat on it again. Bounced. Just a couple minutes, not enough to bottom it out.

Time on the ring so far about a half hour.

Came back to it later and it had recovered and was feeling normally inflated, so she got on it and stayed in one position until she bottomed out. She was going to keep inflating and focusing on the same side of the ring, but decided to rotate it a few times and stretch it evenly. Got it really soft and was having a hard time not bottoming out. Was just about to add air when it developed a leak. Very slow leak again.

That took another half hour on the ring.

No pops, but two dead rings. These were the old style colorful leaf print ones. They seem thicker and not as stretchy as the ones I got last year.
                  Last edited by heaviest; 11-04-2020, 03:48.

Comment

• heaviest
                    • Jun 2018

If the outer seam of a ring is puckered, then it needs more air or more weight. Just sayin'.

Comment

• heaviest
                      • Jun 2018

The 36 inchers this year [ETA 2019] feel thinner and stretchier than last year. They're a little bit balloon-like. You have to keep adding air, and they keep stretching until they pop.

These are on the shelves locally again this year. I bought a couple. I weighed the old style and the new, 219g and 212g. There is only a 2% difference in weight of the vinyl. But the new ones definitely stretch faster and have more permanent stretch.

205 pound girl was on one of the new ones for more than an hour. Turned it fairly often to stretch it evenly, and added air five times. It didn't pop, but it did develop a slow leak. Under her legs this time and not on the unloaded side. Didn't really increase in rate, so she bounced on it, and it didn't pop. Put her finger over the hole and butt dropped onto it. Didn't pop. Overinflated it and dropped wholly onto it, repeatedly. Opened the hole larger but didn't pop it. A disappointing end, but that was sure fun to see. Even 205 pounds seems heavy sitting on these things, but dropping on them? Hubba.

We may have to do butt drops on an undamaged one and see what happens.

Comment

• frankfrank
                        Empathetic Harmonizer
                        • Feb 2018

Just ordered six o'them.

Comment

• heaviest
                          • Jun 2018

Hope you like them. They are only $4 locally. More than I paid when I cleaned out their stock last year, but still less than ordering them online.

Comment

• heaviest
                            • Jun 2018

285 pound girl is now 303 pounds. Too much for a 36 inch ring, but I got her to sit on one, anyway. This is a ring 205 pound girl had been on and stretched evenly, but she wasn't on it a long time and we hadn't added air. 303 pound girl sat to one side to load it unevenly and pretty much sank right to the floor. Within about a minute she couldn't find a way to float without bottoming out, so we added a little air. Got her to float again, but she bottomed out again very quickly.

Unfortunately, she wasn't into it so I had her on the ring just a few minutes. Wasn't really expecting it to last even that long, though. No pops, no leaks.

I've been meaning to reinforce some inner seams using vinyl cement. If I was confident it would work I would have done it already. I saved a couple of the ones with very slow leaks and we'll see if they can be patched.

ETA she was on this ring again. Sank right to the floor, rotated it, flattened the other side. Added just a little air and got back on it, and it developed a slow leak that got faster, but no pop. Lots of non-pops recently. And 300 pounds is just too much to load unevenly on these things.
                            Last edited by heaviest; 25-04-2020, 07:58.

Comment

• frankfrank
                              Empathetic Harmonizer
                              • Feb 2018

I've used "Shoe Goo" and put it liberally and carefully around all visible seams on stuff. It can take a while...like 15 minutes on a bop bag...but it sure works.

Don't know how it would hold up to "extremes" - I'm not heavy enough to test that, really.

I'm "south of 180" for the first time in a couple years, usually I'm around 190 but I'm using this siege as an excuse to kinda diet...certainly DO notice a difference in "safely" humping, say, a Q16 balloon (not fully inflated) with all my weight.

Comment

• heaviest
                                • Jun 2018

Was hooping to have an inflatable to sit on outside the pool and thought the jellyfish was the one. Looking for something people wouldn't expect to hold a lot of weight but does hold a lot of weight. Something smaller than an island inflatable but sturdier than a normal ring with its one fragile inner seam.
                                A candidate for this is the Pool Central 49 inch (inflated size) lemon slice float. It's got nine radial segments separated by support veins, and a small, inner, circular section. One chamber. It's a single person float rated at 176 pounds, and indeed it's probably not big enough to fit two people in the pool, but outside the pool it fits (and holds) me and my partner just fine. Me and spry girl will overhang but I think we'll be able to both sit on it.

I have both the larger Swimline (I think) and Intex watermelon island floats, made for two people. The Swimline is my go-to multi-person popping platform, and it's survived three very heavy people on it on the lawn, and we've gotten four on it indoors (but that burst a seam about an inch). Crazy amounts of weight.

I think the smaller Pool Central float will be perfect for two people. Small enough that people will think it crazy that two fat people sit on it, but sturdy enough to take the weight. It's fun to sit on with two people. You really feel each others' weight, but the radial veins keep all the air from going under the lighter person, like a swim ring does. No single seam taking all the weight, like a swim ring. And those veins pull deliciously tight and the segments bulge beautifully under a lot of weight. We've also both been on the same side of it, which means we could and definitely will get a third person on here with us.
                                Last edited by heaviest; 22-04-2020, 20:25.

Comment

Working...