X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benjy
    • Mar 2018

Quality of (non-SPH) SHOSU beachballs?

Hi

I keep seeing the red/white "47 beachballs from Shosu crop up in vids. They're pretty pricey but I'm quite tempted by one. I was wondering if anyone could advise on;

Durability
    thickness/feel of material
    quality of seams
    Time to inflate/deflate
    Exposed/rough edges on seams
    quality on unpacking (might sound daft, but I bought some items from beachballsworld.com that had damage either from transit or being packed)

I should hasten to point out the idea is to use it as an 'everyday', non-kinky, non-SPH toy (so actually as a pool/outdoor toy rather than fetish related, I mean). I know Shosu have a market in producing inflatables for rough play and sex use, so I'd guess they're pretty heavy-gauge vinyl and decent seam welds to take a bit of weight and abuse... Accidents happen of course, especially outdoors, but I don't want a toy that splits open on inflation or if someone so much as leans on it. Does anyone have any experience of them, or ordering off them, before I splash out on one please?

Ta!
  • hblooner
    • Dec 2023

I've ordered from shosu twice so far. None were beachballs though. First order was their gl1200 type ride roll (with sph) and their inflatable pleasure hole. Second time was their gl500 looking ride roll, the cheaper one with cheaper PVC and another pleasure hole. If you live in America it takes usually about 2 weeks and shipping is a bit pricey, but nothing uncommon for international shipping. I was satisfied with my purchases, except for the first pleasure which had a leak day one. Fixed it and leaked again. My second one 1000x better. I'd say they are heavy duty and they can be stretched quite a bit. They are pretty resistant to so I imagine the beachballs are the same. I recommend them. But what stops you from getting the Intex beachballs? Those from my experience are nice quality and I've only ever used them as pool toys as well (I'm not really a beachball guy.)

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

They do pop though even they’re stretchy soft vinyl! I had one of their Pride Balls burst a seam under us.

Comment

• Benjy
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by hblooner
        I've ordered from shosu twice so far. None were beachballs though. First order was their gl1200 type ride roll (with sph) and their inflatable pleasure hole. Second time was their gl500 looking ride roll, the cheaper one with cheaper PVC and another pleasure hole. If you live in America it takes usually about 2 weeks and shipping is a bit pricey, but nothing uncommon for international shipping. I was satisfied with my purchases, except for the first pleasure which had a leak day one. Fixed it and leaked again. My second one 1000x better. I'd say they are heavy duty and they can be stretched quite a bit. They are pretty resistant to so I imagine the beachballs are the same. I recommend them. But what stops you from getting the Intex beachballs? Those from my experience are nice quality and I've only ever used them as pool toys as well (I'm not really a beachball guy.)
        Cheers for the feedback, very helpful!

Regards the Intex beachballs, its more that I want a 'classic' multicolour toy (I've been using inflatables as props for art and photography purposes as well). I'm not struck on the current Intex patterns, when you can find them, and I hate the distractingly large warning labels they often have. I'd tried some of the larger multicolour balls from beachballs.com last year, but found them hit and miss. Several have had multiple pin-hole leaks on panels straight out the packet (to the extent I couldn't tell if it was a manufacturing defect, or a spot of malice from someone during packing or transit). I figured the Shosu ones might be better quality.

Comment

• Vicci
          Blown to bits
          • Oct 2009

I've made loads of orders with shosu (need to do another one this week), and mainly they're great quality - but like every manufacturer, they have the occasional issue, but their customer service is great if you have issues.

​​​​Just a tip: add everything you want to your cart, go to checkout and fill in the details, but exit before entering payment details, after a couple of days they'll emails you a 10% off code - helps take the edge off overseas shipping charges 😉
          Vicci x

Comment

• hblooner
            • Dec 2023

Originally posted by Benjy

Cheers for the feedback, very helpful!

Regards the Intex beachballs, its more that I want a 'classic' multicolour toy (I've been using inflatables as props for art and photography purposes as well). I'm not struck on the current Intex patterns, when you can find them, and I hate the distractingly large warning labels they often have. I'd tried some of the larger multicolour balls from beachballs.com last year, but found them hit and miss. Several have had multiple pin-hole leaks on panels straight out the packet (to the extent I couldn't tell if it was a manufacturing defect, or a spot of malice from someone during packing or transit). I figured the Shosu ones might be better quality.
            That makes sense. If you are looking for another dealer that's way cheaper than shosu but still makes larger balls with and without SPH's. Look up D&L Toys on eBay. They are another go to of mine. My experience with these have been great. Cheap yet extremely durable.

Comment

• Vicci
              Blown to bits
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by hblooner
              Look up D&L Toys on eBay. They are another go to of mine. My experience with these have been great. Cheap yet extremely durable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38427220924...mis&media=COPY
              I'd *love* some of these, but shipping is prohibitive at three times the cost of the item 😭😭
              Vicci x

Comment

• snh61
                • Sep 2017

Shipping is acceptable, if you could buy multiple of them. But due to either ebay bug or seller malicious thinking, you pay same extreme shipping per each item and there is NO way to request combined shipping. Ebay tells you seller already offered discount, which is bullshit. So, either seller put large part of product price into the shipping price (hence does not want you to get any further discounts on shipping) or ebay just sucks. Or both.

So in the end, the DnL toys are expensive as hell, better getting SHOSU.

Comment

• hblooner
                  • Dec 2023

Originally posted by snh61
                  Shipping is acceptable, if you could buy multiple of them. But due to either ebay bug or seller malicious thinking, you pay same extreme shipping per each item and there is NO way to request combined shipping. Ebay tells you seller already offered discount, which is bullshit. So, either seller put large part of product price into the shipping price (hence does not want you to get any further discounts on shipping) or ebay just sucks. Or both.

So in the end, the DnL toys are expensive as hell, better getting SHOSU.
                  Oof I forgot to account for possible international shipping. Here in America shipping is low for D&L toys. Personally I'd go shosu, reputable brand and they've never failed me.

Comment

• Benjy
                    • Mar 2018

Thanks all- I've bought a couple of Shosu balls, they're on the way

I've used D&L a few times, I particularly love the transparent multicolour "36 balls, but yeah postage to the UK is hella pricey.

Comment

Working...