Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirSquishy
    • Mar 2020

Nitrile vs Latex gloves

I have little to no experience with inflating gloves. I'm sure a latex glove would be very similar to a balloon in many ways, but what is inflating nitrile gloves like? Is the nitrile material vastly different from latex, or are they very similar? Is nitrile softer, or harder when inflated? Is nitrile sturdier and more durable, or more fragile? Inquiring minds would like to know.
  • glovepopper
    • May 2019

Re: Nitrile vs Latex gloves

Nitrile gloves are sucks. I want polyisoprene gloves, but they are hard to buy...

Comment

• Dr_Atlanta
      • Sep 2020

Nitrile is a mix. It is flexible enough to be inflated, but you can rush it like you can with latex. Nitrile needs a second or two to adapt to the pressure. Blow it up too fast and it pops quick. Slowly blow it up with a few seconds in between to let it stretch and it can get much bigger. Take it from a person who has spent years blowing up latex and nitrile gloves.

Comment

• glovepopper
        • May 2019

Powdered gloves are not polymers coated inside.

Comment

• ArnoldJennings
          • Feb 2023

They seem completely similar to me

Comment

• MarioRanchi
            • Feb 2023

Hi! Thye're actually a bit different. When inflated, latex gloves tend to be very stretchy and bouncy, much like a regular balloon. They are lightweight and easy to inflate, but can also be prone to tearing or bursting if over-inflated. Nitrile gloves are generally more durable and puncture-resistant compared to latex gloves. When inflated, nitrile gloves tend to be stiffer and less stretchy, but still hold their shape well. They are also less likely to burst if over-inflated. Check here for more details harmonycr.com

Comment

• frankfrank
              Empathetic Harmonizer
              • Feb 2018

If somebody's willing to go expensive, these look like incredible gloves:

People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• Danniballoon
                • Mar 2018

Originally posted by glovepopper
                Nitrile gloves are sucks. I want polyisoprene gloves, but they are hard to buy...
                I've managed to get a few on E-bay

Comment

• Sit2Pop
                  Certified Looner
                  • Oct 2023

As someone who has used both, they do have some differences, though if careful, both can be used for the same purposes. Latex gloves, as you can imagine, feel very balloon like, soft and bouncy, but prone to premature popping due to the areas between fingers. I love wearing them, and stretching them out as well, feeling the tension of the latex on my hands. Nitrile gloves tend to be firmer and less stretchy, but also more robust as long as you inflate them right. They can pop quick if you blow them up fast, but if you take your time, they can be pushed more than you'd think they could. Overall, nitrile gloves feel more inflatable toy like, while latex gloves feel more balloon like.

Comment

Working...