X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden
    • Jun 2022

Ordering Balloon online.

Hey all,

I've been thinking about ordering some balloons from differnet parts of the world, however I want to know if it is worth the currency switch to CAD or not.

My other questions would be weather changes, from the UK to CAD would do to the balloons.

I would like to use the US but not sure which shop would be good or not. I've had hit or misses.
    Last edited by Golden; 20-08-2023, 21:31.
  • stretchedtight
    • Apr 2013

Re: Ordering Balloon online.

First regarding the weather question. I don't think this will matter as depending on what balloons you are looking for they could've been made in many different parts of the world (egf Tuftex, Qualatex in the US, Unique/Globos Payaso - Mexico, etc.). As long as the stock isn't old and the balloons have been stored properly, they will be fine.

I've recently placed orders from Germany (two different vendors). LoonerWorld who I've ordered a lot of balloons from has been great and I know what to expect. AirFx is the other I used which I've never used before, but everything I've read has been great and the email exchanges have been really great. A challenge with Europe (at least ordering from the US) is VAT and many won't actually allow you to order via their site and you have to contact them. The other challenge can be shipping. It can be VERY expensive, but there are reasonable options if you order enough balloons and have patience. My most recent order from LoonerWorld cleared customs in just a few days and it was less than two weeks to get the balloons. I've had others take weeks to clear customs and I had to wait over a month to get my balloons. Might just be a challenge in the US and I'm on the West Coast.
    I've also ordered directly from BalloonWorldStore (previously Rifco). I made a large order. The shipping was a lot but I got the balloons in 2 days from Italy.

I've also had recent orders from bargainballoons.com and they have both a US and a CAD presence. Selection can vary I was able to get some soap Kalisan 18" and Crystal TT17. I also bought a bunch of Decomex, which were really inexpensive, but not really great (for me). They sell Globos Payaso, just no U14/U16. Shipping wasn't fast, but it wasn't too bad either. https://www.bargainballoons.ca/ is the Canadian site.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Golden
    Hey all,

I've been thinking about ordering some balloons from differnet parts of the world, however I want to know if it is worth the currency switch to CAD or not.

My other questions would be weather changes, from the UK to CAD would do to the balloons.

I would like to use the US but not sure which shop would be good or not. I've had hit or misses.

Comment

• Golden
      • Jun 2022

yeah I'm still debating it, Bargain balloons is my main well my only that I use.

It would be nice to use other sites, but I think the cost and waiting would be to much.

Comment

• stretchedtight
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Golden
        yeah I'm still debating it, Bargain balloons is my main well my only that I use.

It would be nice to use other sites, but I think the cost and waiting would be to much.
        Won't know till you try. I don't think it will take that long and you may be surprised about the shipping. Plus if you like printed balloons on bigger balloons this would be the place to get them. Another option is Ebay...

Good luck!

Comment

• Seidenki
          • Dec 2016

Could I just throw in Balloons Direct as yet another alternative.

They have wonderful prices because most sizes below 36" come only in large bags, so they're great for buying lots of balloons. And they ship very fast, but their international shipping can be expensive.

Comment

Working...