Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnceYouPop
    • Sep 2022

Balloon shapes you wish existed

I tried making balloons again last year and after a long time managed to make one okayish 12 inch clear balloon

However, i had high hopes of making some of the coolest balloons the world had ever seen!

Sharing these in case any balloon making genius can make my dreams come true.

Dream Balloons:

- 36" Swimring - thats right a giant GIANT donut in crystal colours, 12 inch thick innertube balloon 36 inches side to side.

- 70" Candy Cane - a gigantic candycane shaped balloon complete with white spray striping

- 20" Star - I think a company used to make a star shaped lated balloon. Bought some and they just popped immediately but I'm sure someone could make some fresh ones and make it work.

- 40" question mark - a perfect giant question mark shape perfect for using for proposals (and popping!)

- Giant Wide Spiral - like those cheap 36" spiral balloons but 12" thick balloon that starts at the ground and coils around a grown person.

- Worker GL800 - this, i had one from a french chap i bought balloons off ebay from who made custom balloons. It was a huge 36"ish thick banner balloon but was 3 defined nobbles in it. It was intensely thick and strong while being really clear

Any other cool ideas?
  • LoonerPlanet
    • Nov 2018

Re: Balloon shapes you wish existed

Large Zeppelin shaped balloons--long balloons that are fatter in the middle. As far as I know, the only zeppelin shaped balloon now available is the Unique 15" and that is apparently no longer being produced. In the distant past, there used to be much bigger Zeppelins. A 6 or 7 foot Zeppelin would be outstanding.

I can swear that many, many years ago that was a large duck shaped balloon with a back that one could sit on. It was during my most phobic years, so I never played with one.

The Tilly worker--8+ wonderful feet long and 12" wide. The Cattex worker is great, but the Tilly was amazing.

Comment

• Merl
      Hopper research dept.
      • Apr 2021

16-18" perfectly round/no neck that aren't punchballs.

Comment

• popmenot
        • Jan 2022

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet
        Large Zeppelin shaped balloons--long balloons that are fatter in the middle. As far as I know, the only zeppelin shaped balloon now available is the Unique 15" and that is apparently no longer being produced. In the distant past, there used to be much bigger Zeppelins. A 6 or 7 foot Zeppelin would be outstanding.

I can swear that many, many years ago that was a large duck shaped balloon with a back that one could sit on. It was during my most phobic years, so I never played with one.

The Tilly worker--8+ wonderful feet long and 12" wide. The Cattex worker is great, but the Tilly was amazing.
        Check out the new rocket at Thirtythreerooms. There's a zeppelin you!
        I agree about the Tilly Worker. Miss that one.

Comment

• popmenot
          • Jan 2022

I would love to see a Cattex bunny. The head would be only slightly bigger than their giant mouse, and the ears each as big as the bill of their giant duck; maybe even bigger! The Czermack Feger giant bunny requires the ears to get way too hard and the third chamber just makes it that much harder to keep them full. Cattex clearly has an edge for supple, strong figurines that push back just right.
          The ultimate would be such a creature with an SPH engineered between the ears or just offset from there. Oh dear.......

Comment

• AJK64
            • Jun 2018

12-14 inch round balloon with really long, thick neck made of soft, stretchy latex

Comment

• darcynader
              • Nov 2018

16-18" perfectly round/no neck that aren't punchballs.
              Gemar 19" are very close to what you described. Sempertex 18" are very round but have a neck.

Comment

• DJ Looner
                • Apr 2020

I would love to see a zeppelin style climb-in balloon. A combination of the zeppelins and climb-in balloons from bubblexl.com with the wide neck would be perfect.

Comment

• DJ Looner
                  • Apr 2020

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet

Comment

• npratt
                    • Jul 2016

I don't know if this link is still valid (don't do FB, and it wants a login):

Balloonerina. 608 likes. The life size female balloon torso.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                      • Jun 2015

Don't know, but the lady was lucky those balloons didn't pop putting them on the grass. Usually balloons don't last long when they touch grass.

Comment

• OnceYouPop
                        • Sep 2022

Originally posted by onemoreblow
                        I will try making the 36" swim ring balloon. Sounds like a challenge.
                        What... wait... really?! Do... do you have the means?!

Comment

• Asclepio
                          • Sep 2018

Do you remember the very oval shape from the Uniques 15”?? I wish that shape could be copied on a 36” balloon
                          A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
                            • Jan 2017

A geo donut but larger than 16" would be awesome. Something I could lay my whole body on with a hole in the middle to slide in and out of.

Comment

Working...