Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Spray balloons. I need to make them and need help

I am so desperate for those to exist again. Seriously. I have an airbrush kit with Createx airbrush paint and thinner but what do they use to give it that glossy look? How could I create a fixture with the patterns? I really hope somebody can help me figure it out. My boyfriend is going to help me with a larger air compressor and at my job, they do airbrush and they showed me the right ratio but their equipment works so much better and the airbrush looks so good and full. I can never get it right.

I have a couple unopened bags of the 11 inch pastel sprays stored away in a cool dark place. I’m not letting those get ruined. Bought them in 2020 as soon as I read that they weren’t in stock anymore.

Does anyone have good tips to make it look good? I tried begging Qualatex to tell me the secrets but all I know is they were actually sprayed in Mexico.
  • SweetBouncer
    • Mar 2020

Re: Spray balloons. I need to make them and need help

Can you pass a picture of what is the result you wanna obtain?
    Cause my first idea was to spray the inside of a blown-up clear balloon, then blow another one opaque of the same size inside, sandwiching the sprayed colors between the two.
    If you want to obtain some kind of pattern maybe you can make some with parchment, put them inside, blow up the clear balloon, and after spraying take them out slowly with some fishing line, then blow up the opaque balloon inside.
    Also to make the pattern last, make sure that the paint has a base of liquid latex, without strong dissolvents so it doesn't pop the balloon.
    Last edited by SweetBouncer; 16-08-2022, 22:37.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
      • Apr 2022

Originally posted by SweetBouncer
      Can you pass a picture of what is the result you wanna obtain?
      Cause my first idea was to spray the inside of a blown-up clear balloon, then blow another one opaque of the same size inside, sandwiching the sprayed colors between the two.
      If you want to obtain some kind of pattern maybe you can make some with parchment, put them inside, blow up the clear balloon, and after spraying take them out slowly with some fishing line, then blow up the opaque balloon inside.
      Also to make the pattern last, make sure that the paint has a base of liquid latex, without strong dissolvents so it doesn't pop the balloon.
      Exactly like this. This “blue, white, red, green” colors pattern from the bottom up. Not the 2000-2020 version where it goes “blue, red, white, green.”
      Attached Files

Comment

• SweetBouncer
        • Mar 2020

Okay that's easier, just fill the balloon with just enough melted wax that it doesn't stretch but keeps its form. Wax floats in water so, when it's filled put it in water to let it slowly solidify and harden, then make the pattern you want on the balloon with paper tape, keep in mind that the stencil needs to be made so the part you want to have paint doesn't have tape, spray the latex base paint, and remove the paper stencil with the excess paint from the balloon carefully and before it dries. Let it dry and it's done.
        Resting the balloon filled, but not inflated, with melted wax in the water will keep it's natural shape and form. And to seal the balloon use a cork if you can, or a plastic bottle cap.

Comment

• SweetBouncer
          • Mar 2020

It's not about special balloons, if you print them inflated it's more dificult and the membrane of the blown up balloon will make part of the paint bounce right back at you. Also to make them look like that, cloudy transparent, the paint needs to be stretched, after the balloon is blown up, if you inflate them before painting it won't stretch. Instead if they deflate it will colapse and get darker and thicker.

And the wax doesn't leave any residue behind, once it get's hard and solid taking the balloon off is just like taking off a sock from your foot. Then you can just reuse the wax to make a candle, or remade the candle if you took the wax from one.

Comment

• Gunnapop
            • Oct 2020

If you are in the USA, get some coatings from Florida Inks....let down with the proper solvent, and airbrush. Florida will discontinue the line, soon. Stock up.

~gp

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Gunnapop
              If you are in the USA, get some coatings from Florida Inks....let down with the proper solvent, and airbrush. Florida will discontinue the line, soon. Stock up.

~gp
              Link to this product? I just don’t want to spend a fortune on it.

Comment

Working...