Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Question about 17 inch, trying to identify brand

I remember at this car dealer near me around 2010, they had these 17 inch balloons. They were NOT Tuftex. I feel like they were 17 inch Gaylas because there was this light pink included. Plus they were fluted and looked like the shape of a Casaba melon, like more rounded. But I’m not sure if they were Gayla because of the shape. Aren’t G17s more of a light bulb?

I remember finding what I thought were these balloons on a car dealer supply website in 2011. They were advertised as “Tuff Tech.” The colors looked strikingly similar, as did the shape, but they didn’t come with light pink. And they smelled like a barn when they were uninflated.

I also saw 17 inch balloons in the Popping game in Dave & Busters. I swore they were Tuftex but the pink looked more like bubble gum pink so … anyone have an idea?
  • john1bl
    • Jan 2014

Re: Question about 17 inch, trying to identify brand

I know that some car dealers used a brand called megatex in the past.

Comment

• Common Loon
      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Blueballoondude89
      I also saw 17 inch balloons in the Popping game in Dave & Busters. I swore they were Tuftex but the pink looked more like bubble gum pink so … anyone have an idea?
      I wonder about the D&B balloons too. They're not round like Tuftex or Sempertex or BSA or CTI, they're more shaped like a Q16. But they're not Qualatex or Unique. They remind me of sized-down B250s. I'd love to get my hands on some...

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
        • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Common Loon
        I wonder about the D&B balloons too. They're not round like Tuftex or Sempertex or BSA or CTI, they're more shaped like a Q16. But they're not Qualatex or Unique. They remind me of sized-down B250s. I'd love to get my hands on some...
        I was actually able to get some off eBay a few years ago but I don’t know what I did with them because they’re gone. They seemed to have the shape of a BSA when they were uninflated. But the green was slightly lighter. So ��

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
          • Apr 2022

I found YouTube videos of that car dealer! With the balloons! I really hope someone can identify those.

https://youtu.be/LsIkn_XEVRg (towards the end, you can see the pink ones)

Comment

• LoonerHoax
            • May 2020

In the first video the balloons are all under inflated or are using an odd mix of helium and air. They way they are flopping in the wind isn't right for a fully inflated helium balloon. That pink almost looks like the bubblegum pink of the uniques. Hard to tell with the color quality of an old video.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by LoonerHoax
              In the first video the balloons are all under inflated or are using an odd mix of helium and air. They way they are flopping in the wind isn't right for a fully inflated helium balloon. That pink almost looks like the bubblegum pink of the uniques. Hard to tell with the color quality of an old video.
              I wish I knew for sure if they were Gayla or not. The blue, green and pink make it seem so.

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
                • Dec 2020

Those D&B games have manuals online. They tell the owners to reorder their 16 inch balloons. No telling who makes them, but I imagine they want high quality stuff in the machines to avoid premature pops, etc.

Comment

Working...