Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PMN985
    • Aug 2021

Decorating gigs non fetish related

So I've been decorating for friends and family for about 20 years, word of mouth has got me some side jobs and everything I'm about to go full-on professional with an LLC, I'm going to do a couple PVC frame sculptures for a portfolio project, I got a gig coming up making Mosaic numbers out of foam board to fill the balloons in Easy work but I'm doing a test run for my youngest birthday this weekend, took me 3 hours to build the numbers yesterday not bad for a first run
  • Loonorm
    • Mar 2019

Re: Decorating gigs non fetish related

My part-time job includes setting up, and taking down, balloon sculptures and decorations. While the job is very interesting, and fun, I have found it really easy to separate the fetish side, from the professional side, of the balloons. Sure, when the organizer of the event is very pretty, and she’s telling you that she’s impressed with the work that (we) did, it’s easy to fantasize, but I never, ever, let it show.

Comment

• Loonatic
      Balloons + Feet
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by PMN985
      So I've been decorating for friends and family for about 20 years, word of mouth has got me some side jobs and everything I'm about to go full-on professional with an LLC, I'm going to do a couple PVC frame sculptures for a portfolio project, I got a gig coming up making Mosaic numbers out of foam board to fill the balloons in Easy work but I'm doing a test run for my youngest birthday this weekend, took me 3 hours to build the numbers yesterday not bad for a first run
      That's awesome, congrats!! I'm the designated decorator for family/friend parties and always imagined doing it on the side for a fun little side hustle. So exciting setting up your own company now!

And I agree with loonorm, I do a lot of photo/video/design work for balloon decorator clients and it always easy for me to separate the two worlds. Which is honestly quite nice, sometimes it's fun to just be able to enjoy the loony moments without the sexual side of things, heals the soul haha.

If you ever find yourself in TX and need photos of an install let me know, I'd be happy to take them. Good luck with this new chapter!

Comment

• Common Loon
        • Aug 2020

Yep, I've been doing deco pretty regularly for the last 10-plus years, but almost exclusively for family and friends' events. Still, it is so much fun to challenge myself each time with finding new design ideas and then try to execute on them.

I've toyed with the idea of making it a side business. Maybe I still will sometime. But my biggest challenge is that I work too slowly for what would generally be necessary for big events. I love doing the big, hundreds-of-balloons jobs but when I'm working solo that just takes soooo much time. I would probably need to get a big van to transport already-inflated balloons if I wanted to really get into event decor.

And also, yeah. Super easy to separate from my other balloon recreation. If anything, doing all that deco work has somewhat attenuated what was previously an unconscious response in my body every time I inflated a balloon ("ooh it must be playyytime!"). So now it's easier to separate since the majority of the balloons I inflate aren't for playtime purposes

Comment

• Loonatic
          Balloons + Feet
          • Apr 2016

Haha yea those big gigs look like tons of work! Most of the people I see have to have crews for those for sure lol. But awesome you're getting to incorporate your passion into a little side gig!

And I know exactly what you mean! The first time I had a balloon shoot I was so nervous I was going to be obviously aroused while working but as soon as I got to the shoot it was business as usual, balloons were the subject/model/product and I was just there to make them look good and capture the art haha.

Still super enjoyable to be around a ton of huge balloons though, don't get me wrong. But it's more excitement than arousal. But honestly, even non-looners can't help to be a bit giddy in that environment anyways so no biggie — it's just a different kind of fun lol

Comment

Working...