Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balloonbruh
    • Mar 2022

Asking for advice.

So currently I’m a non popper, I’ve never blow to pop any balloon but I really want to. I’ll get the balloon to start having a neck and where it’s really tight but then I chicken out and deflate it. I get nervous when it gets to that point in the blow but I want to finish it but my mind says I can’t. I feel like once I blow to pop a balloon that my fear will start to trickle away.

Do you guys have any tips on balloons to use, methods, anything you think might be able to help me out please comment. I’m going to try one today so hopefully I don’t chicken out.

Thanks for the help!
  • Danman1987
    • Nov 2012

Re: Asking for advice.

I've done 1 b2p on purpose. What I did was using earplugs to make the pop less loud for me and blindfold myself because I didn't want to see how big the balloon got before it pops. This helped me to do a b2p.

But on my personal feeling I just don't like b2p, it wasn't the thrill I expected to be honest (although I am a slightly phobic non popper).

Comment

• Dust of the Saturn
      Stretched like space-time
      • Feb 2018

The best method for me was to blow the balloon under the blanket of your bed.

Kneel or sit on a low chair against your bed and put the half inflated balloon under the heavy blanket. Use earplugs and blow. The mouthpiece should be the only thing sticking out from the bed. This worked for me.
      And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
        • Nov 2016

I've used that technique too, heavy blankets (like a duvet) almost completely muffle the pop sound, it's not loud at all. Just make sure there isn't too large of a gap for the noise to escape, and make sure the blanket is thick enough (a single-layer blanket won't work, you need something like a comforter to sufficiently dampen the sound).

Comment

• Common Loon
          • Aug 2020

If you're able to blow up a balloon to that point of maximum fullness/tightness reliably... but not yet able to give it those finishing blows... what you could do is: just get a BUNCH of balloons, say 50. Take 10 of them and blow each one right to your maximum and stop. For fun, tie off each one so that you begin to surround yourself with tight balloons. And dare the unexpected to happen.

If you get through 10 and none of them have exploded unintentionally, then you're not really reaching their maximum. Do another 10, but once each of those gets to its max, add just one more big breath. If none of them pop accidentally, commit to adding two more breaths over your "maximum" for the next 10 balloons you do. Etc.

If at some point a pop does happen in this process, you'll probably flinch 10 feet off the ground (if you're anything like me). But once your heart rate comes back down a little and your hands stop shaking, realize that -- in effect -- you've done a B2P. And it wasn't that bad. And maybe you could do another shortly thereafter, while your adrenalin is still up.

If you get through 50 with no pop... or if getting 50 balloons feels like too extravagant... you could try doing this with repeated inflations of the same balloon. One of the most reliable ways to create an accidental pop is to repeatedly inflate the same balloon to a large size over and over again. (Though it gets bigger, thinner, and more unpredictable with each successive inflation.)

Let us know if you try something! Even if it doesn't work.

Comment

• 7balloon
            One of the First Online
            • Dec 2018

The way I did was focus on how excited I was getting knowing it was going to break once it got as big and tight as it could get. I came at least a dozen times before one actually popped. By that time I was ready!

Comment

• pinpopper
              • Mar 2019

earplugs, safety specs and alcohol

Comment

• stretchedtight
                • Apr 2013

If you want to pop a balloon but are afraid I wouldn't call you a non popper, I would say you are a phobic popper or a wannabe popper. I think of poppers are people that really dislike and avoid popping balloons, but not out of fear more of they don't like to see balloons destroyed.

I've only intentional B2P a couple times. I chicken out too Some ideas:

Use earplugs or get some over the ear and put some airpods in with some music.
                Try inflating a lot of balloons, maybe use a pump and keep getting progressively bigger and clip them off. Try inflating, deflating and reinflating and push it bigger and bigger. Pop a couple with something sharp to get used to it. Unclip and add some air to some of the balloons. Maybe just a breath or two. Use a pump and a long cord so you can tie or tape the balloon on the end of the pump and plug it in to inflate and unplug and it will slowly deflate. Then you can be a distance away when it pops and slowly get up the nerve to get closer and use your mouth.

Originally posted by Balloonbruh
                So currently I’m a non popper, I’ve never blow to pop any balloon but I really want to. I’ll get the balloon to start having a neck and where it’s really tight but then I chicken out and deflate it. I get nervous when it gets to that point in the blow but I want to finish it but my mind says I can’t. I feel like once I blow to pop a balloon that my fear will start to trickle away.

Do you guys have any tips on balloons to use, methods, anything you think might be able to help me out please comment. I’m going to try one today so hopefully I don’t chicken out.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• RubberTech
                  • Jan 2022

I used a long clear 5/8" flexible hose with a one way valve and then also wore earplugs and headphones. That way you can stand back away from the balloon as it inflates and not be nervous about it popping in your face. The earplugs and headphones reduce the noise and you still get the thrill of watching the balloon get huge and tight but none of the fear of it going off right in front of you and none of the loud bang either.

Comment

• Balloonbruh
                    • Mar 2022

Thanks for the responses, I’ll try each of them when I get the chance. Kinda tough while still living with the parents. But I have gotten to a point where I can blow a TT17 really tight and stab it with a knife while in my car. I was wearing earplugs and my music was decently loud but I still popped it. I can get the balloon pretty tight but when it comes down to putting the last breaths in I start to shake like a leaf.

Comment

• PomeranianLooner
                      • Feb 2016

I dared to put the final breath only once, but the balloon decided to escape from DIY valve. Bouncing on footpump without any breaks was a lot easier than normal b2p.

Comment

Working...