Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perchedontheloon
    • Dec 2014

Not sure how to approach this...

Hey all, I found myself in a particularly unique situation over the weekend and I need to sound off about it.

I arrived back at my apartment after spending a great 4th with family. My roomie was already in bed in his room when I got home but I noticed he cleaned the downstairs living room, nice thought huh?

I get up to my room and immediately something is amiss. Everything is slightly different than how I left it. I look around my room and it looks like it has been vacuumed, something I needed to do but work and life has kept me far too busy. Full disclosure, I am not the neatest person. I have a clothes pile of laundry to do. Various items were on the floor. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed for a little while.

Now, everything looks cleaner. My nightstand looks like it has been cleaned off, dusted, and well...spotless. I look over at my closet, I see my big-ish 17" Kaboomballoons.com print balloon sitting proudly for all to see. I panic and see my closet has been tidied up. A moment of dread sets in, I look on the other side of my bed and there are hardly any loons. Not good. I had DOZENS of balloons there. I had more than one giant Tilly, one 48" chloroprene cloud buster, and more q24s than I know of. All good. A couple of 36" balloons are left, but otherwise gone. There were some scraps in there, pieces that popped that I hadn't gotten rid of yet, but mostly intact balloons. Balloons in my nightstand, gone. Balloons under my bed, gone. Oddly enough, all of my balloons in my closet (still in bags) were untouched but again out for anyone to see.

I don't know how to confront my roommate about this. He doesn't (or at least didn't) know about my balloon kink. He has seen an inflated balloon here and there but otherwise I've kept it to myself. If I confront, he's going to ask "what's with all the balloons?".

Another full disclosure, I don't suspect he had bad intentions. If he even did it, it was probably out of a good motivation. He's a christian and very involved in a local church, is very kind, and we are very close friends. Also, my family has been going through some very rough times lately and it could be that he wanted to "help" me out by cleaning my room (he is a clean freak).

Tl;dr: my roomie found all my used and new uninflated balloons when he cleaned up my room when I was out of town. What do I do????
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Not sure how to approach this...

You should of hidden them better or in a chest under lock and key. If your roommate doesn't mention it I would stay quiet.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Jkloon
      • Aug 2013

Wait, how many of your balloons are missing?

Comment

• Banzure
        Inflater of Dolls
        • Feb 2013

Well, I don't see why you would need to reveal your fetish, just ask him if he moved them or something. If he really asks why, well, it's your stuff, and he shouldn't move/throw it out no matter what. But like wild said, could be a good idea to, going forward, keeping them locked up or something.
        Bigger is good, but burst is better!

Comment

• OverTheTop
          • Dec 2013

...ouch... That is going to be tough.

My way of going about it would be to keep quiet about it for a little bit and see if he says anything about it. He should at least have realized that this is pretty private and important to you. If he doesn't give your balloons back and you can't find them around the area, confront him about it, but try not to give the impression that you're nervous. The question of "why do you have so many balloons" will come up at some point, and it's up to you as to whether you want to tell him the truth or not. He sounds like a good person, but I can't make that decision.

Comment

• perchedontheloon
            • Dec 2014

Well I kinda talked to him about it tonight. I was making pasta and he asked to have one of my beers. I said that the going rate was vacuuming my room. He just said "oh I can do that". I asked if he already did, and he said "yeah. I got a little carried away cleaning on Sunday." Nothing more, no mention of balloons. We hing out for a little bit and he didn't say anything else. I went back up to my room and I realized that there weren't as many balloons gone as I previously thought. I couldn't find my 48" cloud buster but it seemed as though he piled them up in a corner behind my bed.

So, maybe crisis averted but still he cleaned in my closet and there were a few inflated balloons in there like that 17" kaboom printed balloon. I know he has seen balloons in my room more than a few times, in fact one time I had big 40" balloons inflated and on my bed. I was out in the kitchen and he said "whoa, those are some big balls". I non chantry said "oh those? Yeah they are" and went back to making dinner. He probably knows something is odd, but I don't think he knows anything more. I think I'm going to tell him at some point, I don't like lying.

Thanks for listening and for the advice!

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by perchedontheloon
              Well I kinda talked to him about it tonight. I was making pasta and he asked to have one of my beers. I said that the going rate was vacuuming my room. He just said "oh I can do that". I asked if he already did, and he said "yeah. I got a little carried away cleaning on Sunday." Nothing more, no mention of balloons. We hing out for a little bit and he didn't say anything else. I went back up to my room and I realized that there weren't as many balloons gone as I previously thought. I couldn't find my 48" cloud buster but it seemed as though he piled them up in a corner behind my bed.

So, maybe crisis averted but still he cleaned in my closet and there were a few inflated balloons in there like that 17" kaboom printed balloon. I know he has seen balloons in my room more than a few times, in fact one time I had big 40" balloons inflated and on my bed. I was out in the kitchen and he said "whoa, those are some big balls". I non chantry said "oh those? Yeah they are" and went back to making dinner. He probably knows something is odd, but I don't think he knows anything more. I think I'm going to tell him at some point, I don't like lying.

Thanks for listening and for the advice!
              Personally, I'd tell him sooner rather than later so that he at least knows in case something like that happens again. Again, it's up to you, but that's what I'd do.

Comment

Working...