Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leonard92
    • Aug 2015

Where to buy good Chinese 36" balloons?

Recently I started to search for some Chinese 36" balloons online, but there are a lot of options on eBay, amazon, and I don't know what to choose. It's frustrating that we don't have a "standard" manufacturer, like we do with Qualatex, Tuftex, Belbal, Unique, etc. where we know exactly what to expect from them. I don't want to spend a lot of money on bad quality ones.

So I would appreciate a lot if some of you guys have tried some over the years and could share with us the shops / sellers you bought from.

I am looking for some that could be shipped from EU, as I don't want to also spend money for custom charges (if they are shipped directly from China).
    I've seen some balloons get Massive, and I also like the oval shape too (see attached pictures).

Thank you.
    Attached Files
  • Asclepio
    • Sep 2018

Re: Where to buy good Chinese 36" balloons?

Some looners buy them from AlliExpress, it is not easy to find an specific brand, my advice is contact another looner who has any experience buying them, and ask him about the specific link to the store.
    Chinese loons are turning real good the last years, but it is still a big chance to get bad quality balloons, so if someone can give you the link to the store it will be the easiest way.
    I asked for the link to some other ¨looners¨ Like KathyLooner but apparently they just don’t want to give the information for free (you know, people wanting to get money for everything), so another advice would be to find a looner who is your friend because other people is going to try to scam you.
    A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• PBK
      • Mar 2019

They seem to have vanished in my area. All the local Dollarama dollar stores had them and they were actually quite good in quality (I have a green smiley 4' that was overinflated and is still going strong 5 months later after lots of oxidation, abuse, being kicked around and such). Not sure if the pandemic has anything to do with supply chains.
      Even Michaels doesn't have them as often anymore.
      Glad I stocked up when the stores had them.....

Comment

• Leonard92
        • Aug 2015

Thanks for all your replies.
        As a start, I am thinking of buying from 2 places and in smaller quantities, just to make some ideas. If I get some cool ones I'll let you know where to buy them from.

Speaking of scams, while doing my research, today I found the biggest of them all here:

I still hope he made a typo when he listed it on ebay.
        Those who sell overpriced Qualatex 24" are just amateurs compared with this one.
        It's insane how far some sellers will go, just to scam someone. I was expecting to see at least 100 balloons in the package. In fact no, this is the price for a single balloon: 456 GBP.

Comment

• Palloncinatore
          • Jul 2022

Sorry if I necro this thread, but I can't make a new one yet, so I suppose it should be good for what I'm asking for: I've bought from a local Chinese shop these balloons which are definitely 36''.

My question is: I weight 65kg, will these balloon support my weight when inflated underneath? I know they are not the best quality but I wanted to know if any of you had any experience.

I saw balloonbangers' videos and those balloon can really withstand an adult while fully inflated.

Code:
          [URL="https://imgur.com/ENRW512"]https://imgur.com/ENRW512[/URL]
          [URL="https://imgur.com/Mr3mB83"]https://imgur.com/Mr3mB83[/URL]

Comment

• andrew_looner
            • Feb 2019

I've had these balloons and sat on them (70kg) and they support your weight just fine.

Comment

• Palloncinatore
              • Jul 2022

Just to know, were they fully inflated or half-inflated?

Comment

• andrew_looner
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Palloncinatore
                Just to know, were they fully inflated or half-inflated?
                They were around 90% inflated

Comment

• Zentron
                  • Oct 2019

I weight close to 120 kilos and they ironically support me better when they are well inflated/slightly overinflated then underinflated xP

Some 36" China can take a lot of abuse and some not so much.

Comment

• NEKOCC
                    • Mar 2020

Recommend to buy "Haoshidai", "Orangetex" and "Fengche" brand, and "Kaiyue","Haolin" brand can also be considered as one choise.
                    Maybe you can find them in AlliExpress.
                    Quality control of Chinese balloon may not as good as the big international brands, but they are good value for money.

Comment

Working...