X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qbubbleballoon (:
    • Apr 2021

Re: A prevalence of people on the autistic spectrum

Originally posted by Mutaloon
    I was diagnosed when I was 12 or 13 years old, but was put in speech therapy for as long as I can remember. My mother thought I had High-functioning Autism (Asperger's at the time) when I was 2-3 years old. I don't remember much during that time, but they said that I wouldn't respond to my name and would only do something if a reward was involved. Apparently doing things that stimulate such as waving arms or messing with my ears was also a sign. I was and still am very independent minded. However, despite all that, I was able to make good friends growing up and have a "mostly" positive experience.

I am somewhat skeptical of ASD when it comes to it's diagnosis in people. The rules for mental health being diagnosed in people seem to be all over the place. So at some point I decided to ignore my knowledge of the diagnosis and just fit in.
    Well...my older brother has full, blown autism. He lives in a special facility with people who constantly watch over and protect him being that he simply cannot function in normal society. I am very grateful for these individuals who have a passion and devote themselves to take care of those who are mentally disabled and I can't say enough good things about them (: My older sister is diagnosed with Asperger's so it's no surprise to me that I was diagnosed with "Autism spectrum disorder " a couple of years ago...( Why is it referred to as a disorder? Should it not be considered a condition?) ) Anyways...I have a wonderful social life though I can be a bit awkward at times but most of my friends find it charming. I love who I am and would never change a thing about myself and I absolutely love all the individuals who congregate here whom I can relate to. It makes me feel like I have others whom I can relate to and I feel less alienated interacting with others that share the same passion as myself. Long live BALLOONS!!!

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Mutaloon
      To add on to my post on this topic, I don't think there is any connection towards balloon fetishism. I think it can influence our obsession of the fetish in some way, but I don't think it's what can cause someone to suddenly be into balloons.
      I agree with you 100 percent Mutaloon !

Comment

• MylarLover
        Mylar Balloon Lover
        • Apr 2023

Originally posted by BallonBTP

Being a popper myself makes it hard to comment on your other question, but I will try to give a few thoughts anyway, then you can take it for what it is.
        I would think that non-poppers care a lot more for their balloons than poppers (for obvious reasons), and therefore it is quite likely that they feel more attached to them - also because they collect them, some even treasure them, and they keep and use them for a long time.
        Maybe it is easier to see it the other way round. Poppers most likely aren't especially attached to their balloons, because if they were, they wouldn't pop them.

BTW I still think the two "fractions" have far more in common than differs them.

Greetings
        BallonBTP

PS. This was a sidestep from the thread-topic - probably yet another mistake from my side. Sorry, I couldn't help trying to answer.

I think its true that non poppers takes more care of their balloons. I would never pop my Mylar Balloons. I'm a non popper with autism.

Comment

• AndreasLooner

I always thought i had ADHD but it turns out i'm actually autistic...

Comment

• RubberRider297
            Intimate Rider
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Qbubbleballoon (:

Well...my older brother has full, blown autism. He lives in a special facility with people who constantly watch over and protect him being that he simply cannot function in normal society. I am very grateful for these individuals who have a passion and devote themselves to take care of those who are mentally disabled and I can't say enough good things about them (: My older sister is diagnosed with Asperger's so it's no surprise to me that I was diagnosed with "Autism spectrum disorder " a couple of years ago...( Why is it referred to as a disorder? Should it not be considered a condition?) ) Anyways...I have a wonderful social life though I can be a bit awkward at times but most of my friends find it charming. I love who I am and would never change a thing about myself and I absolutely love all the individuals who congregate here whom I can relate to. It makes me feel like I have others whom I can relate to and I feel less alienated interacting with others that share the same passion as myself. Long live BALLOONS!!!
            Ohh wow! You know, before I made my account, I kept seeing you all over the place. I really admire just how sweet you are with everyone, and how you also want people to feel comfortable with their fetish. I also have Autism, and I was diagnosed as a very young age. I want to say sometime before I turned 5 years old, but I don’t remember exactly when. Anyways, I wanted to see how other people like me felt about looning, and I was pleasantly surprised to see you here (: I think it’s really cool actually, and I admire that about you too. From what I’ve seen from your other posts, you seem like a very nice and cool person to be friends with. If you don’t mind, maybe we could message each other at some point. Of course, only if you want. Either way, I hope you and everyone else here has an absolutely beautiful day/night! 😊
            (Also as a Pokémon fan, I LOVE that Serena pfp! 🫶)

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by RubberRider297

Ohh wow! You know, before I made my account, I kept seeing you all over the place. I really admire just how sweet you are with everyone, and how you also want people to feel comfortable with their fetish. I also have Autism, and I was diagnosed as a very young age. I want to say sometime before I turned 5 years old, but I don’t remember exactly when. Anyways, I wanted to see how other people like me felt about looning, and I was pleasantly surprised to see you here (: I think it’s really cool actually, and I admire that about you too. From what I’ve seen from your other posts, you seem like a very nice and cool person to be friends with. If you don’t mind, maybe we could message each other at some point. Of course, only if you want. Either way, I hope you and everyone else here has an absolutely beautiful day/night! 😊
              (Also as a Pokémon fan, I LOVE that Serena pfp! 🫶)
              You're gonna make me cry!
              Thank you so very much for the kind words 🥰🎈❤️🎈

Comment

• RubberRider297
                Intimate Rider
                • Apr 2024

You're gonna make me cry!
                Thank you so very much for the kind words 🥰🎈❤️🎈
                Awwww, that’s so sweet! It’s ok to cry, you can feel free to let your happiness out 🫂. I’ve met really sweet people throughout my life, and based on the way you talk to others on this forum, you seem to be another one of those people! From what I’ve seen, you’re very supportive and kind to everyone here, and I’m very happy and glad that my words brought happiness to your heart. You’re very welcome, you deserve goodness! 🥰🫶❤️🎈☀️

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                  • Apr 2021

Awwww, that’s so sweet! It’s ok to cry, you can feel free to let your happiness out 🫂. I’ve met really sweet people throughout my life, and based on the way you talk to others on this forum, you seem to be another one of those people! From what I’ve seen, you’re very supportive and kind to everyone here, and I’m very happy and glad that my words brought happiness to your heart. You’re very welcome, you deserve goodness! 🥰🫶❤️🎈☀️
                  You've really touched my heart...I can't thank you enough. It means so very much to me. I pray many blessings to you my lifelong friend 🧡

Comment

• RubberRider297
                    Intimate Rider
                    • Apr 2024

You've really touched my heart...I can't thank you enough. It means so very much to me. I pray many blessings to you my lifelong friend 🧡
                    Awwwww, lifelong friend 🥰! Reading your message just made me so so happy! You have no idea 🫂! I pray many blessings to you too lifelong friend! ❤️

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                      • Apr 2021

Awwwww, lifelong friend 🥰! Reading your message just made me so so happy! You have no idea 🫂! I pray many blessings to you too lifelong friend! ❤️
                      Best Balloon Buddies for life!!!🥰❤️😍🥰🎈😏☺️🎈❤️........love❤️🎈

Comment

• RubberRider297
                        Intimate Rider
                        • Apr 2024

Best Balloon Buddies for life!!!🥰❤️😍🥰🎈😏☺️🎈❤️........love❤️🎈
                        Awwww, best balloon buddies for life!!! And much love to you too!!! 🥰❤️🎈🥰❤️🎈🥰❤️🎈🥰❤️🎈🥰❤️🎈

Comment

Working...