Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AuroraFox
    • Nov 2015

Re: You can purchase new Qualtex 24"

LondonLarry, since you were the one who inquired originally, did you happen to ask what the total order cost or the price per piece would have been?

Just for the hell of it, let’s make some assumptions here. Assuming if you order 20,000, you’ll likely be able to register an account as a distributor/dealer, so you’re not going to be paying retail cost. Let’s also assume that markup is 50%. Looking back at prices for a bag of 5 Q24’s, the cost was $4.75, or $0.95 per balloon. Let’s just average that out to $1 each, so dealer cost might be $0.50 per balloon. That would mean a $10,000 investment to procure an entire 20,000 piece run. If 100 people put in a $100 order, you’d meet the minimum.

That’s a pretty decent guess at what anyone would realistically need to make this happen.

Comment

• LondonLarry
      Could be a chat bot
      • Jul 2019

No I did not. Thing is if someone was affulent enough to make the purchase, at the end of the call then fab. Otherwise you are timewasting. How many times have you tried to sell a car or something and someone views and says "I want it I gotta save up" or "I want it but need to sell my car first". They waste your time. Qualatex don't want to hear "Man that price is sweet, I'm gonna crowd fund to get the cash!". They want to hear "The long number across my card is........"

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
        • Dec 2020

HI Ya Balloon boy im a uk looner in my 40,s do you fancy chatting balloons

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
          • Dec 2020

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
          So, in theory, 20,000 x roughly £1 per balloon, means a minimum order of £20k.

Yikes!!! As you say, nice if you can afford it. However, what I suspect someone could do is, place an order, then sell each balloon off at a 50% markup, and make £40k. Nice!
          hi ya balloonboyUK im a uk looner in my 40s do you fancy chatting big balloons

Comment

• RubberTech
            • Jan 2022

I would be willing to put up $200 towards this or maybe more if need be. The Q24 was one of my fav's and typically the smallest balloon I would keep around. I bought 60 of them just before they discontinued but I'm down to only 10 or so now unfortunately. The crowd fund sounds like a good idea, Could certainly sell some of them off and make your initial investment back while keeping a bunch for yourself.

Comment

• LondonLarry
              Could be a chat bot
              • Jul 2019

Thirty Three Rooms produce some 24" balloons, Roomtex or something like that, not sure on cost. Probably the closest thing to a Q24". RX24's they use in their videos. I'm sure they sell them as well.

Comment

Working...