Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smothered by tits
    • Mar 2019

Re: Upgrading air pumps

Well that's what i have been considering.
    Hell i mentioned that earlier.

Oh i forgot to mention that im mainly using giant balloons such as 5.5 ft, 8 ft cloudbusters and a 600g weather balloon.
    Last edited by Smothered by tits; 20-04-2019, 02:22.

Comment

• Smothered by tits
      • Mar 2019

Well i need help searching for a new electric pump and i have no idea where to start.
      The criteria i'm looking for is to be able to inflate a cattex 72' ether directly (if it's small) or has a hose attached. (if something larger) Doesn't need to be super quiet but i'm not going to go deaf from using it.
      I wouldn't be asking if i knew what i'm looking for exactly so any suggestions would be very welcome.

Comment

• ElPotato
        • Apr 2020

Look at the heated pet dryers on amazon. They come with an incredibly powerful motor and have the option to add heat if you want to make your balloons a little larger and softer. They are in the $70 range, have a hose, adjustable airflow, heat setting, and are not insanely loud.
        I love mine and have suggested to others to buy them as well.

They are especially awesome if you warm your balloon in a clothes dryer prior to inflation, then turn on the heat while inflating. You can really max out a balloon on these.

One cool trick with using heated air on huge balloons is the ability to make them float for a few moments. It won’t have the lift of helium by any means, but to have a giant warm balloon floating on heat alone is a sight to see.
        Last edited by ElPotato; 18-12-2020, 16:44.

Comment

• blnhead85
          • Oct 2020

My favorite pump is one from Home Depot (Ridgid), which has a 6 HP 10A motor. It is actually a detachable leaf blower from a shop-vac housing, which spends most of its time sitting on its side in a closet, ready to be plugged in and used.

With an adapter to narrow the exhaust opening with duct tape, I friction-fit a 1" diameter flexible pond hose, into which I put a 3/4" PVC pipe irrigation riser. I then attach that vertically to a chair with tie wraps, and onto that I can then screw whichever barbed fitting I want for the size of balloons I am inflating -- 3/8" for Q11's, and ~3/4" for Q16's.

I love the power this thing has: Q11's can be inflated in 2 seconds to a good 12" diameter, and Q16's in ~4-5 seconds. Perfect for big jobs (like NYE, coming up... , or for mass pre-inflation so the balloons will inflate larger when the time comes. Keeping it in the closet with a sliding door keeps down the noise, and it does not get too hot from on/off operation, unlike so many other pumps.

Comment

• Common Loon
            • Aug 2020

Ooo this sounds dreamy. Have a picture or a link to the fittings you used?

Comment

Working...