Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

Is this a weak spot

Is this a weak spot? the balloons are over a year old first time I have inflated and I have noticed there on a few of the balloons in the pack. On that particular balloon there's 3 spots in a row.

It was the first time I have used my bigger balloons.

Mabye an idea for a new thread is a weak spot guide or a thread where you can post pics and other more knowledgeable people can answer

So far the balloon seems to be ok but I did underinflate it.
    Attached Files
  • JCB
    • Feb 2021

Can't see photo clearly enough but are spots see through with no colour? If so that's something known as a ' church window ' which looks fragile but ain't. Just a manufacturing fault with colour dye of the latex. If that's the case nay prob. Tho tbh I've got balloons still to use which I've had 2 or 3 yrs & ones I've recently used had no prob with. That's my experience tho others may have different experiences with different balloons. My experience is with Tuftex & Belbal. Hope this helps

Comment

• Dude1234
      • Sep 2017

Yes see through with no colour. Sorry I couldn't get a better picture it didn't want to show up on my camera.

That's good to know. Those are Belbal. Thanks for your help

Comment

• Nopops4me
        • Jun 2015

This is a subject that appears frequently, but always good to keep it alive to help new comers. From an earlier post similar to JCB's, i've trusted that post and taken a balloon with a 'church window' (C/W) to rated size or maybe a little over and noticed the C/W seems to disappear as the surrounding coloured latex stretches and thins out. I also reckon they are safe and not too much to worry about.

Comment

Working...