Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maddie
    • Mar 2024

Quiet Balloons

Are there any balloons that you guys would say are unusually quiet when popped? Preferably around 12"-16"
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

If anyone can answer this positively then I'm all ears. This would, I expect would be a phobics dream. It was a bloody yellow standard balloon that burst with an almighty BANG when I was a toddler that started my phobia. I've struggled ever since.

Comment

• OnceYouPop
      • Sep 2022

Underinflating a balloon is always your best bet, anything less than fully inflated id say youre cutting the volume down to about half in a lot of cases. Other than that I'd say extremely thin/cheap latex balloons - thinner the latex the quieter!

Comment

• srob2
        • Dec 2017

I miss cheap balloons that I could b2p without hearing protection and really weren't that loud. Now most cheap balloons I buy are stiff and if anything louder for b2ps. Unique 12s are the least loud I've found of the better known brands.

Blowing up balloons and deflating them a few times, or leaving the inflated a few days takes away a lot of the noise. Other people have had success with baking, for me this is always just a stinky sticky waste.

Comment

• Maddie
          • Mar 2024

Do they still make soap balloons like in Miyu's old videos? Those looked really thin and quiet but idk where to get them

Comment

• Locoforglobo
            • Dec 2022

Originally posted by Maddie
            Do they still make soap balloons like in Miyu's old videos? Those looked really thin and quiet but idk where to get them
            You probably wanna look for crystal balloons, think those are the ones you are referring to, they can be pretty quiet

Comment

• Kitten
              • Jul 2023

Originally posted by Maddie
              Soap colours seem really common at the moment. They look and feel fragil, but are stronger than they look and stretch a lot. Also they have a really loud bang when overinflated.

Comment

• srob2
                • Dec 2017

Miyu were a one time order by Miyu herself, I don't think you can buy anything similar.

Comment

• AJK64
                  • Jun 2018

As has been mentioned by srob2 I do think that of the bigger brands, 12" Uniques have the quietest bang, but can still be fairly loud if put under pressure. Many chinese brand balloons are a bit softer and have quieter bangs, but they can also be unreliable and unexpectedly burst so might not be good for a phobic.

Comment

• Casey88
                    lukmanrewa
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by OnceYouPop
                    Underinflating a balloon is always your best bet, anything less than fully inflated id say youre cutting the volume down to about half in a lot of cases. Other than that I'd say extremely thin/cheap latex balloons - thinner the latex the quieter!
                    Not really, the thinner the latex the more fragile it is and unexpected pops can frequently occur ! The best way is to underinflate it.

Comment

Working...