Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCB
    • Feb 2021

Belbal 24 or Tuftex 24

Just wondering from your experiences which is your preference. For me the Tuftex shades it prefer the shape but for a 24 balloon the Belbal gets absolutely huge. Tho for me both balloons are great.
  • grizzleylooner
    • Aug 2023

Belbal for me. They're both great when fresh, but I've had too many tuftex go bad so rarely buy them now as they just don't seem to keep well. Tuftex get a bit sticky when they're old and whilst they do get absolutely enormous in that state, they aren't very strong and can't take me riding them.
    I've got a few belbal left (36" not 24") from a big lot I bought almost 10 years ago and they're still exactly how they were when I bought them, can be ridden really hard even when overinflated.

Comment

• JCB
      • Feb 2021

I never ride em. But tbh I've never really had a prob with Tuftex getting sticky with age. Maybe depends where you are eg in a hotter climate area

Comment

• grizzleylooner
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by JCB
        I never ride em. But tbh I've never really had a prob with Tuftex getting sticky with age. Maybe depends where you are eg in a hotter climate area
        UK, so definitely not a hot climate! And they were stored in sealed bags in the same box as all my other balloons. I only mean very slightly sticky, and they lose that sort of silky smoothness that new ones have. After that they get bigger and weaker. I've had the same problem with different batches of 17" and 24" from different suppliers in different countries over a long period of time. Riding is mostly what I do so strength is the most important thing for me.

Comment

• Jon_Lxa
          • Apr 2024

I like the tuftex for their colours, tightness and the bang. However, they tend to burst easily especially on second inflations. Much prefer belbals, stronger and bigger and super reliable.

Comment

Working...