Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anon
    • Feb 2019

Clear qualatex 24’s usable?

I’ve kept these balloons out of sunlight and kept it cool (under my bed). Are these balloons usable? I’m a non popper and don’t want these to burst on me upon inflation.

thanks in advance
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
  • cl23
    • May 2022

Probably yes, but you and everyone on earth can only be sure, if you simply inflate them.
    Even brand new balloons with no visible flaws can pop. There is always a risk.

Comment

• Danniballoon
      • Mar 2018

I inflated some used Q24's the other day and they were still ok

Comment

• Hk980
        • Nov 2021

Some of mine have rotted some church windows. The greens were like gummy worms and the other colors are perfectly fine

Comment

• LoonerHoax
          • May 2020

I've had issues with the dark crystal ones. Clear and crystal yellow have been fine. The pale blue ones have been fine too. The standard orange seem to inflate on the smaller side. I still blow them big and ride them hard (I'm 230lbs) I have a couple of once used (helium filled) stars around print that get massive but are way too fragile to ride. The first one I inflated popped immediately upon mounting.

Comment

• Casey88
            lukmanrewa
            • Jun 2012

Try to inflate using a hand pump for a few strokes with an earplug on and see where it goes. If the first few strokes go well without any signs of the latex degrading then I assume its safe to go. You cant judge from the outside, unless it sticks by itself.

Comment

• onemoreblow
              Master Over Inflator
              • Sep 2013

Send them to me and I'll let you know

A couple tests you can do .. partially inflate one (maybe the neck only) and if it has thin / cloudy spots, then it is probably no good. It will have a LOT of wrinkles when deflated when this happens. If it deflates with no wrinkles, then it's probably good.

The other test can be destructive, but a good balloon will not stick together or tear in half when you pull very hard on the neck. If you try it stretch it and it snaps then it was no good.

Also for anyone with crystal balloons in general, or old Q24s, be sure to store them separated by color, since the "latex wasting disease" seems to spread from the afflicted balloons to the good balloons.

Comment

• Hk980
                • Nov 2021

All my clear ones were severly oxidized. My greens were rotted, but all my other colors were perfectly fine. Same bag too.

Comment

Working...