Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Punchballer
    • Jan 2022

Discontinued Funsational Groovy Punch Ball

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196499...posted-public/Just sharing another vintage punch ball I'm having fun with. Inflated well over rated size of 14". Nearly 20". Lots of fun punching and bouncing it around. Makes a deep hollow sound more so than the smaller ones Unfortunately it has a small hole at the base of the neck so that's why the end is tied. Otherwise great toy.
  • Ladyloonerlover
    • Mar 2014

That's a nice color

Comment

• Gunnapop
      • Oct 2020

Dandy Pioneer punch. Please share more colors or inflation limits with this one. I had to dig out one of my Pioneers to stretch like yours. I love it when I open the bag and find it kinda stuck to itself. A wee bit of time and talc to get it apart....as the 'stick' is an indicator for a big first inflation. The neck tore from the softness as I prestretch on my Ametek blower....but, jeebs.....3rd inflation...with not a bit of heat shrinking....and this Goldenrod Nascar print is 20-22"...and still soft to the touch. . Take that 10-14" limits. ~gunnpop

Comment

• Gunnapop
        • Oct 2020

...love this photo. The vintage punchballs were so very different....formulation, as well as inflation metrics, smell and tactile hand. My biggest balloon fear moment was around 1980. I was 8 and there was a toy store at the mall called Child World. Waiting for my mum to finish shopping...and having perused the whole toy store.....I sat on a bench outside the store as .a girl began to inflate some for a checkout display. One burst so darn loud and I was terrified....but so fixated and had to just watch and enjoy her blowing them up. From that day, my balloon thing blossomed....but I avoided the thick punchballoons for 30 or so years. Only until recently...have I found interest in these Pioneers as they are the true challenge to stretch and witness the expansive gain...with some patience.. ~gpScreenshot 2024-04-03 at 12.17.48 PM.png

Comment

• Gunnapop
          • Oct 2020

here she is....so far.
          Attached Files

Comment

• ArchibaldR
            • May 2021

Damn that looks amazing! Great print as well, i'm a big NASCAR fan. Thanks for sharing, hope you'll update us on how big you can get it

Comment

• Ladyloonerlover
              • Mar 2014

Love it as a nascar fan. Bet it gets bigger

Comment

• Punchballer
                • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Gunnapop
                Dandy Pioneer punch. Please share more colors or inflation limits with this one. I had to dig out one of my Pioneers to stretch like yours. I love it when I open the bag and find it kinda stuck to itself. A wee bit of time and talc to get it apart....as the 'stick' is an indicator for a big first inflation. The neck tore from the softness as I prestretch on my Ametek blower....but, jeebs.....3rd inflation...with not a bit of heat shrinking....and this Goldenrod Nascar print is 20-22"...and still soft to the touch. . Take that 10-14" limits. ~gunnpop
                The one shown is the groovy rainbow color. It was re-inflated a few times stretching it out to inflate to 19" in diameter. It takes time and patience and each ball can have different results. This one is exceptionally big. For me thickness matters over size for punch balls. And I like the potential loud burst that can occur.

Comment

• Punchballer
                  • Jan 2022

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196499...posted-public/ I had to replace the air leaking out of the punch ball every couple of days. Today I added three puffs of air into it taking it back up to 19". Shortly after that it finally burst! It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

• Punchballer
                    • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Gunnapop
                    ...love this photo. The vintage punchballs were so very different....formulation, as well as inflation metrics, smell and tactile hand. My biggest balloon fear moment was around 1980. I was 8 and there was a toy store at the mall called Child World. Waiting for my mum to finish shopping...and having perused the whole toy store.....I sat on a bench outside the store as .a girl began to inflate some for a checkout display. One burst so darn loud and I was terrified....but so fixated and had to just watch and enjoy her blowing them up. From that day, my balloon thing blossomed....but I avoided the thick punchballoons for 30 or so years. Only until recently...have I found interest in these Pioneers as they are the true challenge to stretch and witness the expansive gain...with some patience.. ~gpScreenshot 2024-04-03 at 12.17.48 PM.png
                    I remember the article with this photo. Those punch balls held popcorn seeds inside them to give off the raddle noise or maraca sound. The park there sold thousands of them a day.

Comment

Working...