Favorite inflation method?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonlun
    • Mar 2021

I use an electric pump that's loud as hell, and really want to find a one way valve so I can blow them up by mouth more discreetly. My neighbor once was home when I was blowing up a bunch for a session and later asked me what I was using power tools for so much.

Comment

• bigloonfucker
      Punk member
      • Nov 2023

Val from TTR sells a nice valves which have undergone development. Ive never had any in my hand but look at roomtex balloons... But shipping from Russia. I am European, I ordered the Loonster, it didnt take much time to get to my country (2weex), but stuck at our duty office for almost 2 months only to realise to pay some small fee. I'm angry, I already filled 2 forms and still waiting... F*cking bureaucracy

Comment

• b loony
        • Oct 2018

wanting to try get a pet blower ,you can adjust the temp so bigger inflation and not too noisy ,mouth btp and electric pump

Comment

• bigloonfucker
          Punk member
          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by b loony
          wanting to try get a pet blower ,you can adjust the temp so bigger inflation and not too noisy ,mouth btp and electric pump
          I would be careful about inflating latex with hot air. Something else is baking balloons in the oven when they are not stretched. On the other side, with PVC inflatables, inflating with hot air (steam) is better when big size is a goal

Comment

• RubberRider297
            Intimate Rider
            • Apr 2024

I have a Rainbow SRX vacuum that I use as my pump. I recently figured out how to switch it to its blow mode, and it’s been wonderful! I’ve been able to blow my 36 inchers to full size within 15 seconds. I mainly use it when I know I have time to grab it and put it back when I’m done with it though. Any other time, I do it the good old fashioned way and blow it by mouth. I definitely agree that there’s something so intimate about blowing it up yourself. Just the fact that it gets bigger and bigger because you’re putting your air inside it, makes the experience of having your way with it make you feel more attached to the balloon being you’re the reason it even got to such a size in the first place 😄

Comment

• bigloonfucker
              Punk member
              • Nov 2023

Originally posted by RubberRider297
              I have a Rainbow SRX vacuum that I use as my pump. I recently figured out how to switch it to its blow mode, and it’s been wonderful! I’ve been able to blow my 36 inchers to full size within 15 seconds. I mainly use it when I know I have time to grab it and put it back when I’m done with it though. Any other time, I do it the good old fashioned way and blow it by mouth. I definitely agree that there’s something so intimate about blowing it up yourself. Just the fact that it gets bigger and bigger because you’re putting your air inside it, makes the experience of having your way with it make you feel more attached to the balloon being you’re the reason it even got to such a size in the first place 😄
              Yep, same, using Rainbow vacuum with hose connected to opposite side. I didn't know about this option long time as this hole is normaly covered.

Comment

• grizzleylooner
                • Aug 2023

I'm lucky not to have to worry about the noise, so electric pump every time.
                I have several but mainly use the same two, one that was sold as a small leaf blower which is ideal for big balloons - does 36" in seconds, 72" in under a minute, and a proper balloon pump with 2 nozzles, the chinese sort you can get on ebay for £30-40 that I use for smaller loons (mostly 17-24 and punchballs) which has a good pressure and will easily pop anything if I go a bit too far.

Comment

• BigBreathless
                  • Jun 2017

I´m a fan of my new battery powered inflator by BOSCH called EasyInflate. It´s rechargable and has enough runtime to even fill the big balloons like 72". I am very impressed by the thing! Plus it allows for cordless inflation fun anywhere

Comment

• Maddie
                    • Mar 2024

I love air compressors because it's really easy to make Contraptions for them and they're really quiet if you put them outside

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                      • Nov 2021

@ Maddie : I hung the air hose over my ceiling fan and used a regulator to limit the pressure . I could then sit back and watch BTPs from a distance and enjoy !
                      Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• bigloonfucker
                        Punk member
                        • Nov 2023

Originally posted by heliumsitr68
                        @ Maddie : I hung the air hose over my ceiling fan and used a regulator to limit the pressure . I could then sit back and watch BTPs from a distance and enjoy !
                        You used your ceiling fan as an inflator? Can't imagine how to do it. Or just hook a hose over it when the fan isn't in use?

Comment

• darcynader
                          • Nov 2018

Current favourite is a USB rechargeable air duster. You can find them on Amazon. Not silent but nowhere near as loud as a Zibi or an Intex inflator.

Comment

• JayJay
                            • May 2024

The new Makita 40v / XGT hand held inflator blower (model number in UK is AS001) is superb for me. I've tried 100 other types of electric and compressor type inflators, but all are either too noisy, too slow, too bulky, need an AC power cord, or can't be adjusted down properly for anything delicate etc.

HIGHLY recommended to looners - strong enough to inflate any size balloon and can be slowed down / down pressured for stealthy use etc. On it's lowest setting it's genuinely quiet enough to use with a bedroom door shut. The trigger is also fully variable (like on a good cordless drill) so you can slow down/speed up to the chosen level very easily.

Comment

• JOhara
                              • Jul 2015

I know it isn’t the cheapest and getting them now is a bit more special than years ago, but helium inflated will always be my favorite way to see balloons. Something about the sound of the helium rushing in and rapid, somewhat “uncontrollable” inflation.

Comment

• darcynader
                                • Nov 2018

Thanks for the tip!

There is an 18V version of this now.

On the lowest setting, it is about as loud as the USB rechargeable air duster I mentioned, but it doesn't whine as much. It is more powerful and also easier to control. Interestingly, it doesn't really seem to get that much louder when you step through the power settings.

Originally posted by JayJay
                                The new Makita 40v / XGT hand held inflator blower (model number in UK is AS001) is superb for me. I've tried 100 other types of electric and compressor type inflators, but all are either too noisy, too slow, too bulky, need an AC power cord, or can't be adjusted down properly for anything delicate etc.

HIGHLY recommended to looners - strong enough to inflate any size balloon and can be slowed down / down pressured for stealthy use etc. On it's lowest setting it's genuinely quiet enough to use with a bedroom door shut. The trigger is also fully variable (like on a good cordless drill) so you can slow down/speed up to the chosen level very easily.

Comment

Working...