Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UKPOPPER
    • Feb 2023

Phobia and fetish

Apologies if this has been done before. The link between my fear of popping balloons (or more precisely any sudden loud noise) as a young person and my enduring fetish for balloons since my teens has always fascinated me. I'd love to know just how common this phobia-to-fetish journey is among looners or if people who have never feared balloons can still go on to develop a fetish for them.

Please let me know your journey into becoming a looner...
    I have or previously had a phobia of balloons
    85.39%
    I have never had a phobia of balloons
    13.48%
    I don't have a balloon fetish
    0%
    Other/I don't know
    1.12%
    Just one more puff...🎈
  • johndinga
    • Jul 2021

I am simultaneously phobic of popping but love watching women blow to pop balloons on a video. I don't think I could stand it if they did it in person though.

Comment

• StartledPopper
      • Sep 2023

The link is extremely common among us, and fascinating! I was the same.

Comment

• Axle
        • Jan 2022

the phobia is still just as strong as ever. it has always been a huge part of my fetish. it's all about risk taking and pushing my luck while also really hoping it doesn't happen all at once. that's my angle anyway.
        Curiosity killed the cattex.

Comment

• Kiltieman
          • Jan 2014

I was the exact same as UKPopper. started as a phobia of balloons which in turn started as a big scare I got as a young boy. Never been able to link why I was terrified of the sight of anyone blowing balloons up and my own subsequent desire to get balloons and blow one up. As a young teenage boy I found that I reacted to girls blowing balloons up in the usual way. Thats how then fetish side started and has continued with a few personal quirks thrown into it.

Comment

• UKPOPPER
            • Feb 2023

Originally posted by johndinga
            I am simultaneously phobic of popping but love watching women blow to pop balloons on a video. I don't think I could stand it if they did it in person though.
            Yes. I understand that. I was the same several years ago.
            Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• UKPOPPER
              • Feb 2023

Originally posted by StartledPopper
              The link is extremely common among us, and fascinating! I was the same.
              Yes - it looks like the poll shows that so far too. Kind of strange but cool too.
              Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• UKPOPPER
                • Feb 2023

Originally posted by Kiltieman
                I was the exact same as UKPopper. started as a phobia of balloons which in turn started as a big scare I got as a young boy. Never been able to link why I was terrified of the sight of anyone blowing balloons up and my own subsequent desire to get balloons and blow one up. As a young teenage boy I found that I reacted to girls blowing balloons up in the usual way. Thats how then fetish side started and has continued with a few personal quirks thrown into it.
                Yes. Nothing sexier in my mind than if a woman I am already attracted to also blows up a balloon in my presence. Especially if the balloon is pink or a delicate colour with a pearlescent or crystal finish that makes it seem more delicate and likely to pop but she just inflates it large and tight anyway... that's enough to make my knees tremble. 🤪
                Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• Felicity Fuxs
                  • Jul 2022

As voted, I had a phobia of balloons, fireworks also, but now they are 2 of my favourite things and I often combine both together.

Comment

• loonlun
                    • Mar 2021

I might be rare here. I never was afraid of balloons, but I was afraid of them popping before I was done having my fun with them but now popping is part of the fun I have with them.

Comment

• DiverDown
                      • Mar 2018

I was terribly phobic of loud noises and balloons when I was very young, and it made attending classmates parties really uncomfortable. Over time I tried to overcome this by finding “safe” ways to pop balloons but when my first crush popped one I found I wasn’t afraid of them, but only when she popped them. I’ve always figured the excitement and attraction to her, even at that age, is where those wires got crossed, and subsequent interactions provided the reinforcement…

Comment

• Loon119
                        • Jun 2018

Started my young life as an extreme phobic.due to abuse by my mother. Hated balloons popping. Through the years could not attend parties without sitting outside/in a toilet or just found every excuse not to attend. Two exes could not and would not understand. Found my wife explained everything to her. My past, my balloon love and fetish. She accepted it. Slowly we got used to balloons together. Then she started to help me with my phobia at my pace. She would pop a balloon that was super soft and when I was super turned on. Then slowly over the years trust built to where she can mass pop, b2p and sit pop. I still have to be turned on prior to popping but I'm ok with it. My fetish went from absolute phobia to love of balloons to beinf able to be near balloons popping but only by the wife. Parties, kids with balloons and mass public pops are definitely a no no. And weirdly if we pop or balloons need popping (after an event/visitors etc) I have to be turned on to the max. Soon as balloons are popped and I release I cannot have balloons pop again. All popping has to before or just on the final seconds of orgasm or I return straight back to phobia weird huh

Comment

• UKPOPPER
                          • Feb 2023

Originally posted by Loon119
                          Started my young life as an extreme phobic.due to abuse by my mother. Hated balloons popping. Through the years could not attend parties without sitting outside/in a toilet or just found every excuse not to attend. Two exes could not and would not understand. Found my wife explained everything to her. My past, my balloon love and fetish. She accepted it. Slowly we got used to balloons together. Then she started to help me with my phobia at my pace. She would pop a balloon that was super soft and when I was super turned on. Then slowly over the years trust built to where she can mass pop, b2p and sit pop. I still have to be turned on prior to popping but I'm ok with it. My fetish went from absolute phobia to love of balloons to beinf able to be near balloons popping but only by the wife. Parties, kids with balloons and mass public pops are definitely a no no. And weirdly if we pop or balloons need popping (after an event/visitors etc) I have to be turned on to the max. Soon as balloons are popped and I release I cannot have balloons pop again. All popping has to before or just on the final seconds of orgasm or I return straight back to phobia weird huh
                          I'm sorry to hear that you suffered abuse but I am pleased you have found a caring wife who supports and understands you. I do understand the benefit of arousal when it comes to popping balloons. Once I am aroused I definitely become more determined to pop balloons but then more reserved/afraid afterwards.
                          Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• bigloonfucker
                            Punk member
                            • Nov 2023

I'm rather phobic (doesn't matter if inflating by myself or pumping), I'm scared of noise and fast flying pieces too, but still this danger of popping excites me (the greater the risk, the greater the excitement). The older I get, the more this paradox grows. I don't use any ear plugs or safety glasses

Comment

• OnceYouPop
                              • Sep 2022

Id love to hear more from the never-been-phobics and how the fetish came about. Totally fascinates me given that I tie mine to my phobia. I always wonder what situations were like in life from the non phobic pov.

Comment

Working...