Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slvideos
    • Mar 2024

Strongest balloons

What's the strongest balloons, 16" and bigger, and where to get them?
  • Merl
    Hopper research dept.
    • Apr 2021

Belbal, imo. At least it was, some say quality has dropped recently. But if so, they're still probably as good as any other brand.

Not sure where you are so can't speak to availability.

Comment

• Axle
      • Jan 2022

i've heard sempertex are very similar. but still haven't gotten round to trying them yet.
      Curiosity killed the cattex.

Comment

• slvideos
        • Mar 2024

There's a girl I'm paying to b2p, and she always brags about her lungs strength. I want something that would really bust her lungs. She's in the USA, so she can order anything from there.

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
          • Dec 2023

Originally posted by Axle
          i've heard sempertex are very similar. but still haven't gotten round to trying them yet.
          I'd vouch for sempertex, but haven't tried any bigger than 12". Got some soap crystal 12"s and even when massively overinflated with huge necks I need to squeeze really hard to pop them. They can sometimes even take my weight when I sit on them, and require a lot of bouncing to burst! Would be interesting to see if bigger ones are as good. They are lovely balloons too. Realy smooth and soft to touch. Smell amazing.

Comment

• phenix
            • Jan 2021

I didn't really like Sempertex 18", they are prone to self-pop.
            Kalisan 18" are really stronger compared to them.

Sempertex 12" crystal are nice, especially in soap colours, but if you make b2p, Belbals are really stronger.

Comment

• slvideos
              • Mar 2024

I wonder if any looner has ever produced any custom balloons, especially for the purpose of making someone blow her lungs out when she b2p.

Comment

• phenix
                • Jan 2021

Originally posted by slvideos
                I wonder if any looner has ever produced any custom balloons, especially for the purpose of making someone blow her lungs out when she b2p.
                It is Roomtex 24 " 🤣
                You need to try hard to do b2p them...

Comment

• balloonPatcher
                  • Jun 2020

The Belbal 36" is a very strong balloon at 55-56 grams. Most other 36" balloon are about 36-40 grams. It inflates very tight for such a big balloon.

Comment

• Exaturbo
                    • Feb 2021

Cattex 55” especially tough when under inflated.

Comment

• Seidenki
                      • Dec 2016

I think Tuftex are stronger than Sempertex. Especially if you can get a really recent batch of 24"s.

Comment

• saniscol
                        • Jun 2017

The balloons from bsa, they are especially designed for outside use: thick an strong balloons, b2p's are difficult and are giving a loud and massive bang!

image.png

Comment

• phenix
                          • Jan 2021

Originally posted by saniscol
                          The balloons from bsa, they are especially designed for outside use: thick an strong balloons, b2p's are difficult and are giving a loud and massive bang!
                          I had several of these balloons, it seemed to me that in comparison with Tuftex 17" they are less durable and pop into some large pieces.
                          I tested this balloon without b2p, I feel like it still had some reserves of strength, but bursted after a couple of breaths.
                          The other one popped much the same way...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Dust of the Saturn
                            Stretched like space-time
                            • Feb 2018

Based on my experience with Tuftex and BSA balloons. I think BSA balloons are only strong on first inflation. Their body to neck ratio is bad. You won't neck them unless you stretch the neck first (or you're mega brave). If you make the mistake of preinflating the body without stretching the neck, then your balloon won't neck.

BSA balloons also tend to stretch and weaken a lot after multiple inflations, making premature pops very common. Again, they're the toughest on first inflation. You can still get away with 2 or 3 reinflations but nothing like other brands.

The only tough BSA I've encountered are the crystal blue ones. Very sturdy for some reason, maybe crystals in general are stronger I'm not too sure.

As for tuftex, it varies between colors. The crystal purple in my opinion is weakest in terms of strength, and that's because of how stretchy it is. Other colors can get really tough, like the crystal burgundy.

I've had BSA and Tuftex balloons pop on their own, but tuftex was always due to age and oxidation, while BSA popped due to multiple inflation (they were still fresh, just inflated multiple times).

On average, based on my anecdotal experience, Tuftex are stronger and resulted in less unexpected pops compared to BSA.

I suspect the new Belbal 17 inch balloons will be the toughest in that size category.
                            Last edited by Dust of the Saturn; 23-03-2024, 18:44.
                            And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

• JCB
                              • Feb 2021

Can't comment on BSA never had any but Tuftex my experience is same as Dust of the Saturn very rarely had any self pop & any due to age/oxidation. I'd recommend Tuftex to anyone. Great 🎈s

Comment

Working...